Happy Valentine's!

Feb 14, 2014

little-miss-vintage-skirtlittle-miss-vintage-etsy

SKIRT: c/o Little Miss Vintage Three
FLORAL DRESS (worn as shirt): c/o Anatomy Vintage
TURTLENECK: Banana Republic
VEST: TJ Maxx
BOOTIES: Macy's

Lord, I had so much planned for this day and none of it happened. I was supposed to make heart garlands, buy one of those jumbo cards for my dad, make cupcakes for the family...and then laziness took over and I didn't do a thang. I really need to stop DVR-ing shows because, quite frankly, it's starting to take over my life. How can you get a thing accomplished if you have 30 Frasier episodes waiting for you? It's like a mountain you have to climb. But I digress, I'll get my Niles Crane addiction under control.

But since it is Valentine's Day, I decided to go for a super feminine look today. I'm going out to a swanky restaurant with my two best friends tonight- we're each other's Valentines!- so I really wanted to dress the part. This Little Miss Vintage Three knit skirt was the perfect center piece, and I added in more girly touches (like floral and fur) to tie the look together. Little Miss Vintage Three is an awesome store because it carries a lot of basic and core pieces you'd need in your wardrobe, and for really cheap, too! They have plaid blouses, chunky knit sweaters, leopard print coats (yes, that's a basic), floral skirts- just about everything that you'd need! So if you have a moment, make sure to check out Little Miss Vintage Three here and see what your closet is missing :)

little-miss-vintagelittle-miss-vintage-knit-skirt

And to give you an idea what Little Miss Vintage Three has in stock, here are some of my favorite pieces- that magenta blouse would be an amazing layering piece:

little-miss

Coffee
hello-violeta
sunday-millie
Dividers

______________________________________
Follow Messages on a Napkin on:

BLOGLOVIN • FACEBOOK • PINTEREST • TWITTER •  MY SHOP!
______________________________________

34 comments :

  1. Ah, you look soo gorgeous, Marlen, really love this feminine outfit, such a beautiful skirt! Love that you added florals and fur - just perfect! Happy Valentine's!! ♥

    Liana x
    Dress Code Chic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great outfit! Happy Vday, dear :)!

    xx
    http://gita-oddsandends.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute cute cutest! happy v-day Marlen! I love the unexpected way you combine pieces, it's what keeps me coming back every time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Valentine's Day plans sound really fun! Mine involve a much needed day home from work, crashing on my couching and watching reruns of Law and Order. I'm pretty thrilled....

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Valentine's Day! Enjoy your dinner with your girl friends! LOVE the fur vest.

    <3
    heather
    fashionistanygirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. super:)) x
    Bianka
    http://ruhamania.blogspot.hu/

    ReplyDelete
  7. you defo pull off this look!
    It looks so vintage yet up to date! xx

    LauraThinksAbout

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes all our plans just don't get done and that is a-okay. I'm sure your Dad feels all you love anyway :D

    Have fun out with the girls!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy valentines dear ^__^
    the flower detail on the top
    looks nice! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know what you mean about DVRing things. XD

    Lush, romantic, colorful, and sumptuous! I love this outfit. It's very Valentines and it's very you. Keep doing your thing. ;)

    love,
    a

    www.missdecaf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahaha I get like that I plan all these awesome things I want to do and then tv takes over :) And you're so lucky you have snow!! Please throw some at me here in Southern California!

    http://nadiadelacorazon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Live.vintage pieces! I'm gonna check out that.store, you look awesme! ...hope you.enjoyef your valentine's day,...,.and thanks so much for.your comment,.i appreciate it :)
    Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  13. cute! i love all the snow in the background!

    http://mrmrswalsh.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a lovely Valentine's outfit! I like the floral print paired with the pink skirt :) Hope you had fun with your friends!

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
  15. Marlen,

    I love ittttt...I am obsessed with pencil skirts---I wear them to work ALL THE TIME..and that blush color is just the best!! I am going to try and find one lie it! So cute!

    And also doubling that dress as a top, looks fab.

    Andrea Fer, Not Quite Grown Up Guide

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy day-after-Valentine's-Day! You're seriously the layering queen. I love that you wore that floral dress as a top and your pink skirt is perfect for the holiday.
    I know what you mean about the laziness taking over. Matt and I had plans to do a bunch of stuff and we were so tired we just ate and fell asleep. Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  17. love this outfit!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. there's a £150 high-end skincare giveaway on my blog, if you fancy entering! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a super pretty Valentine's look! The floral print is fab and that's such a lovely skirt! Hope you had a wonderful day! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Really nice look :)
    You look great :)

    Hugs
    Svetlana from Lavender Star // BlogLovin //
    Instagram // Faceboook

    ReplyDelete
  20. You have great style, I really love this look :)x

    The Belle Narrative

    ReplyDelete
  21. This look is so sweet! And I love the fuzzy fur with the feminine colors. And I definitely have those days where I plan so much and end up doing squat, haha. But "relaxing" should be on everyone's to do list!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great outfit! I'm loving your vintage flare :) You and your blog are absolutely adorable! You should check out my blog too! I'm all about vintage/thrifty finds :)
    -Alex of http://snippetswithalex.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. oo nice vest! I've been looking for a fur vest since last year and I still have no luck finding one that I really like.. stay warm!! I like revlon lipsticks too :)
    www.lettersimpromptu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love love love that vest! And you hair is adorable. Also, I totally feel you on the DVRing. Haha. It is too tempting!! I need to stop too! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  25. At first I thought you weren't wearing tights, and all I could think was noooooo not when you're in snow!! :)

    This is such a quirky outfit, I love it!

    And yes, I know the addiction of a TV program far too well :)

    Hmm maybe...

    ReplyDelete
  26. I freakin' love every piece here and I am questioning why I do not own a vest like this?! SERIOUSLY. It would make my life complete.
    I want to be lazy, that lazy day sounds the best ever

    ReplyDelete
  27. In love with your furry vest so cute & I love how you paired it with the feminine dress. Hope you had a great valentines day!
    xoxo, Kierra Makayla – fashion, beauty & lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is one of my favorite Valentine's looks for sure!! I love your furry vest! I would never have an opportunity for that in AZ- waaaaah :(

    ReplyDelete
  29. I was supposed to go out spoil myself and enjoy it, but instead, I got stucked at home because headaches. It actually sounds depressing, but it wasn't that bad since my house was full of chocolate. Ha!
    Anyway, I really love the way you pulled this outfit out! Every single piece looks extremely amazing and styling. I don't know how you do it!
    The vest, in my opinion, is a big part of the outfit. It adds "that" thing. xx

    ReplyDelete

Talk, talk, talk!

f16bf93391' type='text/javascript'/>