Weekend Warriors

Mar 28, 2014

how-to-wear-patterned-pantsetsy-eildwood-vintagehow-to-style-patterned-pants

HAT: Urban Outfitters
SHOES: Urban Outfitters:
SHOES: c/o Wildwood Vintage
PANTS: thrifted
BELT: Calvin Klein (thrifted)

It's finally Friday! I don't know what's been going on with me this week but I was eternally bored, haha. Once I finished up my work for the day I went into this mode where I just wanted to slide off the couch and onto the floor while whining loudly. But today the weekend starts and I'm going to see actual people. And while I await five o'clock impatiently, let's talk about my outfit!  I took my checkered Wildwood Vintage blouse and paired it with my floral thrifted pants- I really like how the patterns look together. And quick tip if you find a cute but baggy pair of pants at the thrift store: just cuff them. When these weren't cuffed they looked like my elderly neighbor's summer pants, but the moment I rolled them up they looked cute again! The power of little tweaks ;)

etsy-wildwood-vintage-blousepatterned-pants

And Wildwood Vintage is a super girly Etsy boutique that focuses on feminine dresses and sweet, lacy tops. They've got everything from 60's shift dresses and full skirts, to sailor top and chambray dresses. And it's all very reasonably priced, ranging from $10-$30. So if you feel like a bit of online shopping today, be sure to pop on over here and say hi :)

And to give you an idea what Wildwood Vintage has, here are some of my favorite picks- especially that trench coat!

1 copy


Coffee
mary-alice
Fight for FlightDividers

______________________________________
Follow Messages on a Napkin on:

BLOGLOVIN • FACEBOOK • PINTEREST • TWITTER •  MY SHOP!
______________________________________

32 comments :

  1. I loooove those pants. You are so cute!
    And thank you so much for the kind words on my photos <3

    xx
    scarlettandgiselle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Kay, I think I'm head over heels in love with those pants. I love the colours and the fit. I'll definitely be searching for something similar now! Really love the outfit, Marlen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you deserve a break with how busy you have been! I love your trousers! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, I love your pants!
    The look amazing on you.

    www.lavishingg.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. TGIF right? Lovely trews, they're so funky! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, those pants! So much fun. Have a wonderful weekend, Marlen! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those pants are perfect, and you're right, they look great with that top. The patterns work so well together!

    I hope you have a swell weekend! Enjoy it!

    Cheers,
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely outfit - those trousers are so pretty! Your outfits always look so cool! :)
    theemeralddove21.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cuffs do make this seem high fashion. Also I love how they make you look curvy in a very flattering/ casually sexy way :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooh I love your pants. I usually cuff my non-skinny pants too, unless I wear them with heels.

    -Gita
    www.mimiandchichi.com
    Keep in touch with me on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  11. This outfit made me smile :O) I love the casual vibe and how unique the pants are. Also, love the hat.
    Beauty Fashion Skin Care Blog -Girlie Blog Seattle | Casual Chic Style

    ReplyDelete
  12. These floral pants are utterly charming, I love your sense of style, so unique and pretty. Thanks so much for kindly stopping by...wishing you a marvelous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The power of little tweaks, love it! Great outfit!
    xo, Connie
    www.connnietang.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cute outfit! I love the trousers so much. I definitely need to start training my eye to find good things at the thrift store because you find the best things.

    Laura
    www.lauraneuzeth.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Woah! Those pants are awesome! Wildwood Vintage looks like a really neat shop too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love these pants, which is srange because I usually steer clear of red and blue, but these are really cute, summery and weekendish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. super:)) , and BIG GIVEAWAY on my blog-> http://ruhamania.blogspot.hu/2014/03/giveaway-of-black-lace-blouse.html
    x
    Bianka
    http://ruhamania.blogspot.hu/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your style and your outfit! Thank you for your visit on my blog xx

    http://helentsokana.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  19. These pants are awesome, i love patterns, you are so right about the little tweaks..A little cuff here, a belt there or a knot at the hem goes a long way in making almost anything wonderful..I've said it before but I'll say it again, I am so glad I found your blog.

    p.s this belt's gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Damn you, where do you find those awesome shoes!!!!!!!!!! You have the prettiest collection of shoes ever!!!!!!
    And those pants are rocking my world right now, so bold and edgy!!! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  21. You belong in the pages of the Urban catalog. SO GOOD.
    xo,
    Al
    www.sparklesandstilettos.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh hi, i adore this outfit! the pants and the top are both so pretty! and i love the shoes and the hat as well. i wish i wore hats more often but i'm always too afraid of the wind blowing them off of my tiny head, ha! xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh wow- I love this outfit so much! It's so stylish in a fun, colorful way and those pants- what an easy tweak to modernize them! I hope you have a great weekend and some fun friend time!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great tip about the trousers, such a great find! Have a great weekend.

    Rachel | AMomentInTime.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  25. you look so pretty! and you definitely deserve some break ;)
    have a great time!
    and these shoes are awesome ;)

    xoxo

    http://thestylemaze.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. I want your style!!!!

    www.ensembledeux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Those pants are so so cute on you! I love the red floral print. Cuffing them was magically transformative because they look like they could've came from Forever 21. I'm also kind of in love with your shoes. They're super cool.
    Also I definitely have days where I want to whine while sliding off the couch onto the floor. I'm glad I'm not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Those pants are perfection! Little tweaks make a huuge dfference! xx

    blancheneve.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hello! This is an awesome outfit. I love the pants especially, I'd wear them any day <3 xx

    Natalie
    http://therosecrown.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  30. THESE PANTS - I have no words. Except that you rock them!

    ReplyDelete

Talk, talk, talk!

f16bf93391' type='text/javascript'/>