Suede Pinafores

Apr 9, 2014

how-to-style-mustardomnia-vintage-dresshow-to-style-pinafore

DRESS: c/o Omnia Vintage (similar: herehere, here)
SWEATER: H&M (similar: here (only $18!) and here)
CHAMBRAY: thrifted (similar: here)
BOOTS: Urban Outfitters (recent!) (similar: here and here)

Anyone else feel like time is going by waaaay too fast? There aren't enough hours in the day to cram all my activities into it, and then I peek at the calendar and it's already the 9th and I haven't finished half of what I wanted. I don't know where these hours are running off to, but they should kick back and stay awhile. 

I was really hoping to be finished with my whole manuscript by May 1st, but I've been obsessing over some scenes and it's taking much longer than I hoped. I'm definitely having some "tortured artist" moments where I just scowl out the window and contemplate scrapping the whole thing, but those are kind of fun too, haha. It's all part of the process, right? Someone please tell me right. I'm slowly chugging along, though. And a few of you asked if I could share a sneak peek of my book here on the blog, and I'll put up a snippet once I have the second draft finished. That'll hopefully motivate me to stop nit-picking ;)

And here's something beautiful I ran across for everyone else toying with pursuing their dreams, however big or small:

I firmly believe it's the reaching for  things we have no business reaching for, that makes the human experience so beautiful. The reach for the sky when we have no means to touch it. Still, we reach. -Tyler Knot Gregson

suede-pinaforehow-to-style-vintage-dress


Coffee
hey viv
fox
Dividers

______________________________________
Follow Messages on a Napkin on:

BLOGLOVIN • FACEBOOK • PINTEREST • TWITTER •  MY SHOP!
______________________________________

19 comments :

  1. I get so frustrated just trying to write a two page essay so I can't even imagine what writing an entire book must be like. Can't wait to read a piece of your story when you decide to share it. And your outfit... is stunning. Such a perfect mix of mustard, floral, and chambray. You are a genius when it comes to layering haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW amazing blog! I just followed you, would you please follow me back (:
    You can also participate in my giveaway!

    http://quitealooker.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I love the layers, but when haven't I love any layerings you put togehter? :D

    ❤ Gita @ mimiandchichi.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable vintage piece! It looks great with your denim collar, which I am always a fan of. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suede seems to be popping up EVERYWHERE I look lately! Recently found an amazing vintage green suede miniskirt, and I can't wait to share it with the world!

    <3 dani
    www.shopdisowned.com
    http://blog.shopdisowned.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think one of the main reasons I love pinafores (other than being extremely comfortable) is that I can put them over a shirt that might have stain on it.... :)
    Lisa | c/oMKE

    ReplyDelete
  7. Time really is flying by very fast indeed. It's depressing. Your fringe is flawless - do you cut it yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Editing is often half the battle, and can take a long time! We're usually our own worst critics, and it can be painful to look back and scrutinize words we've put down with love and care. Try to trust the struggle, it sounds like you're absolutely on the right track to having a piece of writing you're really proud of :)

    I can identify with feeling the days go by quickly - ironically as the days grow much longer here in Scandinavia, evening comes to me by surprise, and I often feel I haven't gotten as much done as I'd like. Got to try to celebrate the smaller joys and accomplishments, though! Thanks for yet another insightful quote - that rings very true to things I've been thinking about a lot lately.

    As to the clothes, I'm a fan of that floral with that pinafore! It reminds me of a photograph that's begun to fade to sepia.

    xoxo
    Isabella
    adventuresinhel.blogspot.fi 

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, good luck with getting things done!

    PS Creative layering. Always fun to see.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eeeep! I can't wait to read the snippet of your book! I've been followin' you along as you write it with your occassional FB posts about it, haha. You've got this, girl! I know those stuck feels. And you don't want to push it too far when you're making it but you also want to make sure it's as perfect as it can be. Ack!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahh I wish I had the patience to write a manuscript. Good luck getting it done! Waiting for the day you become a famous novelist! :]

    Adorable dress - I really like how the floral blouse looks against the mustard color of the dress! You look so cute!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  12. I cannot wait to see your draft! Aha, it's certainly a creative process artists go through, huh? Despite it all, keep chugging along!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  13. This warm caramel color is lovely with your hair and complexion! Keep pluggin' away on the book!! I'm already excited to read it. I can relate the feeling of not enough time in the day. I don't know how I end up so busy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't wait for the little snippet, books rock my world.
    As for the outfit, no one does layering like you, I love it!

    Gems x
    Fashion, Well Done

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing layering, as always! Love the mix of textures and that floral print is so pretty! Good luck finishing up your manuscript :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I used to write short novels, which got published in some artsy literature magazine, but I'm an absolutely impulsive writes, sometimes the word just come flowing out endlessly, then other times I'm completely clueless...I used to get totally messed up and desperate when I couldn't go on with my story, but I guess, it is part of the process...:) I'd love to read a saple of your work! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looking awesome, as always! I love this pinafore so much and the cool mix of texture in this outfit. It's nice and transitional spring-y with that floral sweater layered underneath.
    P.S. I completely feel you with the time going to quickly thing. I'm going to wake up and be old! It's a legitimate fear.

    ReplyDelete

Talk, talk, talk!

f16bf93391' type='text/javascript'/>