Words Wednesday

Apr 8, 2015


Ugly-People-Beautiful-Hearts-Poem-7


This one always brings me a smile because I remember writing it. I was sitting in my parents' living room, tapping my notebook and absently watching the wind flirt with the curtains. And something about it was romantic. It was like the breeze was impatient but caught, not knowing how to get out in its hurry to rush into the room. It was sweet so I gave it a name.


An excerpt from my poetry book, Ugly People Beautiful Hearts.


10 comments :

  1. nice poem!

    http://differentcands.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful poem, Marlen! It perfectly captures the mood of a warm, windy Spring day. You have such a lovely way with words. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your poetry!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing post again <3 ! I like visiting your blog :) !
    http://kasjaa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. "pressing its spring lips to my skin." Yes. that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you found so much beauty in such a simple moment. More people need to view the world like you do. (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love receiving daily poems from you straight into my inbox :)

    captaincharghley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, I love hearing how you came up with certain writings! It's interesting how simple things can sometimes inspire something so beautiful.

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete

Talk, talk, talk!

f16bf93391' type='text/javascript'/>