WATERCOLOR SKIRTS

Jun 24, 2014

honeymoon-muse-vintagehoneymoon-muse-maxi-skirthoneymoon-muse-etsy-skirthoneymoon-muse

Sometimes I want my life to be cooler than it is. Sometimes I want a few side by side scenes that would make me feel like I'm in a movie short. Not all the time, but sometimes.

Like I want to slowly sip an espresso and read a newspaper at a quiet bakery as fog lingers in the street, and I rustle my paper because I can't be bothered with the film noir mood of that morning Or I want to actually sing in the rain- tap shoes and lamp posts and all. Not just run towards the nearest awning and curse the squishy nature my socks are taking, but actually sing in it. Or I want to go stand barefoot in a meadow, with the wind running its fingers through my hair just as some handsome boy walks out into the clearing. And I look back at him and smile as I close my eyes and tip my face up at the sky (am I Pocahontas in this one? I think I'm Pocahontas in this one.) Or I want to stand in a jazz bar with red lips kissing the rim of a martini glass, and a man asks me if I need a light over the loud, smoky music. We meet eyes and a story starts. 

But alas, it's just me in my sweatpants at the kitchen table. Tuesday has a real reputation of bringing the party down, doesn't it?

honeymoon-muse-vintage-etsycrochet-and-maxi-skirt

Well, if I can't have that at least I can have the pleasure of styling pretty skirts like this one. I'm head over heels over this Honeymoon Muse Vintage maxi- especially since it reminds me of a watercolor painting. You should see me when I slip this number on- I always get a little mesmerized in the mirror with these soft, free-falling colors. When styling it, I wanted to go for a very feminine, very casual look. Something that would elicit the image of a girl padding around barefoot on her wooden floors, her hair loose and free, enjoying the day as sunlight comes through in dusty rays. 

Very specific, yea. 

And I think choosing a crochet top and a few prism, dangly necklaces was just the ticket for that. Honeymoon Muse reminds me of Urban Outfitters just all vintage, and their tagline is, fondly, Cher Horowitz approved. I mean, yes please. And right now they're having a 50% off sale, so if you feel like window shopping, now's a good time! Below I shared a few pieces that I have my eye on, to give you an idea what they have: 

selections copy

ONE| TWO| THREE


outfit-details copy

SKIRT: c/o Honeymoon Muse (similar: here, here)
SHIRT: (actually a dress) c/o Rebel Closet (similar: here, here, here)
SHOES: Urban Outfitters
NECKLACE: Urban Outfitters and Cocorrina
 photo Untitled-9_zps85ce6b37.jpg

41 comments :

  1. Love this skirt! Such a beautiful pattern! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hanging out in sweat pants (or leggings in my case) is my life!! Martin & I are pretty laid back and low key most nights, so I hear ya! ;) And this skirt is absolutely the prettiest... immediately caught my eye in my bloglovin feed!! You look gorgeous, love the look head-to-toe!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post, loved reading this! You look lovely in this outfit, the skirt is so nice!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. This skirt is gorgeous (: I love the colors/print, and I love the dress underneath it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is definitely an outfit I could imagine you do any of those romantic sounding things- even if it is just a Tuesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the simplicity of this outfit. You need to attend a music festival in this skirt, it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like this outfit. That skirt is screaming to be attending a music festival! b

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, that skirt is just beautiful! It reminds me of the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marlen, your blog and style are just beautiful! I love how individualistic you are with your choices and picks. I will definitely be checking back in for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! Love this look so much. It is just so feminine and carefree. That is quite the skirt! So beautiful. Also, I love your little scenarios you mentioned. I can really picture each one of them and I want them for myself too... And yep, its a sweatpants Tuesday for me too!

    xoxo Jess
    Foreign Room

    ReplyDelete
  11. That skirt is so beautiful! You look gorgeous Marlen!
    Nic
    www.salvageandstoneblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a fab skirt! Thank you for the lovely comment on my blog hun, the eye dress isn't too fitted, it's fitted at the top and then is an A-line shape so knock yourself out and bag it for $15! Which festival are you going to in August? I'm jealous, having festival blues already!

