WHAT TO WEAR TO A...

Oct 28, 2014

What-to-wear-to-a-pumpkin-carvin-party

Show off your Jack-o-lantern skills by popping on your favorite fall colors and heading over to your neighborhood bar to carve pumpkins with your neighbors. Mix teal with a deep coral to create an eye-catching color palette, and tie together the whole look (literally!) with a mustard bow scarf. Now that you look like the epitome of fall, grab yourself a pumpkin spice martini and get to carving spooky faces!


  1. Lucy Blue Vintage boho dress
  2. J Crew schoolboy burnt orange blazer
  3. Indulgy mustard knit bow scarf
  4. Zara gusetted shopper bag
  5. Little Miss Vintage 3 green suede bow heels

What-to-wear-to-a-wine-lounge
In the mood to sit somewhere dimly lit and quiet with a good book? Take your favorite tropical print dress and pop on a cozy knit cardigan and head over to your favorite wine lounge. There you can slowly flip pages over the clink of wine glasses and sip on a concoction with strawberries and ginger as you fall into the story. To make your floral dress a little less summer and a little more fall, dip it into autumnal hues by pairing it with cognac colored booties and a cross-body bag in a rich forest green. Chin chin!
  1. Barnaby Jack off-white fisherman sweater
  2. Shop Vintage Minnie tropical garden dress
  3. Zara high heeled leather bootie
  4. Mango double compartment bag

What-to-wear-to-pie-inspired-cocktails
Break the pumpkin spice latte rut by jumping into a pumpkin spice cocktail rut. Dress the part by pairing your plaid shirt dress with a fur stole for a touch more coziness and go sample the pie-inspired cocktail menu at that quietly fancy bar down the block. Choose concoctions that mix bourbon, apple cider, and caramel; or maybe cinnamon, allspice berries, and juniper. Bonus points if the glass comes with a caramelized pie crust rim. Basically...I want to drink a boozy pie. 

 What-to-wear-to-an-edgar-allen-poe-reading
Get into the Halloween spirit by popping a pair of overalls over a thick cablenkit sweater and heading over to a rumored-to-be-haunted mansion for an Edgar Allen Poe reading. Up the coziness factor by pairing your look with a pompom beanie, and then balance out the cutesy look with some over the knee suede boots and a structured bag. Then sit back, take in the chandeliers, scan the room for any white apparitions, and enjoy the actors' rendition of The Raven. 

  1. Mango tencel short dungarees
  2. Little Miss Vintage 3 fisherman sweater
  3. H&M over knee boots
  4. H&M cable knit hat

39 comments :

  1. I love the last outfit in particular - those boots! I almost bought a pumpkin today but I think I might wait till a little later in the week! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a tossup which I love more- the one for the wine lounge or the pie-cocktails (that fur is so pretty!)

    As always, love this series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These looks are all beautiful!! I especially love the cocktails one :)

    lovejoanna.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, just went to buy those over the knee boots.

    Who doesn't love some EAP, especially this time of year? My favorite rendition of The Raven is done by Christoper Walken - look it up on youtube - I guarantee goosebumps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marlen! Stumbled upon your blog from the Midwest Blogger Love Pinterest board. Love the looks you've pulled together, especially the last two!

    -Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how creative your ideas for these always are. My favourite would have to be... Pie-inspired Cocktails.

    vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think I could love this post any more. I adore your outfit inspirations! How adorable and specific are your suggested occasions? The outfits you put together for each and every single one of them couldn't be any more perfect. Well done :)

    Jasmin xx

    http://www.whatdefinesus.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so creative. You blow me away all the time with your ideas for events. You should be an event planner!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh I love the colors for the pumpkin carving party- I like bright colors carried over into fall looks because I want to see more than brown and orange for 3 months :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, the wine lounge look! I'm all for floral prints + cozy sweaters :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh man I wish you didn't provide the links where I could actually, real-life, go and purchase these darling things!!! I love each outfit. Won't you come and style me someday!

    xo,
    Malia
    littleladychangblog

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all of these collections, you seriously have the cuuutest style~~ have I mentioned I'm in love with your blog? I'm pretty sure I have ^^

    Gina
    Pink Wings

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a fun post, I love the first one!

    ClassToCloset

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just adore that coral blazer-- it's beautiful! Another set of great picks, girl!

    Daisy | Simplicity Relished

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post! I love the pumpkin carving outfit, I have always liked the way coral and teal look together!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You always put a smile on my face with your what to wear ideas :) I would happily be wearing the full outfit and going to both the poe reading and the pumpkin carving party!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great post!! Love your blog by the way!

    SSSx
    Latest rather cool giveaway on Style StreetStalker: http://bit.ly/ZXl4uZ

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just love the first outfit!! The bright colors and jewel tones go together so beautifully :) If I were to attend a pumpkin carving party though I'd probably need to wear a dirty shirt and jeans-- it's so messy!

    Daisy | Simplicity Relished

    ReplyDelete
  19. gahh soo obsessed with the second & last look (well, minus the bags from Mango--they are on my boycott list!) Everything else looks so nice & cozy and like such great comfort clothes! c;

    <(') Hoda | JooJoo Azad

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm loving the look for Wine Lounge! Knit cardigans need to start popping up in my thrift stores!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love these outfits!! That wine lounge dress is amazinggggggggggggggg!

    Morgan
    www.eenymeenyminymorgan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I so love these posts that you do! And - I absolutely LOVE that floral dress for a wine lounge. We have one not far from my home that would be a perfect spot to try that dress out ... and drink a bit of wine too :)

    Happy Day Marlen!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such cute collages - love the vintage tropical dress!

    - Deniz
    www.dressedupdeniz.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Whoa...those last three are definitely in my "MUST COPY" list...
    Especially the Cocktails and Reading set - wow, you put together the BEST collages! :D

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  25. love the first 2 ensembles!!! great for the season!!

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  26. you put together 4 awesome outfits! i love that first outfit!

    xo, carli
    Puppies and Polka Dots

    ReplyDelete
  27. Obsessed with all of these looks! That dress from the wine room is to die for and those thigh high boots! Love!!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeatsoles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. these are all such cute outfits! loving the wine one...can never resist florals! :)

    Metallic Paws

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oooh, I need all of these in my closet stat! So many great finds. Fabulous as always, love. If you get a sec, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest. :) xx

    www.fashboulevard.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Amazing ,great Work! Love it :)

    Have a wonderful Day ,kisses

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love the wine lounge look, so cute!!
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Le sigh...the Edgar Poe Reading look is epic - totally swooning!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great selections- I loved the last best and the vintage boho dress from the first set!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love the schoolboy blazers from JCrew! Such a classic style. That Zara handbag in the first look is a winner, too. :)

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  35. The first outfit has my name all over it. Unfortunately my wallet can't bear the JCrew blazer even though it wants it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love this! Now I feel like I need to "get out there!" haha!
    xoxo
    Hollyn
    http://psimfromthemidwest.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Talk, talk, talk!

f16bf93391' type='text/javascript'/>