WHAT TO WEAR TO A...

Dec 2, 2014

what-to-wear-to-a-speakeasy-burlesque-show

Go for a bohemian rhapsody look by taking your vintage corduroy skirt and pairing it with earthy elements. Go for some chunky wood-bottom booties to start, and pair them with a shearling-lined jacket and a wide brimmed hat to really accentuate the rural chic tone. Then, add a thick fisherman sweater for a contrast in textures against the skirt and slick on some wine red lipstick to meet friends at the local speakeasy for a night of drinks and dancing girls behind feather fans. Find a spot where the jazz isn't too loud and sip on your Manhattan as you wish you had one of those diamond headpieces in your own closet. Some day!



SHOP THE LOOK HERE:
  1. Jessamity velvet mini skirt (only $32!)
  2. New Old Fashion Vintage Irish wool cable knit sweater
  3. Mango faux shearling-lined jacket
  4. Urban Outfitters wood bottom booties
  5. Zara croc leather bucket bag
  6. Sole Society wide brim wool hat

what-to-wear-to-a-wine-and-tapas-bar


Go for a bold, southwestern look by making a chunky pullover sweater your main piece. Pair it with a pleated leather mini for an unexpected, polished look, and keep the tone of the outfit cozy by matching it with thick wool socks and chunky hiker boots. Add in a longer denim jacket as an extra layer to balance out the long proportions of the sweater (and to add a pop of color!), and top off the look with a dark green hat to add in another autumnal hue into the mix. It's the perfect outfit to order way too many tapas dishes  in (that'll be noisily passed around the corner table between your group of friends, with laughs and forks clanking), and to sip wine in until the restaurant closes. 

SHOP THE LOOK HERE:

  1. Little Veggie Vintage southwest pullover sweater (only $26!)
  2. Bottle Blonde Vintage denim barn jacket
  3. Anne Klein faux leather pleated midi skirt
  4. Ecote Snuffy hiker boots
  5. J Crew Marled socks
  6. Brixton The Wesley fedora in moss


what-to-wear-to-an-espresso-and-ice-cream-run

Sometimes you need to take a break from work and sneak out for an espresso and ice cream run. Dip out to your nearest Italian restaurant and request a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream with some hot, rich espresso poured on top like chocolate syrup. While doing so, be sure to wear your sweetest peter pan collar dress and fur cape coat- there's just no other way! To play up the girly features in the look, pair the dress with a structured school-girl backpack and a pair of Mary Janes. But to give the look an unexpected twist, opt for thicker Mary Janes with a chunky platform, to give the sweet look some edge. It's subtle, but it changes the whole mood of the outfit. 


SHOP THE LOOK HERE:
what-to-wear-to-a-fourth-date

You've done the wine and candlelight dinner thing. You've done the popcorn and movie thing. You did the first-kiss-with-your-cheeks-prickling on your doorstep thing. Now you're on your fourth date and you're doing the whole talk-for-hours-at-the-cafe-window-seat thing. To make him just a skosh more moon-eyed over you, wear a quirky egg yolk sweater and go quietly-mod with the look by pairing it with a corduroy circle skirt, statement cape coat, and sassy beret. Further accentuate the femininity of the outfit by choosing a sleek and soft-edged backpack in the same color as your corduroy, and then juxtopose that with some statement boots with heavy hardware. Now try to hide that smile that just won't go away in between coffee sips.  


SHOP THE LOOK HERE:
  1. Color Theory Shop egg yolk sweater
  2. American Apparel corduroy circle skirt
  3. Romwe camel cape coat (only $39!) 
  4. River Island croc chunky boots (only $40!)
  5. Bag Collection leather backpack
  6. Modcloth beret

32 comments :

  1. Very cute!

    lovefrombethan.blogspot.co.uk

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that paisley skirt!! It is so perfect for this season. Also, you keep blowing these outfits out of the water-- each one is fantastic and so inspiring. Thanks girl!

