Very Very Merry Merry

Dec 24, 2013

Moonchild-vintage-dress copy3Moonchild-Vintagemoonchild-vintage-etsy-dress
DRESS: c/o Moonchild Vintage (similar here and here and here)| HAT: Fall Code (get same one here)| TURTLENECK: Banana Republic (similar here)| BOOTIES: Macy's (similar here and here)

Yaaay it's Christmas Eve- the day I cut a blizzard's worth of paper snowflakes to add the finishing touches to our house while simultaneously keeping an excited eye on the stockings over the fireplace. Today we're going to my cousins' house where we'll eat an old-school Polish dinner and play Dungeons and Dragon (not even kidding) and tomorrow everyone will be coming over to our house for the big Christmas shindig. This year I wrote on the invite that if they want to gain entry into the household they'll have to wear a very kitschy Christmas sweater, haha, it's a very strict dress code! I'm going to be one tough bouncer outside with my Christmas kitty sweater on- it's going to be very, very intimidating.  

And since I'm determined to feel festive all day today, I went with pieces that give off that vibe. Enter my Moonchild Vintage wool dress. It's seriously winter perfection in every sense of the word. And since it's sleeveless I layered it with a fun striped turtleneck and topped it off with my Fall Code pompom hat. Even my mom cooed happily when I came down the stairs wearing this, so it seems to be a winner!

And Moonchild Vintage has a bunch more classic-cut dresses and thin, layerable turtlenecks, so be sure to check them out here!

Moonchild-Vintage-etsy Moonchild-vintage-dress

And here is how I wore this same dress last week in this post!

Moonchild-Vintage

And here are some of my top favorites that Moonchild has right now- how pretty is that dusty rose color?

1



Coffee

red-hawk-attic Brown-Loves-Black
Dividers

______________________________________
Follow Messages on a Napkin on:

BLOGLOVIN • FACEBOOK • PINTEREST • TWITTER •  MY SHOP!
_____________________________________


28 comments :

  1. What a cute dress :)
    Merry Christmas to you and your beloved ones!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! That hat is too cute- I love the bold red color
    -Tori
    Fashion, Trends & More

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cozy cutie! Sounds like it's going to be a wonderfully dorky, festive couple of days, what with the D&D and sweaters :) Merry Christmas, Marlen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't get enough of that dress! I love how you style it each time. Merry Xmas Eve!

    xoxo Bri

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are the sweetest ... happy happy christmas!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. D&D on holidays is one of the best traditions!! I hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As much as I liked this dress's introduction, I like this remix of it even better. Very festive indeed! Merry Christmas, Marlen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely post!
    x

    http://nicolesblogdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That red beanie is the raisin of the whole outfit) look chic and pretty! Those photographs are adorable!
    Wish you Merry Christmas and great holidays!

    www.svetusvet.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. that dress is so so pretty! hope you're having a wonderful christmas eve:-) (also, i've never played dungeons&dragons and i actually really want to, ha!) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a super fun holiday look! Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Goodness, you are just too adorable! Every time I pop in over here, I'm blown away at how you're able to create such fabulous vintage looks!

    : signe : the daily savant :
    : blogspot
    : bloglovin
    Graphic Tee Giveaway (3 winners!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute and unique dress. I spent the day making cookie cutter butter cookies which I have never done before. Have a great holiday.

    Allie of ALLIE NYC
    allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look beautiful! Love this dress :) Merry Christmas!!

    xo www.inventedromance.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha, I can just picture you being all tough in your kitty sweater ;)
    I really like how you've been layering this dress, the turtleneck underneath is perfect! Perfect touch of festivity with that red beanie.
    Merry Christmas Marlen, hope it's a wonderful one!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  16. cute colors! <3
    would you mind to follow each other? :)

    xx
    http://sony-ann.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. cute colors! <3
    would you mind to follow each other? :)

    xx
    http://sony-ann.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your dress! I think the last picture is so cute haha :D

    Merry Christmas!
    Valérie // scribblesofvalerie.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a stunning dress! I love the deeper shade of gray. It looks pretty warm too, which is definitely a plus! That striped turtleneck looks wonderful layered underneath too! How you pull off all this layering and never look frumpy is a talent, dear!

    Happy Holidays :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas! I love the traditions (no matter how different from everyone else's) that we create at the holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh how I love this dress! and I really hope I get to catch a glimpse of the kitty sweater soon too :) I think you need that dusty rose color dress, it would look absolutely amazing on you!

    christen
    fashionplatecheapskate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. um umu mumum THAT IS SO CUTE THAT YOU STILL CUT PAPER SNOWFLAKES
    like
    what
    woman
    you are too precious
    I gotta do that, I gotta be cute like youuUUUooouuu!

    But yeah, gushing aside, you look absolutely PRESH. I love the cut of that dress. Especially dat necklace. Mmm mm good.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This dress is so so flattering! I love the shape!

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete
  25. Mmmm Polish dinner sounds wonderful. I hope you had an awesome Christmas!
    I really love the way you layer tops underneath this dress. I never would have thought to do that. This turtleneck looks great underneath it and certainly makes the dress more appropriate for your cold weather!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love that hat! so adorable with the puff on top!

    -Maddy
    http://cassidylou.com

    ReplyDelete

Talk, talk, talk!

f16bf93391' type='text/javascript'/>