SMOCK DRESS LOVE AFFAIRS

Aug 12, 2014

baseball-cap-outfit-chicgap-denim-paisley-dresssporty-chic-outfit 
I've been having a bit of a forbidden romance with this dress here. I almost never ever buy anything full price when roaming through the mall, but when I saw this hanging all nonchalant-like in Gap I nearly did a stutter step. I know, I know, it's just a chambray smock dress. It's nothing special. But something about it just got me, you know? It was almost like that feeling you get when you pass a cute guy on the sidewalk, and he gives you this half smile and your heart sort of melts the way warm butter does on a bagel. Sighs escape and cheeks prickle pink. That's exactly what this dress did to me. But it was around $60 and there was no way I was going to let myself splurge. Especially since- I lectured myself as I forced my legs to walk out of the store- I was planning on taking two huge trips starting this winter (more on that later!) What was more important, I asked myself. A denim smock dress that would look amazing with a baseball hat, or hostel money for when I'm tired and satisfyingly dusty from playing in a new country all day?

Welp, seeing how it's now on my body, I guess the answer was a smock dress.

Sometimes your willpower just isn't there. When you're in love, you're in love ;)

baseball-cap-and-denim-dressGap-shirt-dress


outfit-details copy
DRESS: Gap
SANDALS: Target
HAT: Men's H&M (recent!)
NECKLACE: Urban Outfitters
Backpack: c/o La Poule Noire

 photo Untitled-9_zps85ce6b37.jpg

20 comments :

  1. Love your cap as rucksack! The dress is so pretty in chambray xx

    Aforvogue.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're too funny! I rarely buy anything for full price at Gap, but sometimes, you just have love get in the way.

    Loving the dress, so I'd say it was totally worth it :)

    xo Jackie
    Something About That

    ReplyDelete
  3. That baseball cap is great on you! I love your lipstick too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your simile 'melts the way warm butter does on a bagel'. Also, I am the same with my willpower - Poof - Gone in an instant when I find really cute item that just makes me swoon. Though luckily for me I hardly find myself shopping outside of charity shops.

    Cats in Crop Tops

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! Love the story behind this dress! Smock dresses are just so easy to pull on and going - I'm sure you'll get plenty of wear out of this one.
    Side note, interested to know more about these trips!
    :-)
    Bits & Bobs

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely dress!

    www.bstylevoyage.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah this dress is perfect! I'm really into smock/shift dresses, and you picked such a great one. And hey, this dress will be perfect to wear traveling so really you can just count it as a travel expense ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. besides it being adorable, it looks perfect for hiding two giant pizza slices one might have had for lunch. ahem, not talking about myself at all ;)
    xo jac
    thesunshinedistrict.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This dress is lovely, and it looks great on you! :)

    http://thepreppysisters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bahaha, oh my word Marlen, no!
    But at the same time, yes <3
    The struggle is so real. I've been slowly setting aside money, but went through a bit to do a little shopping for my closet. And next week I'll be visiting a city that I know has a ton more stores that aren't in my dinky little town....sigh

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahaha, so true! Whenever I see something that is "me" and that is so "unique" I can't ignore it, I try so hard to ignore it, move on and then the next week all I can think about is that particular item, can't sleep, then I finally break and buy it! :D
    Love this dress though, it look amazing with the baseball cap, awesome styling!

    ReplyDelete
  12. No lie, I had the same reaction to this dress when I saw it in the window. I didn't stop to buy it though, although I really wish I would have!

    <3 dani
    http://blog.shopdisowned.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Smock dresses are the best, they're so comfortable! I can see why you had to have this one, it's lovely! xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh girl, I love me some smock dresses.

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, I feel ya! I don't think I've got a bit of willpower when shopping; the problem is a) wanting too much or b) having too little money. But good thing you splurged because you look great in this ensemble - it looks like you're ready for a city adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  16. this denim dress is super cute!
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi hi , i know What it is like , i clearly have the same pattern of shape of dress and its difficult to wear but when its on is we cant let it go !
    Hehe
    Xxx

    Love From Paris,
    Lorna

    Http://lornasharp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this dress on you and I'm just DYING to find out where you'll be traveling!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sometimes you see something and just know you need to own it. I feel you. This dress is adorable on you and I'm sure you'll figure out a billion ways to remix it.
    That's awesome that you're planning cool trips this winter. Will you be home around the holidays? If so we should meet up again!

    Jamie | PetitePanoply.com

    ReplyDelete

Talk, talk, talk!

f16bf93391' type='text/javascript'/>