    Simplicity Relished

    ReplyDelete
  3. That first outfit---I love that skirt and those shoes!! That egg shirt is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the ice cream run outfit! :)

    vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah, what lovely outfits you always put together! i love the espresso & ice cream run one as well as that cape. i can't believe i still don't own a cape! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looooove that first look. The jacket is awesome. And the bags in all of these are to die for.

    xx
    scarlettandgiselle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. such cute outfits, love the ice cream run one!

    xo

    Inspirations Have I None

    ReplyDelete
  8. ook, all of these looks are amazing & have items i love. i'm all about capes right now, so i really love that camel cape coat, that's a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm in love with all these outfits & their occasions. The first outfit has to be my favorite though, I feel like I wear my cable knit sweater all winter long <3
    Katelyn // Relatively Offbeat

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the ensembles you come up with! I especially like the first and last look, but all are wonderful. The write-ups that go with the looks make me think you'd be a perfect writer for a fashion magazine or company - you bring life and emotion to the outfits and it's perfect! I also wish I had you as my personal stylist. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I literally love every single outfit!

    -Marie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay I need all of those shoes! I really love the Date outfit... the egg top just pops!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are all super cute and I love the stories you create for each one! I always have intentions of picking a fave but it's usually too hard- like now, I want all of these. I love the idea of the egg sweater on a 4th date :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh I love that plaid dress! I would love to find something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the skirt in the speakeasy outfit (:

    - Deniz
    www.dressedupdeniz.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. For the speakeasy burlesque show are you thinking of the new bar Bordel? Also I am dying over everything in your espresso and ice-cream run outfit. The dress is amazing especially paired with the fur poncho. I think I need that poncho STAT.
    Justine
    http://theredlipchronicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such an amazing post!! I seriously love how each has an event/theme. It have given me some great ideas. I really like the way you have done the photos. They are clean and crisp and paint a lovely picture with their titles.
    - C
    Claudine Converses

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the Espresso and Ice-cream run outfit! The beret with cat ears is adorable!! :)
    ♥Natalie
    Yours Truly, NY


    ReplyDelete
  19. That "Fourth Date" outfit- yes, please! The cape is amazing and the eggy shirt is totally up my alley :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. You really have a great taste. such a lovely outfits!
    Second one is my favourite :)

    http://stylewithoutstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I had no idea egg yolk sweaters existed but I kind of love it! Also really liking the leather backpack in the last outfit, I feel like it would be so versatile and easy to use with any outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Affogato... My mouth is watering now. I used to work next door to a gelato place, and if I'd worked there any longer I would have gone broke/gotten fat off of post lunch affogato. Also, I like the non-obvious route you took with the burlesque wear. I'd probably dress like I was part of the show, to be honest.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sign me up for that wine & tapas bar because that look is too good! xx

    www.blancheneve.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ah, my favourite post... I love this series. I'm especially head over heels for the 1st and last outfit. Just darling - plus, how fab is that yolk sweater? So adorable & unique. Love it!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  25. I think I like the 4th outfit the best! They are all super cute though!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great sets! Love the white chunky knit sweater and the Peter Pan collar dress! :)

    Bella Pummarola

    ReplyDelete
  27. I have been eyeing that Zara poncho for a few days now, and seeing it on your blog confirms that it needs to be in my closet by the weekend :) The Date option is my fav! -xx

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oooo la la. I love the boots in the second outfit. So perfect!

    xx

    http://thestylecrusader.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm especially loving that last set, because of that mustard color! It's such a lovely color for fall and I'm all about yellow/mustard clothing haha. I loved reading your little descriptions for each outfit. You know the "story" they have for each product on ModCloth? You'd be so amazing at writing those!

    xo, Serli
    www.lesoleilchic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love that corduroy skirt and that date outfit is perfect! Want!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'm all about bold prints!
    LOved the 1st one :)
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Talk, talk, talk!

f16bf93391' type='text/javascript'/>