Salvage & Stone

May 18, 2014

salvage-stone-headbanddenim-on-denim-outfitsalvage-stone-headwrap

Today's outfit is brought to you by the ever-amazing Nic from Salvage & Stone. I was really excited when she contacted me because her store fits hand in hand with what my blog is about: taking the at-first-glance kind of ugly, and making it beautiful. Thrifting is my jam and I tend to snap up a lot of pieces that, at first, seem questionable. Very questionable. Like, my mom pinching the bridge of her nose, questionable. But I find ways to either alter them or style them so that they look fresh and young and like I dropped more than $2 for them (muahaha). Salvage & Stone does the same thing, but with accessories. Nic explains:

"My line is based on the re-use of discarded materials. Everything is created from recycled items, from the headbands which are made from salvaged fabrics, and even down to our hang tags, which are made from canvas scraps leftover from my paintings. I see it as a way of creating something new and beautiful that someone is truly going to love, while at the same time reducing waste and doing my small part to help keep our planet healthy."

We live in a time where items are easily disposable, so it's refreshing to find business owners that make it their purpose to be more conscientious, and end up creating something beautiful along the way. 

My headband is a white and floral number, and when I first got it I knew I wanted to kind of look like the WWII gals from Land Girls. Something about the fabric just made me instantly think of their chambray shirts and khaki overalls. So I went for the next best thing and made an all-denim ensemble, letting the headband do all the talking.

And now I want to wear this outfit all day, every day.

salvage-stone-etsy
denim-on-denim-spring-outfit

And here are some of my favorite jewelry and headband picks from Salvage & Stone. If you like headwraps, you might as well get it from a planet-friendly boutique rather than a huge, mainstream store :) 


outfit-details copy
HEADWRAP: Salvage & Stone (same one: here)
PANTS: America Apparel
CHAMBRAY: thrifted
BELT: thrifted, Calvin Klein

Coffee
ravishing
hey-viv
Dividers

______________________________________
Follow Messages on a Napkin on:

BLOGLOVIN • FACEBOOK • PINTEREST • TWITTER •  MY SHOP!
______________________________________

21 comments :

  1. Aaaw, this headwrap is lovely! How did you manage to make it look so pretty with your hair? I have almost the same hairdo as yours and I look like a chicken with a headband, darn it!
    The denim ensemble is great, I love the pale blue and deep blue mix!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are dressed simply but faultlessly, the whole outfit looks so chic! Lovely snapshots as well!
    Have a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely look!
    Nice post!
    Have a fab week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great in that headband and I smiled when you were writing what your blog was all about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of making questionable clothing items look great! I have to admit I have a hard time seeing the potential in a lot of items I find thrifting, but your blog has so much inspiration! The headband is great, I will definitely have to check out that shop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even though i dont like mixing différent pièces of jeans together I think you do really Well and this headband is the finishing thing of your outfit, bravo!
    Xxx
    Lorna

    HTTP://lornasharp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the double denim look!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the headband. These jeans are so cute on you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that you so easily pull of jean on jean outfits. Also that headband is adorable, I love wrap headbands in that style, a bit of a vintage touch. Plus I feel like those headbands work well with bangs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very fond of what that shop is all for! It's creative and effective! :)
    You look great in all denim, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The shop sounds cool and you are especially cool for making denim-on-denim look so good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how you turn old, dowdy pieces into something that's so fresh and apealing! The headband is way cute, and I am loving your denim on denim look :)

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this denim on denim action and the headband perfectly completes the look. I haven't seen Land Girls but I presume it's something like the show Bomb Girls and you could totally be in that show in this look :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous outfit. You look so beautiful gal...
    Have a great day XOXO
    much love and keep n touch! :)))
    Thanks
    Richa
    www.yulookgorgeous.com
    www.instagram.com/ulukgorgeous
    www.facebook.com/ULGINDIA

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the way you describe your thrifting technique :) and you look very cute in that headband by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are rocking the denim on denim! And those pants fit you like a glove (:

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I love this so much! I normally am not a denim fan, but you make it look so stylish <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this! Love the idea of taking something old and making it look awesome. Your headband looks great too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a killer outfit, Marlen! You're rocking the double denim and the headband is adorable :) Sounds like a great shop! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Talk, talk, talk!

f16bf93391' type='text/javascript'/>