Poetry Book!

Feb 21, 2015

Ugly-People-Beautiful-Hearts-Poem-1

So I'm getting closer to the end with the launch of my ebook! All the pesky formatting has been finished, all the font options have been tormented over and picked, and now I'm just waiting for the cover to be polished up and finished. I'm aiming for Ugly People Beautiful Hearts to be up by the first week of March, but if you're anything like me you're terrible at waiting.

We're not patient people, no. So to tide us all over, I'll be sharing my favorite poems every other day: words from me to you. Do what you'd like with them. Save them. Smile over them. Let them fix you. Turn them to gold. Share them. Fold them and stow them. I just hope the way I see the world will help brighten yours.

This whole process has been a revelation for me. If you have a dream, do it. Seriously, start now. Right now. Your failure is only as strong as your excuse to stop. I really can't believe I didn't do this years before.

If you'd like to visit my poems in one spot, check out my Ugly People Beautiful Hearts page. And if you'd like poetry every morning with your breakfast coffee, join my poetry newsletter.

 I love you all for supporting me, and just know, I have your back equally as much :)

21 comments :

  1. Congrats!! This is such a big step! I can't wait to see how the book comes out :) Good luck with the final touches!

    Mili

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you, Marlen! Looking forward to more pretty words from you :)

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. eee, how exciting! i love your about me. can't wait to read more, lovely! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I'm so excited for you. You did it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your forthcoming ebook :) If it is anything like your about me, it will be wonderful and heartwarming! I can't wait to read it.

    Haven't stopped by in a while and love how your blog is even more amazing than I remember it to be :) I don't want to comment spam but I adore your outfit in the post before this, so cute!

    Carmen Ri.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh gosh congrats! It's gonna be so awesome. Waiting is the worst darn thing.
    "Star spilling this way and that." Mmm mm mmm. Can't wait for more <3

    xx
    scarlettandgiselle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, Marlen! What an achievement! It'll be so exciting when it's all done. Looking forward to more sneak peeks in the meantime :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So lovely! You have an amazing talent for writing

    ReplyDelete
  9. You got it all right, girl - the dreams part. You are a true poet. Such fine listening skills - listening to what's mostly gets unnoticed. Truly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sensational! How wonderful and brave! I always feel like I should be reading more poetry--it grounds you to real life in a way. Looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so awesome. A big congrats to you, such beautiful words!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're a poet! That's so fantastic you're putting yourself out there. I love oil painting and people are always asking why I don't sell them... and I guess I will one day, but why can't one just have a fun hobby? God luck on your Ebook - so exciting!

    ♥ Paula Shoe Fiend.
    http://shoe-fiend.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so exciting, Marlen! Congratulations on all the progress you've made on your ebook. That excerpt/introduction is very beautiful, and I'm excited to read more of your beautiful poetry.

    -Helen

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been so excited for your books since you posted that first poem! Congratulations on getting this far!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah, so amazing that it's almost ready!! You're so incredibly talented- can't wait to read it :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. This. Is. Fascinating. I mean, to be honest, I do like poetry anyway. But with this, I can feel ever clink, see every ray of light. It's so calming.

    http://aroseisinbloom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. So, so excited for you Marlen! And I love getting the poetry in the newsletter!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ahhhh, I can't wait Marlen!! I'll be waiting to hear more when it's the first week of March ;)

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  19. So, so exciting! Isn't formatting an ebook fun? I agonized for weeks over my first book! So much so, that I haven't yet summoned the courage to do it again! I love the way that you string words together (like beads on a necklace, if you will permit me to be a bit flowery). Can't wait to read more!
    : signe : the daily savant :
    Shark Tooth Earrings Giveaway
    Floral Cocktail Ring Giveaway
    Dragonfly Ring Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  20. Marlen, how are you such a talented woman?? Seriously! I can't wait for this release though. Congratulations on getting to the final stages with it!

    x Kathryn
    Through the Thicket

    ReplyDelete

Talk, talk, talk!

f16bf93391' type='text/javascript'/>