Florals & Fringe & Poindexter

May 21, 2014

how-to-style-denim-vestvintage-outfitsummer-vintage-romper

Reason #37 why I love Christopher Poindexter: because he writes like this.

"I remain awake in the quiet hours of the night when the moon is bold and beautiful, for only one reason, one reason only: this life is hiding something from me. 
Dammit, I know it is.
And the beautiful thing is I know it wants me to find it.
All the things I do are an attempt to discover it.
The whiskey. The literature. Stargazing. Romance. Music.
It drives me mad but it flames my passion just as well.
So, here I am, universe.
Reveal yourself to me you beautiful mother fucker."


how-to-style-romper

outfit-details copy
VEST: c/o Mousevox Vintage (similar: here, here)
ROMPER: thrifted (similar: here, here, here)
PURSE: H&M
HAT: Urban Outfitters
NECKLACE: Urban Outfitters

Coffee
graced-vestige
jessamity
Dividers

______________________________________
Follow Messages on a Napkin on:

BLOGLOVIN • FACEBOOK • PINTEREST • TWITTER •  MY SHOP!
______________________________________

19 comments :

  1. You are the queen of layers, but I love your summer style because of how you manage to incorporate layers that do not look hot. This is a lovely boho look to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing look I love love love it!!! <3

    http://www.life-fashion-freedom.blogspot.com/2014/05/hint-of-color.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like the perfect outfit for a picnic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this outfit! I would definitely wear it, as you styled it. everything is on point. love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that straw hat! I've been kind of obsessed with straw hats lately with summer coming. I bought one at a thrift store recently but I feel like I need more in different styles, ya know cause its totally necessary! I'm always so iffy about rompers but you pull it off effortlessly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, you are just a ball of cuteness! I absolutely love when you go for more boho looks. The vest looks great paired with the floral dress and that bag is so puuuuuurty with the fringe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're so literary lately, I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look so adorably 90s!! That's my favorite kind of 90s dress, hands down, and with that vest and hat, the outfit is priceless.

    adventuresinhel.blogspot.fi 

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a killer quote! Makes me wish I weren't such a morning person. I'm in bed before all the magic happens ;) And love the outfit here- amazing mix of denim and florals. Pretty lipstick too! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha, I can definitely relate to those words. Loving your straw hat and fringy purse :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm really digging that fringe bag. You look like you're ready for a fun day a the park or maybe a lawn concert :)

    ♥ Gita @ mimiandchichi.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is so 90s - I love it!

    xo. maggie
    Moda & the Mar

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love denim vests. I don't remember quite when I became a fan, but I am. You look adorable in yours & the hat is perfection.
    xx Abby a geek tragedy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha, love that writing! And wonderful outfit! You would totally fit in on a festival :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am in loooove with this outfit! I have always wanted to try out a romper, but I have yet to find one while thrifting. The vest and hat really add to the look as well (:

    ReplyDelete
  16. This floral dress is so pretty and feminine, it also looks wonderful with denim vest. Great styling! Lovely snapshots as well)
    Have a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That passage is pretty darn fantastic, I agree. Honourable mention to your denim vest and fantastic fringed bag!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look great! This look made me have a flashback to looking at fashion magazines from the 90s.
    Beautiful mother fucker, indeed. :)
    There is a Carl Sagan quote... I think this is how it went: "If you want to bake an apple pie from scratch, first you must invent the universe."

    ReplyDelete

Talk, talk, talk!

f16bf93391' type='text/javascript'/>