Just Give Me a Garden

Feb 4, 2014

kaiho-vintage-etsykaiho-vintage-midi-dresskaiho-vintage-floral-dress

HAT: Urban Outfitters
DRESS: c/o: Kaiho Vintage (similar: here and here and here and here)
TURTLENECK: Zara
SWEATER: Zara (similar: here, here, and here)
BOOTS: Macy's (similar: here and here and here


I don't know why, but I've been kind of digging this whole "let me go garden in my South Hampton's yard" look recently. I know it's very specific, haha, and I think I can blame that on a coffee table book I flipped through recently. It was about a New York interior designer talking about scrapbooking, and I happened to open to the page where she was describing her Hampton's summer home and how she liked to tend to her flowers with a big floppy straw hat on and a summer dress. And the image kind of...stuck with me. Which is why I've been catching myself reach for midi length summer dresses and thick, cable-knit sweaters, along with dusty boots and floppy hats. All I need is a spade in one hand and a wicker basket in the other and I'm pretty much set ;) 

kaiho-vintage-etsy-dress
kaiho-vintage-dress

And this particular summer dress is from Kaiho Vintage, a cute boutique that veers towards classic and simple pieces, that has quietly elegant dresses and preppy skirts and sweaters. And what's even better is that almost nothing is over $30! So if you're in the mood for a gardening dress of your own, definitely check out Kaiho Vintage here! Also, they're offering my readers a 20% coupon with code 20MESSAGES- happy shopping ;)

kaiho-vintage

And to give you an idea as to what Kaiho Vintage has in stock right now, here are a few pretty pieces that caught my eye! How pretty is that pleated wool skirt? 

KAIHO-SELECTIONS


Coffee
griffin
bijou
Dividers

______________________________________
Follow Messages on a Napkin on:

BLOGLOVIN • FACEBOOK • PINTEREST • TWITTER •  MY SHOP!
______________________________________

24 comments :

  1. You describe your outfits so wittily. I know exactly what you mean by falling in love with a highly specific look that's sometimes difficult to convey verbally. Mine have included "caricature of a pagan" and "Miranda Priestly wannabe".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely outfit! Your blog is simply stunning, you have amazing style. And so unique too! I will definitely be stopping by your blog often :)

    Julie,
    http://thepreppysisters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. SUPER LOVE THE OUTFIT :)
    love reading your blog, It's very refreshing and genuine and I really appreciate that :)
    anyway, would you like to follow each other?

    SOMETHING REAL SERIOUS

    FACEBOOK PAGE

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the texture of that garden! And I dare you to actually garden in all that snow =P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Beautiful! Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog!
    I love how you styled this amazing dress for the winter time!
    It's super cute!
    Have an amazing day!

    xoJess
    www.howjesswoulddress.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look lovely and cozy as always c:
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. SUCH a cute dress! I'm really loving the midi-length right now too, that's like all I've been wearing! Love all the layering going on!

    Jody
    www.jodybeth.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. YOU ARE SO CUTE! Loving everything about this look :)
    xo,
    Al
    www.sparkleandstilettos.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am absolutely loving this look....and your title for it! Adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my god, now I want a big floppy hat and a summer dress to tend my nonexistent garden in. Although mainly I'd like the snow to melt...
    LOVE this combination, you are the queen of chunky knits with fun dresses. I bow down
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lol, talking about gardening in the winter- but I do see the inspiration. Fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh love love love this dress. Wish it was spring or summer so I can wear dresses like this once again! Looks lovely on you! Also, I've got an orange duffle type coat, like the one in your giveaway post and I am pretty obsessed :) -Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh love the mix of pattern and colors here! The blue is such a great tone. You look great in this hat with your cute haircut.

    blue hue wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  14. Way to bring a summer dress into the winter - love how you styled this! That dress is gorgeous, and I always gotta love a nice hat :]

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  15. look at all that snow!! hope that cute outfit is keeping you warm enough! just snowed in tokyo yesterday but there's nothing left to show of it haha..
    www.lettersimpromptu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that dress! Such a great color!

    XOXO
    Becca | Ladyface Blog

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the cozy sweater and dress. It looks like you're in a little winter wonderland over there. I swear all your pictures are so cute!

    Laura
    www.lauraneuzeth.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I want to see a wicker basket next post Marlen ;)
    Haha, I adore your winter outfits, the thick snood, floppy hat, and dress are perfection together!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  19. A specific look? I love it! It's relaxedly feminine. :D
    I've been all about the thick sweaters and cardigans lately. It's the best thing for coziness year round.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aaaaargh, this dress is the best!!! Man I love it! The color, shape, dots! Superb! Love how you styled it too with the chocolate cardi you rock ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your outfit! It looks really cosy :) I'm secretely wishing it would start snowing over here aswell! :D

    Valérie | scribblesofvalerie.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. That polka dot dress is so cute! Love how you've layered it for winter weather, and added in some print mixing too :)

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a beautiful cardigan, you look so cosy <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. dude, talk about a neat way to get outfit inspiration! I love how you translated the title into an outfit. :D you and your magical floppy hats always get me all happy. I love the turtleneck/dress combo. Sometimes I wish it would get a little colder here so I could layer more, but I kind of like the mild weather at the same time... :D ah welll

    ReplyDelete

Talk, talk, talk!

f16bf93391' type='text/javascript'/>