Want to Look Seamless Transitioning Your Winter Wardrobe? Read On!

Mar 17, 2015

how-to-style-jumpsuit



how-to-style-cardigans-for-spring

Snow on the ground and pastels on the mind. While it's becoming near impossible not to put on dresses messy with flowers and hail taxis without coats, some of us still are stuck in the last determined days of winter. While I might have already toed the line by walking through city blocks with my coat unbuttoned, a part of me doesn't want to believe that the worst is over. Just in case I jinx it. But this could be it- this could be the beginning of pinafore season! If anyone happens to be holding a handful of confetti, I suggest now is the time to throw it. 

I loved hearing yesterday the clever ways you've been moving your winter wardrobe towards springier trends, and it's been inspiring me to not just hide behind the usual sweater and denim combo as I nervously wait for the weather to turn. My recent work-around has been the idea to take bolder, happier prints, and pair them with pieces that could still keep me warm when the wind bites. Take this navy jumpsuit for example. 

pattern-mixing-for-spring

It's one of my favorite summer pieces, but when paired with tights and a thin long sleeve shirt underneath, it works perfectly fine for this transitional weather. To add that touch of spring I'm all too eagerly craving, I paired it with a white, happy striped cardigan and juxtaposed the print with a floral scarf tied close to my neck. I slipped on a new pair of clogs to add a pop of color at my feet that would help balance out the poppier colors, and then a dark cross-body bag at my hip to keep the heavier hues grounded. That way I have an even balance of both winter and spring looks in one outfit.

Now excuse me as I never take this off of my body, ever.

how-to-pattern-mixhow-to-style-summer-scarves

Let's discuss: What's one way that you've made a favorite spring piece more winter appropriate?


PS: If you want more chilly weather layering tips, go ahead and read:





outfit details

JUMPSUIT: Urban Outfitters (vintage similar: here
CARDIGAN: Forever 21
SHOES: Urban Outfitters (vintage similar: here)
SCARF: Forever 21
PURSE: Thrifted (vintage similar: herehere
 photo divider_zps9a1dedc9.jpg

18 comments :

  1. I love this look on you Marlen! I love the stripes and florals mixed together, they add a very modern effect. But you keep it real with your own personal style by adding the jump suit and shoes. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful outfit Marlen! It can be tricky to make the transition from winter to spring, but I'm loving how you incorporated that spring scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely perfect! And your face is just glowing! I am so excited for you and your new book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I love the idea to pair tights with a summery jumpsuit. BRB, digging through my closet for ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look beautiful :) I like to add tights to spring outfits to make them more appropriate for the cold weather haha :) love your bag by the way!

    Rebecca Coco

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the scarf with the cardigan. <3 Great colors and patterns. Rad jumpsuit!

    - Anna

    www.melodicthriftychic.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clogs with socks! To me this idea is revolutionary, and I love it.
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that cardigan! I really want it!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh I've got a vintage sailor jumpsuit that I was gonna save for warmer weather, but I reckon with some tights and long sleeved top underneath, it could work in this colder weather! Thanks for the inspo :)

    captaincharghley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the scarf and cardigan you're wearing here, as well as the advice. I have a similarly colorful, gauzy scarf from F21 (except it's bright turquoise, green, and pink) and I'm always wondering at what point in the season I can start working it into my outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I usually can't do jumpsuits but this is tempting. I love the layering. Sadly, we went from 70 degree days to 50 degree days. So... my outfits are all over the place. Layers, layers, layers.

    http://aroseisinbloom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how you paired the stripes with your floral scarf! I am definitely over eager for spring clothes. Although I do love my winter wardrobe. I've just been trying to layer some winter cardigans with floral tops and stripes, or my go-to, tights with shorts.

    www.jessandtonic.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great style! You look amazing and I’m obsessed with this cardigan!
    http://www.shoplinkz.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love this outfit so much! You pull off the stripes and floral combo so well! Thankfully, in Atlanta spring is in full swing so I can bust out the florals, bright colors, and bare arms. Hopefully the warm weather will be moving North soon!

    Alysia Ave

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love transition because you can combine the best of both worlds from your wardrobe!
    You look flawless and beautiful as usual Marlen! Love how you jazzed up the classy simple jumpsuit with the stripes and florals!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This navy jumpsuit is fantastic. I think it looks great all layered up for cooler weather. The striped cardigan gives it a wonderful nautical feel!

    Jamie | PetitePanoply.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is my favorite outfit of yours!! LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  18. Totally cute! I love the stripes and floral together.

    ReplyDelete

Talk, talk, talk!

f16bf93391' type='text/javascript'/>