Getting Warmer

Apr 14, 2014

how-to-style-turtlenecksuede-maxi-skirtwhhttt-vintage-maxi-skirt

SKIRT: c/o Whhttt Vintage (similar: here and here and here
TOP: Topshop (similarish: here)
TURTLENECK: Banana Republic
SHOES: Urban Outfitters (recent!) (similar: here)
HAT: Urban Outfitters

Yea, I'm definitely starting to get excited about this spring weather that's been blowing kisses over Chicago lately. My dad even stored the shovels away down to the basement- which around these parts is a pretty big deal. But while we're cautiously putting the parkas away, it's not exactly bare shoulder weather yet. But what happens when you're antsy to wear your summer tops? Well, layer them ;) I took this Topshop floral top that I've been eyeing in my closet for the past month, and decided it was finally time to break it out. And to ensure I don't get pneumonia when that brisk Chicago wind does blow, I popped a turtleneck under it to still give me that "cozy, warm outfit" look. I think it turned out pretty well. And to get more ideas on how to layer, be sure to keep an eye out for my Layering 101 series!

how-to-layer-sleeveless-top
how-to-style-suede

Coffee
lucy-blue
barnaby
Dividers

______________________________________
Follow Messages on a Napkin on:

BLOGLOVIN • FACEBOOK • PINTEREST • TWITTER •  MY SHOP!
______________________________________

29 comments :

  1. It was 80 here on Friday!!! . . . but then it snowed yesterday. Hopefully, though, for the last time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look awesome :) This would be such a perfect outfit to wear to Outside Lands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely outfit!

    www.bstylevoyage.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Red lips are stunning on you! I love so much that shade of red!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know you must be so excited the weather is getting a little warmer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so so lovely <3 and I just fell in love with those shoes

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the pairing of different textures and the splash of print and color in this outfit! It's perfect for that transition period between winter and spring. Very nifty hat, too! :)

    Cheers,
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  8. We've been gettin glimpses of nice weather here and there as well (though its supposed to snow tomorrow..bummer). Love that daisy top!
    Miche from Buttons and Birdcages

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahah, I can imagine with what happiness and sparkle in his eyes, your dad put away the shovels :D
    Ah, you layering rascal! Gorgeous top, I love it with this gray turtleneck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect layering! Love how you can bring in spring pieces and still make them work for the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable! I love the sleek silhouette.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You keep surprising me with your original sense of style, this attire is really something special:) You look absolutely charming! Those photographs are wonderful!
    Wish you a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am such a fan of layering (I'm doing it right now in fact), especially during the transitional months!

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay for the emergence of Spring! It's nearly 70 degrees here in Toronto today (yes, I'm a Canadian who speaks in Fahrenheit; I grew up in a border city watching American news), which feels like a miracle after such a snowy winter. Loving the print on your top :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful look!
    Lovely shoots!
    Have agreat week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, that skirt is just gorgeous. And, my dear, that hat suits you so well it looks as if it were made for you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like the pop of color, and you look stunning in that hat!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Every time you wear it, I always think that is such a unique skirt- and versatile too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Another perfectly layered outfit - and with such fabulous shoes! I'm in LOVE!
    So glad to hear the weather is becoming more reasonable where you are as well!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  20. Super cute! I love the layered turtleneck. And yay for the warmer weather. Although I heard that Illinois weather is not very nice today.

    ♥ Gita @ mimiandchichi.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stop it! This outfit is adorable. I love the skirt.
    xx Abby | a geek tragedy

    ReplyDelete
  22. that skirt and shoes are to die for!
    i love this combination.

    maria
    xox

    City Laundry
    Twitter | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  23. Haha and you would know all about the layering part, wouldn't you? ;)
    I definitely understand the feeling of caution...bipolar weather makes you parnoid!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is so original, like really cool 70's x

    aforvogue.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love that patterned top over the skivvy, great use of layering.

    Wardrobe Quarry

    ReplyDelete
  26. You are so cute! Love this look! THE SHOES!
    xo,
    Al
    www.sparklesandstilettos.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. so pretty! another awesome outfit here! that skirt is amazing, and your styling touches with those shoes and floral top, perfection!

    ReplyDelete

Talk, talk, talk!

f16bf93391' type='text/javascript'/>