INSIDE/OUT: ISSUE NO. FOUR

Jun 27, 2014

insideout_fear

Hi friends! Every month Kate from Clear the Way and Danielle from Lucky Number Seven team up to bring you the Inside/Out series. This is a collaborative series wherein each month bloggers are invited to share how they have practiced a certain virtue in their lives, both inside and out. We first share how we have used the month’s trait in our own personal spaces: our minds, hearts, and spirits. Then we share how we have used it on the outside with others in our lives. This month we’re writing about fear and we invite you to join us.

inside copy

I'll share a little something with you. As much as I talk about not hiding behind second-guesses, not letting yourself come up with reasons to not try for something, I'm not all that confident as I sound. I'm pretty much scared, like, around the clock. Just all the time. I wake up and I'm already worrying my lip as I stare at the ceiling, thinking if today will help me get one step closer to my dream, or one step further. But I don't think it's weak to admit it, and I most certainly don't think it's weak to feel it. On the contrary.

I think fear is a wonderfully frightening, terribly motivating type of a thing. And it's absolutely god-sent because it puts fire into you. It puts what you want into the highest tower of a castle and dares you to go get it. Asks, with its arms smugly crossed, if you have what it takes to risk it all in order to gain it all. And as you scowl down at it, it asks you again, do you have the courage? Fear doesn't stamp out courage; it breathes it into you, makes it wild inside you. So be scared. Let yourself feel those little zings in your gut. And go use it to get what you want. 

out copy

While I'm feeling the little bursts of fear on the inside, I try not to let them show on the outside. I completely believe in the fake it till you make it mantra, and I try to give everyone the illusion that I've got this. That I'm not actually losing my shit inside every five minutes, that I actually have a plan. And somewhere along the way, I will have one. Because somewhere down the road, my faking will turn into reality. I just have to stick with it till that turn comes. 

That's okay, though. I've got patience.

your copy

  1. Write your Inside/Out blog post about Fear, using the imagery provided if you like. 
  2. Choose “click here to enter” and follow the instructions. Your post will show at the bottom of every post that uses the code, so you only need to enter once. 
  3. If you’d like, use the hashtag “insideoutfear” on social media to promote your post. *Note: The above image should only be used for Inside/Out posts and proper credit for Lucky Number Seven and Clear the Way should be given.

Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list...



3 comments :

  1. sometimes when I am scared or nervous about something, I always mask myself with a fake confidence until they goes away. really works!

    Katrina Sophia Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you joined in! I think "fake it 'til you make it" is really important to, and effective sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for a Very inspiring Blogger award, you don't have to do it, but I wanted to let you know how awesome you are! :) http://bookwormsindresses.blogspot.com/2014/06/inspiring-blogger.html

    ReplyDelete

Talk, talk, talk!

f16bf93391' type='text/javascript'/>