Have Love, Will Travel

Feb 23, 2014

have-love-will-travel-vintage-skirt have-love-will-travel

SKIRT: c/o Have Love, Will Travel
SWEATER: thrifted
BERET: c/o Moonchild Vintage
SHOES: Urban Outfitters

Everything about the store Have Love, Will Travel is "60's college kid", so when I got this plaid skirt from them it felt only right to honor the image. I dove head first into loafers, a cable knit, and a beret, and now all I need is a sprawling campus and stack of books to top off the look. That and a handsome man in boat shoes to carry them for me ;) Is anyone else imagining Hubbell from The Way We Were or is it just me?

Have Love, Will Travel is every bit as dreamy as it sounds. It's a store that carries a bevy of full midi skirts, boat neck blouses, and compact satchel bags. But what really makes the store dynamic is the owner, Rebecca. Rebecca is a full-time photo archivist and part-time treasure hunter, who collects antique photo booth photos and illustrated books, and has a sharp eye when it comes to vintage items. She's an absolute treat to be around, which makes shopping with her more like spending an afternoon with a close friend rather than just shopping through a store. If you'd like some 60's college kid duds of your own, be sure to check out her store HERE!

have-love-will-travel-skirt-vintage
have-love-will-travel-vintage

And here are some of my favorite picks from Have Love, Will Travel to give you an idea what they have in store. I think that floral crop top will be especially fun during the spring!

have-love


Coffee
voyeur-vintage
sold-for-ransom
Dividers

______________________________________
Follow Messages on a Napkin on:

BLOGLOVIN • FACEBOOK • PINTEREST • TWITTER •  MY SHOP!
______________________________________

29 comments :

  1. Awesome outfit and super cool pics!!
    Very great job :)

    http://heyhadrien.blogspot.com/2014/02/million-miles.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look so, so cute! love your sweater

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. you can win nearly £150 worth of high-end skincare on my blog, if you fancy entering! click here

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love the beret! And the chunky jumper is so cute and looks ridiculously cosy!
    dimplesdiaries
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this outfit - you look so cute! (I'm also listing after some of those features from this shop - who doesn't need a magenta skirt...??). :)

    Allison Katelyn @ http://simplesilverlinings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful jumper and lipstick!

    www.retrostreetstation.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  6. 60's college kid sounds awesome to me! I love this plaid skirt and sweater combo! And the beret is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look adorable :) This outfit is perfect from head to toe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 60s college kid indeed - you look perfectly preppy and the vintage inspiration in your outfit as absolutely lovely! The plaid is so on-trend as well! This is definitely one of my favorite outfits by you!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah well, now that you mention it I half expect him to pop out from behind that tree and scare you half to death with his creepiness! That skirt is lovely on you and I adore how you styled it. Those loafers and the socks rolled down into a thick cuff are so cutesy-pie I just want to pinch those cheeks of yours silly!

    SDMxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. 1) adorable layering! I love the skirt. :)
    2) her store is such a treat! She has an expert eye.

    love,
    a

    www.missdecaf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. 60's college kid is literally the perfect description! Also, nothing beats a fabulous chunky knit sweater.

    xo Jackie

    Something About That

    ReplyDelete
  12. Seriously great plaid skirt - that is definitely 60s collegiate (perfect description)!

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautiful! Love the sweater :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha, 60's college kid look nailed! Love how you dressed up this cute skirt. The beret is always a lovely touch :)

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Marlen!
    Love your vintage style...and as usual you have outdone yourself one more time!
    Neha
    Let's talk about everything

    ReplyDelete
  16. Plaid skirt and neat-o plated shoes?! Marlen, you are kind of my dream girl. MAY I SWEEP YOU OFF YOUR FEET?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm definitely feeling the 60's college kid vibes with this outfit (:

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am just obsessed with the name of the shop - so darn cute! And I love that skirt so much! This whole outfit is great - I love the sweater and chambray underneath. You look adorable as always!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gahwekkhfa; I love this! Well, I love everything you wear. This plaid skirt is especially wonderful though. I need to get back to wearing more of m 1960's vintage again. I'm stuck a few decades behind lately! But the socks and loafers are too cute. Also, I am obsessed a beret. It is one item that can transcend many points in time depending on how you wear it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. My first thought upon seeing these pics was "wow, she needs to be in a movie." I wouldn't mind casting young Robert Redford as your partner, so perhaps he can sweep you off your feet :P

    Brittney

    Another Beautiful Thing

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ughhh loving this! (That's a good, jealous ugh). You are like a 1960s Scottish dream girl with your fisherman sweater, beret, and awesome plaid skirt! Rebecca's job sounds amazing and her shop is adorable! Happy Monday!
    xo Hannah

    http://thebraidedbandit.blogspot.com
    http://thebraidedbandit.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. tres bon! You look so French and chic! I love it! You look like you are a Tommy Hilfiger model!

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  23. very adorable, and I get such a French feeling from the outfit! maybe it's the beret

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your cable knit sweater and bright lipstick is such a great look! Keep on rocking it :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love this, it's so cute! That store is adorable, thanks for introducing us :) The beret adds such a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete

Talk, talk, talk!

f16bf93391' type='text/javascript'/>