HIGH NECK COLLARS

Jul 18, 2014

mousevox-vintage
wide-leg-pants-outfitmousevox-vintage-floral-blouse

Yesterday I was unreasonably happy. Just completely and totally unjustifiably. It was a little excessive, really.

I had no business being happy, but there I was, ignoring all the facts and unable to swallow the smile down. The coffee I brewed tasted like swamp water, my hair was trying to poof out into a Golden Girls type of shape while I wasn't looking, I missed my train back home by a hair, and I still had an obscenely long to-do list waiting for me in my planner. But...I just couldn't be bothered by it. 

The sun was coming down in gold, slow moving boats were making summer sounds in the river that snaked between skyscrapers, I had my favorite shoes on, a Fitzgerald book in my backpack, and Dunkin Donuts was giving coffee away for a dollar. 

In my book, everything was going right. Or at least trying its hardest to. And I, for one, always appreciate the effort.

high-waist-pants-look

Also, how perfect is this wide leg + high neck + white sunnies combo? At first I was a little hesitant to put it together because I don't like when colors are so matchy matchy, but as I smoothed down my pants and glanced in the mirror it took my all not to do a happy little wiggle right then and there. Instead I nonchalantly brushed a piece of lint off my shoulder and nodded my head at my reflection. This will do, I told us. Then I did the happy little wiggle.

This gorgeous vintage top is from Mousevox Vintage, and when I saw the collar I knew I had to nab it. It reminded me of something Lauren Bacall would have hanging in her closet, and, let me tell you, if it's good enough for Ms. Bacall it's good enough for me. Mousevox Vintage is all 60's summers and vintage California girl, which makes sense seeing how it's based in Oakland. Rachel, the owner, nabs items with simple lines and clean shapes, and usually gravitates towards floral dresses, shifts, white sandals, and delicate blouses. If you have a simple and elegant style, then I would definitely go check out Mousevox Vintage here!

And here are some of my favorite items that they have right now, to give you an idea what they have:

selections

ONE| TWO| THREE


outfit-details copy
PANTS: H&M (similar: here)
SHIRT: Mousevox Vintage
SUNNIES: Seattle boutique

 photo Untitled-9_zps85ce6b37.jpg

43 comments :

  1. There are no better days than that + your evening sounds splendid. The golden light, coffee, a great book... what more does a girl need. And yes, to this super awesome combo, totally stunning on you!! Happiest Friday, girl! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl you look sooo good!
    That top is everything
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving the vintage feel of this look! I adore flowery prints, and while I could never pull off the high-neck + round sunnies combo, you pull it off perfectly! This outfit seriously looks like it was made for you, love it!
    xx
    Meg

    http://musicallyfashionable.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This outfit is so chic and so ladylike (: I'm loving the interesting collar on the blouse, and I love how your sunglasses tie the whole look together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a gorgeous top- truly a work of art! your sunglasses are the cutest!
    www.lettersimpromptu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful look, definitely worthy of a happy wiggle or two! That necklace is gorgeous and white sunglasses are the perfect finishing touch.

    prosecco in the park

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those sunglasses, though. Perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  8. and if it's good enough for you and lauren bacall, it's good enough for me too! I love the print of this top, it's gorgeous. the glasses paired with it totally give it an awesome retro feel!

    I love those days when you are happy for no reason at all. I always journal furiously on those days because I absolutely read back over them when I'm having a not-so-good day. happy Friday and hope you have a wonderful weekend, Marlen!

    ♥ perfectly Priya

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks AMAZING on you! Thank you for saying such nice things about my shop. Hope your happiness sticks around for awhile. Being happy for really no reason at all is the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know that feeling of can't explain happiness. I hope I feel that soon again! You look stunning. Larger floral prints suit you well.
    jessC

    www.ineedanothercloset.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  11. Unreasonably happy days are the best days--glad nothing could get you down! Although dollar Dunkin' coffee could lift me out of any funk :) xx

    The What's In Between

    ReplyDelete
  12. That collar is so unique, and it makes the shape of that top look beautiful on you! Kudos to you for being able to brush off all those crazy things that happened to you all at once. It takes a very strong and positive person to be able to do that.

