The Aftermath

Dec 28, 2013

vintage-griffin1vintage-griffin-skirtvintage-griffin-plum-skirt
SKIRT: c/o Vintage Griffin| VEST: c/o Mousevox Vintage (similar here and here)| SCARF: The Seam Designs| SHIRT: Thrifted (similar here, here, and here)| TIGHTS: Target| BOOTIES: Lulu*s (similar here and here)

Now that the excitement's over and the tinsel has been vacuumed off the floor and the wrapping paper folded into the recycling bin, it's time to kick up our feet and relax. Which means there's absolutely no room for fussy outfits made out of scratchy materials or too-tight inseams, amiright? Enter my corduroy Vintage Griffin skirt! It's long enough to let me eat peppermint chocolates and leftover bundt cakes with abandon and cozy enough to let me pair it with a southwestern print and chunky infinity scarf. Which is a total win in my book for that coma period that comes after a week of festivities. In the end I felt like the look was still missing a little summin' summin' so I popped on my menswear inspired vest from Mousevox Vintage as the finishing touch. I'm telling you- if you're at a loss, add a vest! It'll fix just about any outfit.

vintage-griffin-velvet-skirtvintage-griffin-etsy-skirtvintage-griffin-etsy

And this isn't the first time I styled these pieces! Below is how I played with the Vintage Griffin skirt in this post and...

vintage-griffin-midi-skirt

...and how I styled the same Mousevox Vintage vest in this post!

Mousevox-Vintage

And here are some of my favorite pieces from both Vintage Griffin (the first one) and Mousevox Vintage- they're total essentials in every winter wardrobe!


selections


selections




Coffee
belleville
brick-and-mortar
Dividers


______________________________________
Follow Messages on a Napkin on:

BLOGLOVIN • FACEBOOK • PINTEREST • TWITTER •  MY SHOP!
______________________________________

25 comments :

  1. Great outfit!

    It will mean a lot if you have time to check our blog and maybe follow us ?

    Hope to see you soon on it !

    Emily from Pretty Tiny Things

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah, couldn't agree more! Itchy fabrics are for loosers :D Anywho, loving how you styled the skirt. Especially love the print on the shirt, reminds me of Alaska ^_^ Awesome touch with the chunky scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm liking the western vibe of this outfit. Love the shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ive always loved that southwestern top of yours and this skirt is definitely a new favorite addition! You look cute, warm and cozy! As usual trying to catch up with my bloggy favorites which is proving difficult while traveling! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas with your family!
    xo Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! I hope you had a very Merry Christmas!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photographs are gorgeous I must say.Are you a professional or something?
    They are wonderful.
    And I'm in love with your velvet burgundy skirt.It looks amazing with your styling.
    xx
    Style Of OzOz
    Style Of OzOz Facebook Page

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful outfit! I'm in love with that southwestern top. It is so cute!

    xo www.inventedromance.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh your skirt is so stunning! I hope you had a wonderful holiday <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. you still look christmassy to me, haha - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the last outfit, I would totally wear it!
    I love your hair :)

    XOXO
    http://fashion-mask.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the denim vest and the color of your skirt! :)

    ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ Creme de la Chic ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡

    ReplyDelete
  12. That skirt really does look splendid the ways you've styled it Marlen! I love the rich color, especially paired with your fun print top.
    Thanks for the hugs by the way, I could feel them through the laptop...aha

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love you skirt and boots!

    E | Beauty/Skincare | Cocoamourr

    ReplyDelete
  14. The scarf with the denim is such a gorgeous look!

    Sincerely,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look so cozy, and beautiful as always. A blessed, peaceful new year to you and yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Can't agree more -- vests can fix everything. Not that this outfit needed fixing, as it's comfy and adorable all at the same time. Gosh, I love a good full skirt. Just make you look fabulous and provides room to eat all the food I want. XD

    love,
    a

    www.missdecaf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. That skirt is a cute shape!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooh, I remember this skirt from a previous post and I love how you've styled it here too! Perfect attire for staying cozy and eating leftovers ;)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely love these outfits, specially the first one. So country with a touch of modern chic going through it x

    tuttifruttibyam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Loving the vintage look because everything looks so unique <3
    xoxo
    -B ♡ MsBerryStylish 

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely skirt, its so beautiful on you <3 Happy New Year :)

    sarahrizaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ohhh I love this outfit, so well put together! The midi skirt in burgundy is exactly what I've been looking for :)

    Arianna, Nymphashion ♡

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful skirt! You have great sense of style!

    jointyicroissanty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hooray for a corduroy skirt. I need more of that fabric in my life since it's a favorite but lacking in my wardrobe. I love the color of this skirt too. Such a cute look, as always.

    ReplyDelete

Talk, talk, talk!

f16bf93391' type='text/javascript'/>