The Bohemian Went Casual

Dec 3, 2013

rebel-closet-floral-dressrebel-closet-dressrebel-closet-vintage
DRESS: c/o Rebel Closet| BOOTS: Macy's| SWEATER: thrifted

There are some dresses that are cute, some that are your favorite, and some that you'd put on armor for and defend to the death against other covet-ers. This Rebel Closet tent dress is the latter. I don't know what it is about it, but it's just perfect. 

It swings out and flairs as I do boring things like follow Marc around with a vacuum, making my eye twitch a little less in the process. It's dark and bohemian and slightly grungy, but it's also feminine and girly for no particular reason. Like I said- perfect. And even though I'm tempted to pair it with a floppy hat each time, I wanted to see if I can dress it down in a casual way for those days I don't really feel like making a statement. And apparently I can! Oh the power of a white cable knit- all you do is pop it over any dress and it instantly matches. Looks like I'll be getting a lot more wear out of my coveted piece ;)

And if you want a bohemian piece of your own, be sure to pop over to Rebel Closet, which just brims with grungy and feminine dresses!

rebel-closet
rebel-closet-vintage-dress

And below is how I styled it in this post!

Rebel-Closet-Vintage-Etsy


And here are some of my other favorite picks from Rebel Closet- how pretty is that tribal print romper?

4


Coffee


Wayfarer
Wandering-Ruby-Olive

Dividers


______________________________________
Follow Messages on a Napkin on:

BLOGLOVIN • FACEBOOK • PINTEREST • TWITTER •  MY SHOP!
______________________________________

18 comments :

  1. it's a pretty floral~ like how you styled it!
    Marie @
    In Our Happy Place

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's your twirly dress again. =] Love this sweater over it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "twirly dress" is the perfect way to describe it! basically I agree with this whole comment

      Delete
  3. I love how you can so expertly belt a sweater over a dress, haha, you're a layering goddess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It barely looks like the same dress, it looks great styled with this cable knit sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the length of your hair! It's looking good a little longer too!
    Lisa | c/oMKE

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love wearing a sweater under my dress c:
    You look lovely as always! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. your hair!!! you look adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aaah, I love this! I really liked the other outfit with the dress as well, but this is my favourite! I love the contrast in colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea!! Love the sweater!!
    Hope
    hchdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. It certainly really changes remix to remix.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i am obsessed! that dress is absolutely wonderful! and you are so right! a white cable knit solves every problem.

    ReplyDelete
  12. super outfit!:)) xo
    Bianka
    http://ruhamania.blogspot.hu/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a lovely outfit! I love that jumper - it looks so cosy!
    dimplesdiaries
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am a sucker for dark florals, and this dress is no exception. Although I would probably chop the skirt off at the knee, but then that might lose some of its twirliness... so maybe not. Whatever. It looks perfect on you! I like both ways you've styled it!
    xo
    Kristina
    www.eccentricowl.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the mix of knits and florals here- so pretty and cozy! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. This dress really is such a cool mix of grunge and girly. Darker floral prints are great in the winter! I love the sweater layered over this dress too. You're so right about being able to layer a sweater like that over any dress. Plus it makes them instantly cozy!

    ReplyDelete

Talk, talk, talk!

f16bf93391' type='text/javascript'/>