    -Helen Grace

    www.sweethelengrace.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh the print on that top is larrvly. And I do love days when I wake up happy for no reason in particular, sets me up for the rest of the week!

    Cats in Crop Tops

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome outfit, Marlen! Love your sunnies! And ok, your top and pants too, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, yes, all the yesses to this look. My new favorite!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is fab! I LOVE the wide-legged pants with that shirt, and the neckline of the shirt! And the print, and your hair, and the sunglasses. The whole thing is awesome!
    xo
    Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love random happy days! Good for you! Love these flared trousers!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love when you're happy. You deserve to feel that happy all the time! xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Omg, cutest ensemble. Your lips look fabulous and those sunnies are amazing! xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. You look adorable, beautiful colors

    http://abdelkhalekleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. And you are exactly the type of person I strive to be like! That is why :)
    Perhaps we have no business being happy, but dammit, sometimes you just gotta look at the tiny, insignificant things and let them fill you with joy. Otherwise, this life may get unbearable at times!
    Anyway, just looking at this bright and cheery top makes me happy. So fitting! Haha

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the style of your pants - they look great on you

    ReplyDelete
  23. You have such an amazing style! Love everything you do!
    Maggie from
    http://secretpassageinthebilberrypay.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Unexpected days when you are happy are the best! Love your outfit xo

    ReplyDelete
  25. You look gorgeous in this outfit! Love your top and pants <3

    Join my Giveaway here!
    Visit my blog: www.sarahrizaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

  26. You look gorgeous girl :) wonderful post..stay in touch...hugs
    www.beautyandfashionfreaks.com
    www.fineartandyou.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Those are some seriously amazing sunglasses, very jealous xxx

    thevelvetwonder.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sounds like a beautiful, blissful day! Love the tropical, retro feel of this look- that print is gorgeous and the sunglasses top it off perfectly :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Adore the high neck detail on your top, absolutely beautiful! Also, being happy for no reason, maybe even when other things suggest you shouldn't be as happy, means you are a wonderful person. ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  30. i absolutely love this outfit! perfect from head to toe

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. there's a cute Dahlia trench coat giveaway on my blog at the moment, click here!

    ReplyDelete
  31. super:) xx
    Bianka
    http://ruhamania.blogspot.hu/

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love the positivity of this post!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh perfect ! Best outfit on you Ever.
    Totally fitting your shape.
    Love From Paris,
    During our hot summer!
    Xxx
    Lorna

    Http://lornasharp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love mismatched happiness. Can't explain it... but you did a great job. LOVE these shades on you.

    ReplyDelete
  35. So so incredibly cute! I think this outfit looks awesome on you. The white sunglasses are wonderful and I'm really enjoying high neck collars lately too. And hooray for being overly happy! I could go for a day like that soon!

    Jamie | PetitePanoply.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Coffee for a dollar is totally a reason to be happy ;) Also those sunglasses are superb.
    Justine
    http://theredlipchronicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. This outfit makes me swoon! No wonder you were so happy bouncing around in a look like this.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Eep, you are lovely! The colors of the top are great on you, and your waist looks teensy. Most importantly, your cheery, red-lipped smile is contagious. A winning outfit :)

    ~Isabella
    adventuresinhel.blogspot.fi 

    ReplyDelete
  39. Glad you're enjoying all sorts of wonderful little things even in the face of a lot of little annoying things (I don't get Golden Girls hair, but I get some Farrah Fawcett flip action from time to time. Oof). I also adore that top on you- such a pretty neckline!

    XOXO
    Becca | Ladyface Blog

    ReplyDelete

Talk, talk, talk!

f16bf93391' type='text/javascript'/>