Dresses or Art?

May 19, 2014

shop-vintage-minnie-etsyhow-to-style-etsy-dresses

So I think if I would ever be reincarnated as a dress, this would be the dress that I'd come back as. Oh. My. God. There are some pieces in your closet that, when you slip them on, you feel like absolutely everything will be turning up roses that day. How could a thing possibly go wrong when you feel so fabulous, inside and out? I can't even tell you how much I love this sheer little frock. The print looks like art I can slip my arms into, and the way the sheer sleeves billow in the breeze as I walk around the city blocks makes me a whole other level of happy. I feel feminine and interesting and playful all at once with this on.

This beaut is from Shop Vintage Minnie, and I actually showcased it in a wishlist post on the blog not too long ago. But when I noticed no one snapped it up, I decided to stop testing my luck and got it for myself (muahaha). Shop Vintage Minnie is a Texas based Etsy store that loves the feminine silhouette of the 50s, the mod madness of the 60s, the disco goddess of the 70s, the funky fashion of the 80s, and the grunge glam of the 90s. Basically, they love and stock every decade of vintage! And- bonus- right now they're having a 20% sale off of everything! If you're interested, pop over and say hi here!

shop-vintage-minnie-dressshop-vintage-minnie-70s-dress

And here are some of my favorite items from Shop Vintage Minnie, to give you an idea of the goodness!

SVM


outfit-details copy
DRESS: c/o Shop Vintage Minnie (similar: here here and here)
BOOTS: Urban Outfitters (recent!)
BELT: Calvin Klein, thrifted
LIPSTICK: Wet n' Wild ($1!)

Coffee
sold-for-ransom
Tanaka
Dividers

______________________________________
Follow Messages on a Napkin on:

BLOGLOVIN • FACEBOOK • PINTEREST • TWITTER •  MY SHOP!
______________________________________

39 comments :

  1. What a great deal on the lipstick! $1!!! I love all your colors.

    http://lamentinglizzie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. super:)) x
    Bianka
    http://ruhamania.blogspot.hu/

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely dress!

    www.bstylevoyage.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This dress looks so great on you! Love how colorful it is and the flower pattern looking like brush strokes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so very YOU! Of course no one jumped on this dress - it wanted you! :) Gorgeous! And what a great lipstick for it too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, that dress is a serious show stopper - I'm so glad you scooped that up for yourself, you look so stunning in it!

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
  7. YES. That dress is amazing, and I love Shop Vintage Minnie! Such a great shop. But that dress! It looks perfect on you, and I agree; it's like art you can wear! So, so pretty.
    xo
    Kristina
    www.eccentricowl.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow I adore the colours and print on this dress! It's soo beautiful! Great find! Love your lipstick too <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. This dress is STUNNING, definitely a work of art and the flared sheer sleeves make it even better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a cool interesting print! i love the red lips on you too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh gosh, this dress is just breathtaking! You look fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, wow. That dress absolutely looks like a museum piece.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That dress is extraordinary - I can't wait to check out her shop! I have one right now in my shop that I'm considering keeping for myself - it's a photoreal print 70s floral dress and I just feel like I'm magic when I wear it.

    <3 dani
    www.shopdisowned.com
    http://blog.shopdisowned.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW!! This dress is so fabulous and unique and MARLEN! :) What an utterly fun piece of clothing. You look ideal.

    adventuresinhel.blogspot.fi

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOOOOOVE the bold colors! Anything sheer gets an A+ in my books!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is too adorable on you- and looks great for keeping your style during the hotter months.

    ReplyDelete
  17. WHAT! This dress is absolutely awesome. And the belt is the perfect touch to give it a lil shape. I have yet to find an artwork dress like this, but now I've got somethin' to search for. AAAAART DRESS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. the dress print is definitely a work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That totally reminds me of a Jackson Pollock if his paint splatter looked like flowers ;) so great! I totally love dresses that make you feel like that feminine and fun and like you can take over the world.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This dress is so pretty, and your style is so cool, hip, and trendy! ;)

    God bless,
    XO, Claire
    http://www.littlemissfashionqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous print on that dress! It certainly seems to suit you perfectly, it's always wonderful when you can find something that you feel absolutely stunning in! The colours and bold print are just right for spring and summer :)

    xx Debbie

    www.whatdoffydoes.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I see it. I do.

    I totally see you in that dress! You are so right.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This dress truly is a little piece of art and I can see why you love it so much!

    Have a great day,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nice post :)

    www.deboragemin.it

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your style is so amazing. I love watching your photos. This dress is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh Lordy, this dress is like nothing I have ever seen!!!! It's fabulous! The sheer sleeves are sexy and the print is fantastic! Love it O_O

    ReplyDelete
  27. That is such a beautiful printed dress! It looks great on you, what a nice print. Glad you bought it after wanting it for a while :)

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
  28. Stunning dress! I love the red lip with it. Amazing! xx Rena Kiss and Make Up

    ReplyDelete
  29. That dress is so gorgeous on you Marlen! It always feels good to finally get that item you've had your eye on.
    Nic
    www.salvageandstoneblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Marlen! That dress is absolutely stunning! Such a beautiful print and you wear it so well. I can see how it would make you feel like the bees knees everytime you wear it :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Holy crap, that dress is amazing! The sleeves...the print...just everything.

    Chrissi
    fieryfinishvintage.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow, that's one awesome dress! Indeed looks great with the red lips! But red lips look great with everything I guess ;-)

    xo Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  33. The dress is amazing! WOW! I love the print, the sleeves, and the length. You look stunning. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  34. You look sooooooooo pretty in this amazing dress!!!! :)
    Very in love with that!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Now that I can see the dress in its full glory I reiterate- its a GEM!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wow, this dress is absolutely dreamy! What a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I'm so late seeing this post but I had to comment because this dress is awesome! What a cool piece! I love all the wonderful colors in it. Plus it looks amazing on you.

    ReplyDelete

Talk, talk, talk!

f16bf93391' type='text/javascript'/>