SHARK GRAVY

Aug 21, 2014

shark-gravy-vintage-furniture-8



shark-gravy-vintage-furniture-6shark-gravy-vintage-furniture-11shark-gravy-vintage-furniture-4shark-gravy-vintage-furniture

Remember when I mentioned I was at Shark Gravy's big store-opening shindig? Well here it is- now pretend you were there with me! Daisies on the table, shark themed cocktails on the chalkboard, and mid-century goodness at every turn. People got cozy on couches and chatted away like they were in their own living rooms as others weaved in between displays, munching on brownie bits and cheddar peach muffins. Kayla, one of the co-owners, was busy in the exposed kitchen whipping up party platters while talking over her shoulder, almost like we were at a get-together at her own apartment and she was getting the dining room table ready for us. 

Meanwhile, sipping on a concoction with bourbon and lemon juice and eyeing a woven chair with just a touch possessiveness, I found myself unsure over what I wanted to look at more: the gorgeous refurbished dining sets or everyone's vintage getups. Feeling overwhelmed by all the goodness, I took a deep breath, then a sip of my delightful cocktail, and made sure to do a lot of both. 

Congrats Erick and Kayla on the new space! And my Chicago kids, if you ever want to swing by Shark Gravy and check it out yourself, you can find it at 3726 W. Montrose Ave!

shark-gravy-vintage-furniture-12shark-gravy-vintage-furniture-3shark-gravy-vintage-furniture-2shark-gravy-vintage-furniture-13

16 comments :

  1. I'm always amazed by your photographs. Is it just the editing that makes them this way, or is it our lens? I have a really good lens, but my pictures don't come out nearly as well as yours do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like a lovely home party! the drinks look yummy!
    www.lettersimpromptu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is too beautiful. Mid-century modern/Scandinavian furniture is my dream. I'm obsessive about it. Thank you so much for fueling my addiction with these photos! It sounds like a fantastic evening, and I'm into anything that combines cocktails and vintage furniture. I'm in to anything that involves cocktails, really...

    The What's In Between

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I'm totally geeking out over how their space is styled! Love this... looks like it was a lot of fun! Thanks for sharing!
    Hope
    hchdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! This looks like so much fun! Bourbon..... yes please! Mid Century style heaven!!
    xoxo
    Taylor
    http://www.nothingbutapigeon.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this looks like such an amazing place! Wish I could have been there too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like such a fun party!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that place is so elegantly styled! Super hip and trendy, but so classic too! I'd love to visit a place like that!

    Owl Girl | A London lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, this place looks like a dream! must go to chicago!
    xo jac
    thesunshinedistrict.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks like it was so much fun. I'd love to get my hands on that blue fan. All of the appetizers and drinks look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH MY WORD I LOVE EVERYTHING IN THIS STORE.

    love,
    a

    www.missdecaf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the photos, it makes me hungry and thirsty for it <3

    Visit my blog: www.sarahrizaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh that sounds like it was so much fun! Your photos are amazing and it did feel like I was right there in the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Seems like a really cool gathering! I love perusing vintage furniture stores like that.
    Justine
    http://theredlipchronicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Talk, talk, talk!

f16bf93391' type='text/javascript'/>