WHAT TO WEAR TO A...

Nov 20, 2014

what-to-wear-to-a-truffle-making-class
Want to wear your bohemian dresses all year round? Easy- just pair them with heavy cable-knit ponchos and knee high boots and you've got yourself a late fall outfit. Play up the autumnal theme by choosing a palette of rich browns, soft cremes, and deep reds. which will help with the summer transition. Add a fun pompom baseball hat for some cheek, and go to the neighborhood confectionery to learn how to make your own truffles. Work with bittersweet chocolate and toasted coconut while you sip hot chocolate, and try to keep a humble face as compliments start pouring in. 


  1. Poetry for Jane '70s bohemian tent dress (only $27!)
  2. Zara cowlneck poncho
  3. H&M knee high boots
  4. BCBG snowbunny baseball hat


what-to-wear-to-a-writing-club

It's hard not to play with everyone's favorite fall staple: the plaid skirt. Go for a prim and polished look with yours by pairing it with a tie-neck silk blouse and pill box hat. To really play into the feminine style you're giving off with the bow, choose a cape coat as your outerwear, and a croc bucket bag as your purse to keep the look sophisticated. Then to give your outfit a touch of youth opt for unexpected footwear, like a pair of heavy Dr. Martens. Unexpected, but still sleek. 
  1. Fiery Finish Vintage '70s plaid A-line skirt
  2. Zara contrast tie-neck silk blouse
  3. Mango wool-blend cape
  4. Hey Viv! Vintage pin up pill box hat
  5. Dr. Martens flora boot
  6. Rifle Paper vintage blossom notebook set (set of 2 for $14!)
  7. The Every Girl Keep Not Settling travel tumbler (only $18!)
  8. Zara croc leather bucket bag

what-to-wear-to-a-late-late-breakfast

Sometimes you have a Holly Golightly moment and don't wake up till noon. So stay true to character and put your hair up into a big ballerina bun and slip into some glitter heels to catch a croissant and coffee breakfast. To go with those heels, pair a brightly colored chiffon party dress with a heavy cable knit poncho for a playful contrast. To further deconstruct the elegant dress into something appropriate for a Thursday, match your turtleneck poncho with a faux fur snood, and some tortoise shell glasses. Then, stifling a yawn, go catch the elevator and hope that all the chocolate croissants haven't been snapped up yet. 

  1. Deja Vintage Boutique chiffon pleated party dress
  2. Zara cowlneck poncho 
  3. River Island faux fur and knitted snood
  4. Zara leather bowling bag
  5. J Crew Factory glitter pumps
  6. Warby Parker Cliff sunglasses

what-to-wear-to-tacos-and-tallboys

Sweater dresses are (or should be) every girl's go-to once the weather gets mean outside. Warm enough to keep the cold out of your bones, but every bit as stylish as its summer counterparts, this is a piece that's super fun to play with. When going to get some ace tacos and tallboys with friends, go for a minimal but quirky look to the cash-only bar. Pair your turtleneck sweater dress with a statement winter coat to offset the simpleness of the piece, and then play with accessories by having them contrast in feel. For example, pair clunky forest green winter boots with a sophisticated and sleek handbag. The juxtaposition will make for a playful look, and the continue to give the outfit some personality by choosing quirky socks and some brightly tinted sunglasses. For an outfit like this, I'd give you a free taco ;)

34 comments :

  1. I really love The Writing Group Club look, so nice. I love this series :)

    vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Late Late Breakfast the best! I wish I were cool enough to pull it off though, ha! Never would have guessed that the fur wasn't connected to the sweater. Genius!!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm ALL over these outfits, seriously, your blog & creativity just make me feel harder & harder for fashion. You're such an inspiration, lovey!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that cow neck poncho over a pleated dress. What a beautiful look. (:

    http://accordingtokiki123.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, the truffle-making class outfit- perfect! Love that dress especially. I'll take some truffles too :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything is so cute and Fall appropriate!

    xoxo,
    Maggie S.
    ❤Clothestomidnight.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow love all the choices, such a great tips :) I would probably have to choose late breakfast look, perfect combo :) Have a great day doll. Mel
    www.livingoncloude9.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think my comment may have been deleted, but these are perfect and now I'm dying for those sparkle heels. Serious sparkle fever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the BCBG snowbunny baseball hat! It is so old school looking!!! Really cool find!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fun outfits you put together! I especially love that cap with the pom pom on it for the first collage!

    http://www.betheplebeian.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh I LOVE that gorgeous green chiffon dress. Super elegant and just perfect with a sweater. As usual, I'm inspired! ;)

    Simplicity Relished

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the first, Bohemian dress. That is no to say that the other outfits are not drool-worthy. Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha aaaw the themes/occassions for these looks are so cute! Truffle making class and Tacos and Tallboys? Sounds great to me :)
    My favourite is the Writing Group outfit though!

    As for your question: I'm applying for all different kinds of jobs at the moment, mostly in office support, retail and hospitality. I can't be picky with my visa as it enables me to only stay in a contract for 6 months maximum (booh!).

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that cowlneck poncho! So pretty :)

    www.simplydavelyn.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hahaha, oh if only I had a Holly Golightly moment and could look half as fabulous...sigh.
    Now I want to watch Breakfast at Tiffany's....
    Another creative, quirky, and completely Marlen inspired set of outfits! I love how you make me rethink how to wear clothes :)

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm obsessed with that late late breakfast outfit - because that's totally my current status lately with the time change and darker mornings.

    <3 dani
    http://blog.shopdisowned.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely outfit suggestion .....I would wear the last outfit without changing anything <3


    www.theeche.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Writing club is my absolute favourite look. I adore a nice luxe backpack and the plaid skirt is beautiful, I can definitely see you wearing this and looking gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome collection

    http://abdelkhalekleblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. You have such amazing taste- the perfect mix of vintage-inspired and girly :) My favorite look is the late breakfast- getting up too late and having to put my hair in a bun is the story of my life ;) Love the texture on that green-yellow skirt, I can practically feel it.

    Rachel xxx
    www.thedailyluxe.net

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh these are all amazing!! The sparkle heels are obviously super pretty and I love the sweater dress with the chunky booties. Great selection!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Loving that late breakfast look! Gorgeous!!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are all so freaking stylish (and also- you present such a lovely lifestyle I really do think you are like a magazine I get a dose of every day! You'd sell so many copies!)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the looks you create and the feel you bring along with it. I so want one of those plaid midi skirts, but I think my favorite was look number one.

    www.hollandsreverie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Uhhhh, I am tempted to buy that etsy dress. Not joking! Such a lovely number...

    ReplyDelete
  26. i love the writing group club outfit, would definitely wear that. and those sparkle heels! these posts always make me want to have events like these to go to, haha. not that i couldn't organize them myself, but the idea of someone inviting me to a truffle-making class is just much more appealing:-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. These are fantastic! I want to wear them all :)
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  28. You are so flippin talented! Each look is better than the next! Happy weekend lady, I know you will be looking fabulous!

    xo

    Michaela

    http://michaelajeanblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love that whole writing group look - so perfect. It's definitely making me want to bust out one of my capes, and I think it'll actually be warm enough this weekend to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Those heels are really neat! I like that whole outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love the writing group club outfit (:

    - Deniz
    www.dressedupdeniz.com

    ReplyDelete

Talk, talk, talk!

f16bf93391' type='text/javascript'/>