    alex from allurescent

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a pretty outfit, i'm pretty sure you achieved the mood you were going for! and the singing in the rain scene is something that i find myself wanting to do quite often:-) but even though our lives aren't like movies, at least there is lovely skirts, like you said.. that must be almost as good. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree ^ This outfit totally popped off the page in my Bloglovin feed, as well! You just look very at home in your outfit and in your skin in these photos!
    : signe : : the daily savant :
    I also have a STYLE CHALLENGE going on now! I hope you’ll enter!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is the most beautiful skirt, totally water color like. Something about weekdays does bring a downer to things. Also not sure if you saw my answer but I totally am Polish, like really Polish (speak it, visited Poland, 100%) Im guessing since you asked you are also?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ahh I think this is the first outfit I've seen of you not in layers! haha Love it. That maxi skirt is beautiful!! The colors are so vibrant and pretty!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your jewelry! xx

    www.blancheneve.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Holly Molly!! Yesterday I wore a similar look but with culottes instead (I need load pics). I completely love the strong contrast of this look. You look incredible beautiful.
    Xo
    Carelia
    Mysmallwardrobe.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your skirt is such a neat vintage piece! I am definitely checking out this store!
    Also, your writing is so beautiful (much like yourself ;) )! Haha I love the "am I Pocahontas in this one?" You're actually perfect xx

    <(') Hoda | JooJoo Azad ~ Free Bird

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks so much for your sweet words, they made my day!
    How absolutely pretty is that skirt? The colours are so dreamy and perfect!

    Have a great day,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sweat pants are also my life. Because we share the best bits on our blogs, people seem to think you do more than you actually do ;) love that skirt x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Super cute look! Love it!

    http://www.ladynoree.tk/

    ReplyDelete
  23. You would be a great movie star if you ask me, and I believe we all get the feeling sometimes, I mean, who wouldn't want to live in those beautiful scenes? It can be tricky in many cases though...
    Anyway, you look really beautiful here, I love the pattern, it's so calming :)

    Have a great one xx
    http://le-young.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ah man, right? Just an event every now and then, no matter how short, you know maybe just long enough to write on the blog about, would be nice. We can keep dreamin'. Your watercolor skirt is so dreamy. Very watery. :D

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello lovely just came across your blog and it's awesome!

    I'm your newest follower and look forward to your next post! :)

    Please check out my blog if you can:

    http://electricsunrise.blogspot.co.uk/

    xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a pretty skirt, I love it! The colour is just gorgeous on you :)

    Meg xo
    Meg Says | UK Health & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  27. Those all sound like perfectly romantic movie scenarios- a girl can dream, right? :) But that skirt looks like a wonderful step outside the usual (though nothing wrong with sweatpants)- it's so fun and colourful :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. You are dressed simply but faultlessly, you look really wonderful in that pretty maxi skirt:) You always know where to find such original and chic stuff!
    Wish you a blessed day ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the runny colors on that skirt! Perfect for a summer day.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I feel you, girl. WHY can't I be a character in a melancholy novel? Why?!?!??! Anyway, that skirt is an artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a fun skirt! I'm always pretending I'm in a movie when I'm walking around LA by myself lol. I totally know how you feel. You've definitely dreamed up some lovely scenarios :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. You think you have it bad, what about staying in your pajama till the afternoon! My life is fabulous!
    Sometimes I wish I could be that person in Facebook who travels and takes like a gazillion photos from different places, but instead I call a walk to the grocery store- going out! :D
    Love the skirt with the crochet top, man that top is sexy!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I LOVE your writing! It really made me laugh on this dull Thursday morning. Love your photos too, so pretty x

    www.totalmodisch.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh I love the necklaces! And true, it does look like watercolour painting.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  35. One song to fulfil the daydream;-) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4as30GSYIxo Lovely look!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I do often wish my life had more interesting moments like that! But I find I am most comfortable at home with my cats and my vegetable garden, and I guess I am okay with that! Haha. I love this skirt! Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love the skirt! My trick to not wearing sweatpants is not owning them... so I end up wearing short PJ shorts and piling on fluffy socks as needed. =]

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh, Marlen, you look so lovely. And yes, you perfectly described how I try to live every day... but I'm sitting here at work in a t-shirt with an empty coffee cup beside me. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I live for moments where I stop and I'm like, "this could be in a movie!" I went to a disco in Memphis this weekend...that was one of those! kinda makes like dreamy and romantic, doesn't it?

    such a pretty skirt and I love it paired with the tank! suuuuperrrr Summery. good work!

    ♥ perfectly Priya

    ReplyDelete

Talk, talk, talk!

f16bf93391' type='text/javascript'/>