LAYERING 101: 8 TIPS FOR LAYERING DURING FALL

Dec 4, 2014

While most of us are taking in the changing leaves, the cozy fireplaces, and the pumpkin flavored everything, we're also trying not to struggle with dressing in interesting ways and keeping warm at the same time. Two things can go wrong when brisk winds are involved: you can dress cute and go freeze your butt off, or you can dress warm and look like a bag lady.  I always feel like I need a constant flow of inspiration to not go into lazy mode when dressing for the cold, so to help both of us out I made another Layering 101: Fall Edition! Which is your favorite tip, and which one caught your eye the most? Let me know in the comments below!


LAYERING-101-tips-on-how-to-layer-for-fall



LAYERING-101-tips-on-how-to-layer-for-fall-1LAYERING-101-tips-on-how-to-layer-for-fall-2LAYERING-101-tips-on-how-to-layer-for-fall-3LAYERING-101-tips-on-how-to-layer-for-fallLAYERING-101-tips-on-how-to-layer-for-fallLAYERING-101-tips-on-how-to-layer-for-fallLAYERING-101-tips-on-how-to-layer-for-fall

Which was your favorite tip? 


17 comments :

  1. love all of these looks!! I esp love 1 and 4. I'm all about the billowy sweater and over the knee boots!

    <3
    heather
    fashionistanygirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm gonna have to try out 3 and 7! I just need an excuse to get more sweaters and boots haha.

    I always wanted to get coats but it always looks so baggy on me.. maybe the belt tip will work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in love with that first look. The billowy sweater is so perfect!! I need to go find one! :)

    Simplicity Relished

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah, all these looks are so great! i really am drawn to 1,6&8 though. all (i think) are totally my style, something i could see easily wearing, or at least try to wear :)
    -k
    www.kerryjune.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are so many excellent tips in this post, it's hard to choose which one is my favorite. I love the idea of wearing a statement coat and also really like wearing a chunky big sweater over a summer dress. Thanks for all the inspiration!

    xx

    http://thestylecrusader.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the thigh boot tip. I think that is gorgeous right now and probably practical for snow right? LOL. Also loving the dress above the sweater. I've been eying this strapless top on Nasty Gal and on the sale page it's actually styled with an oversized white tee. I want the whole damn thing I tell you! Can't stop thinking about that kind of look.

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tips! I love over the knee & thigh high boots in the winter because they're actually pretty great at keeping you warm! I also love the idea of belting your coat, since I often get so bored with mine after wearing it day after day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so love all these tips. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Three four and five are my favorites! I looove the third look head to toe; I would wear it in a heartbeat, especially with those boots! I need a good pair of boots for this winter.
    xo
    Kristina
    www.eccentricowl.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. 1, 3, and 7 are perfect looks! I now want to raid my closet to recreate these styles! Especially number 3. I don't have a floral skirt, but I do have a polka dot skirt and I think that might work just as well.

    http://lamentinglizzie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like all of those layer tips, they are perfect for the colder days ;)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this!! And I needed this today! Thank you. Going to check out your other posts on layering as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great ideas! I always fall into a fashion rut this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm fucking bookmarking this!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I always love your tips for layering. These are so perfect! I have to try a sweater under my formal wear :)

    Theatricality by Mariah

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think 2, 6 & 7 are my favorites! I always enjoy seeing all your layering ideas. Layering keeps things interesting! I just wish it was cool enough to layer most of the time here!

    Jamie | PetitePanoply.com

    ReplyDelete

Talk, talk, talk!

f16bf93391' type='text/javascript'/>