WHAT TO WEAR TO A...

Sep 18, 2014

Remember this "What to Wear to a..." post, where I shared my thought process on how to style vintage in a modern, non-intimidating way? Well, I got such a great response from you that I thought I'd keep the series going in that direction! I always get really excited/ proud of you when a reader tells me that they've finally bought their first vintage piece or are finally brave enough to dip their toe in the water. So to keep the inspiration running, here are four outfits created around star vintage pieces and my thought process while styling them. I hope this gives you some ideas on how to play in your own closet!




WHAT-TO-WEAR-TO-A-truffle-making-class


WHAT-TO-WEAR-TO-A-city-garden



WHAT-TO-WEAR-TO-A-wine-tasting



WHAT-TO-WEAR-TO-A-friends-dinner-party


SHOP THE LOOKS:

Outfit One:
  1. Poetry for Jane boho fall prairie dress (only $28!)
  2. H&M sleeveless turtleneck sweater
  3. Zara leather bootie with ankle strap
  4. Zara zipped bucket bag
  5. Morrea Seal woodland wide brim hat
Outfit Two:
  1. Whhttt Vintage velour and satin jumpsuit
  2. Zara long flowy studio parka
  3. Bottle Blonde Vintage 60s suede oxford pumps
  4. Topshop cable faux fur beanie
  5. Zara tricolor bag
 Outfit Three:
 Outfit Four:
  1. Hey Viv! Vintage floral dress
  2. H&M mohair blend sweater
  3. Mango peccary leather jacket in cognac
  4. H&M ankle boots



19 comments :

  1. Ooh, that dress from the "truffle making class" look- love it! I'll take some truffles too ;)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great outfits for really interesting scenarios. I've been thinking of doing a post about what to wear to a gynaecological examination and still look stylish. I still think you'd be much better at it though!

    Owl Girl | A London lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the mustard turtle neck! I can just picture it with some high waist black cigarette pants, very Audrey..
    Hope
    hchdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the city gardening outfit. It looks so comfy.

    ReplyDelete

  5. This is super helpful for a layering noob like me! I have too many floral dresses that I wear by itself and it gets boring fast.. I need to go shopping for some jackets and sweaters :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. That first outfit is everything! Lovely choices ;)

    http://silkfetish.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh. Outfit three is just... I cant even.. I mean putting a turtle neck under a sweatheart cocktail dress?! You are a genius and I am kicking myself for putting some beautiful dresses back on the rail and saying 'oh I'd never wear that, its too posh'.

    Cats in Crop Tops

    ReplyDelete
  8. the friends dinner party Im dying over. Also this is one of my favorite features you've done. I always love the outfits you come up with maybe its because living in Chicago too I can really imagine myself wearing it perfectly to the events you mention.
    Justine
    http://theredlipchronicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another great way to look into your thought process on style.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those Zara leather booties are KILLING me! I love them!!

    xo
    Kara
    www.thebostonista.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how quirky outfit three is, really like these kind of posts :)

    vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE. Per usual. The first outfit's my fave. I may have to go cut the sleeves off of a sweater now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah, that Wine Tasting set has me restless to try to recreate it...I love it!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh, I love these! Especially the hat in the first outfit, and the oxfords in the second. Seeing this, I feel inspired to play around with more layers this Fall. I love the dimension in all these looks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This post totally just reminded me how badly I need some new turtlenecks for this season! I have the perfect transitional vintage dresses that are strapless or sleeveless and are just begging to be paired with a turtleneck. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE this series because A) it proves how vintage is extremely relevant & versatile B) You're a styling genius!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would totally wear 1 and 3! I have always loved vintage clothing on other people... maybe now is the time to step into it myself. :)

    http://lamentinglizzie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loving #2 city garden :) Now I know what to thrift for! -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey's

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the truffle making class one.
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete

Talk, talk, talk!

f16bf93391' type='text/javascript'/>