Layering 101: 10 Unexpected Ways to Layer This Winter Season

Feb 7, 2015

Oh, February. It's that time of year my friends- that time where you wish wearing a ski mask somehow (finally) became trendy. The winds have teeth, the snow is coming down with a vendetta, and the air hurts. It just...hurts. But even though ski masks aren't yet socially acceptable outside of getaway vans, there are other ways to stay warm and stylish while winter tries to tear us down. Ways that don't involve swimming in fleece and sweatpants. The trick is to rock layers, and rock them well. Keep reading to learn 10 tips on how to unexpectedly layer this winter season!

tips-on-how-to-layer-this-winter-season



tips-on-how-to-layer-this-winter-seasontips-on-how-to-layer-this-winter-seasontips-on-how-to-layer-this-winter-seasontips-on-how-to-layer-this-winter-seasontips-on-how-to-layer-this-winter-seasontips-on-how-to-layer-this-winter-seasontips-on-how-to-layer-this-winter-seasontips-on-how-to-layer-this-winter-seasontips-on-how-to-layer-this-winter-season


For more styling inspiration, visit the sources: ONE| TWO| THREE| FOUR| FIVE| SIX| SEVEN| EIGHT| NINE | TEN



20 comments :

  1. I love layering, it always completes the look. I think you do it so well
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes to all of these! I think seven is most helpful because sometimes I get stuck in a rut of how to keep re-wearing the same warm dresses time after time.

    -Hannah
    www.theoutfitrepeater.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love layering!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, Ulyana is my style hero. Everything I see her in just looks so fresh and clever to me.
    I also love your outfit in the post below.Those pants look great on you! I've been seeing a lot of menswear inspired posts lately that have been making me want to try it out more than I do now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your descriptions of outfits always is so enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great ideas! I absolutely love the big bulky scarf in the first photo, it look SO warm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would say the 1st and 7th looks are my favorite!

    Christina
    www.cityloveee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love layering. I think it's my favourite thing to do, and the way you assembled this post is amazing.

    Naturally Jes

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ulyana Sergeenko giving me life here as usual. Love this post. California doesn't get too cold usually, but I will take advantage of the colder days and pile on lots o layers. Great post!

    xx
    scarlettandgiselle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! I'm in love with the one where you layer a chunky knit sweater under a pinafore -- looks perfect for some of my pieces! :D

    love,
    a

    www.missdecaf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. The best thing about cold weather is that we have a lot of ways to layer our clothes. Great tips!
    Obsessed Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is fantastic!!! :D great tips and post in general!!

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are such cool picks! Thank you for sharing (:

    - Deniz
    www.dressedupdeniz.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yessss, I love your layering posts! O_O I adore the sweater and fancy maxi skirt combo the most! Thinking of doing something similar as soon as the stupid brown snow melts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm loving the maxi skirt over a dress idea. What a way to take something to the next level! (: Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay I always love getting some new layering ideas even though cold weather is so off and on where I live. I think six and seven are my absolute favorites. I'd wear both of those looks!

    Jamie | PetitePanoply.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love these layering ideas! I've been really into layering big sweaters over long dresses. A bonus of that method is being able to wear fuzzy leggings :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute ideas, I especially like the skirt over the lace dress.

    Karen
    Duncanlovestess.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are all so wonderful! I'm pretty bad at layering I think, I should come back to check with these ideas next time I dress up :-)

    ReplyDelete

Talk, talk, talk!

f16bf93391' type='text/javascript'/>