BEEHIVE CHICAGO VINTAGE COLLECTIVE

Oct 19, 2014

Beehive-Chicago-Vintage-Collective-13



Beehive-Chicago-Vintage-Collective-14Beehive-Chicago-Vintage-Collective-15
Beehive-Chicago-Vintage-Collective-18
Beehive-Chicago-Vintage-Collective-16Beehive-Chicago-Vintage-Collective-12Beehive-Chicago-Vintage-Collective-8Beehive-Chicago-Vintage-Collective-6Beehive-Chicago-Vintage-Collective-5
Beehive-Chicago-Vintage-Collective-19
Beehive-Chicago-Vintage-Collective-3Beehive-Chicago-Vintage-Collective-4Beehive-Chicago-Vintage-Collective-1

Ya see all this goodness here? This is all from Beehive Chicago Vintage Collective, a loft-space turned showroom nestled in East Garfield Park, home to eight vintage stores and a treasure trove to all of the vintage obsessed. Decked out in strings of fairy-lights and clusters of pink tissue pompoms, this loft acts not only as a workspace for the vintage vendors, but also a mini mall come every Saturday, when they open up their doors and invite you to come poke around their loot. 

I went last Saturday with Tom (ready to spend my lunch money on the first plaid dress I laid eyes on) and found myself kind of crushing on the collective, getting more and more fond of them as I went deeper into the loft.  You see, the thing that struck me about them is how wonderfully warm and inviting they all were. Customers were sprawled out on vintage couches, talking and laughing with the vendors as they noshed on free cookies and drinks laid out on the bar. Girls came out of dressing rooms decked out in mod dresses and full skirts- first a little uncertain and unsure- then softened into delighted smiles as the owners topped off their looks with vintage hats, fur stoles, and encouraging winks in the mirror. Some of the vendors were busy dressing models in incredible outfits, getting ready for lookbook photoshoots as customers (well, fine, me) gawked on the sidelines. (And feverishly stole styling ideas for future looks.) 

There was tons to rifle through, and we spent a good handful of hours weaving between rows, thumbing fur coats, testing out barcarts, and trying our hardest not to blow all of rent money on vintage dresses and boots. If you're in the Chicago area, definitely come through one of these Saturday afternoons. And if you're not, scroll to the bottom of the post and visit their Etsy stores and sites!

Beehive-Chicago-Vintage-Collective-11Beehive-Chicago-Vintage-Collective-10Beehive-Chicago-Vintage-Collective-9Beehive-Chicago-Vintage-Collective-7Beehive-Chicago-Vintage-Collective-2Beehive-Chicago-Vintage-Collective

Beehive Chicago Vintage Collective
  • 2950 W Carroll St, Suite 3S (3rd Floor)
  • Chicago, Illinois 60612
Marthette Vintage RentalLost Girls Vintage
Imaginary Girl
South Loop Loft
Onomatopoeia
Take 2 Vintage
Tweed Creative Vintage
Yetti Treasures

23 comments :

  1. Looks like a ton of fun- and oh, I love that green dresser in one of the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow there's tons of awesome stuff there! I'm not very good at vintage shopping but I love seeing what other people find! Thanks for sharing these pretty photos :)

    <3 Daisy | Simplicity Relished

    ReplyDelete
  3. GASP, this looks like a magical wonderland! I love it! I could definitely spend all day there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This place looks amazing. I'm pining over that bright red coat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. This is like vintage paradise. Antique heaven! I wouldn't mind spending a whole afternoon strolling around the venue...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I'm an avid fan of classic pieces, retro treasures and great deals! That place is a gem!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This place looks so cool!
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks like an amazing place! I could definitely see myself spending entire afternoons in there, checking out all the vintage goodies. I'm sad I don't live anywhere near Chicago so I can't come and see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that is one adorable shop. i love the interior. it's so vintage <3 and your outfits are so cute!

    xx Janelle
    Styles & Prints

    ReplyDelete
  10. i'm swooning over these images!! the colors+the textures+the fabrics!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whaaat??? Oh this looks like it was so much fun!!!
    Hope
    www.hhdesignsblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want to live there!! So many beautiful things I need in my life!

    Em xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness, this place looks AMAZING. I die. I just... need places like this in my life. I would be so tempted to try on and buy EVERYTHING.
    xo
    Kristina
    www.eccentricowl.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. How is my mouth watering after looking at those photos? It just...doesn't...make...sense..... Heh. Maybe it's that type writer......so good! When I'm in a vintage shop it's like being a kid in a candy store and there's just so much delicious caaaaandyyyyy. o_O I need to be in the vicinity of all that awesomeness! <3

    Thank you again for stopping by my blog. I'm such a huge fan! You have beautiful style!

    - Anna

    www.melodicthriftychic.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I totally feel you about spending all your money there! What an interesting place! Everything is so vintage, a paradise to vintage lovers indeed!

    sunandsany

    ReplyDelete
  16. So sweet the red coat, I love the leather suitcases and that multicolor suitcase.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful post! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You forgot us! Third photo from the top, and the one that is used for the preview!

    https://krrb.com/Yetti

    ReplyDelete
  19. Umm...that place looks Uh-mazing! And PS I love your style, and your pictures are so perfectly in sync...great blog!

    Gina
    Pink Wings

    ReplyDelete
  20. I absolutely love that red coat and flowered chair. I have been looking for something like that and am so excited to finally see it. I wish I could visit those stores, but sadly, I will most likely not be able to. I absolutely love your style and blog in general.

    -Scarlet

    scarletrising.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. What amazing finds! I'll have to stop by sometime!

    xo, Laura
    bright and beautiful

    ReplyDelete

Talk, talk, talk!

f16bf93391' type='text/javascript'/>