Portland, Part III

Dec 10, 2013

portland25xportland22portland30xportland24portland27x

Our second day in Portland went back to being rough and cruel to us. Marc woke up feeling like he broke his foot (probably sprained something during the mad dash to the bus into town), so we were pretty much limited to either shuffling around or lying in bed watching weird botox-induced E! reality shows. How does one explore a city when they can't walk?! 

After an hour of watching scary women back stab each other while wearing Prada, I knew I had to at least try and find a way to get us outside and away from the TV. Knowing that there was a massively huge bookstore in downtown, I decided we were going to have a nice afternoon of a coffee in one hand, a book in the other, and all broken feet propped up on chairs. So I coaxed Marc into putting on his shoes and hobbling down a block or two to the trolley, which we then hitched to the Powell bookstore. And it was so much fun. It was just quiet hours of flipping through pages and enjoying each other's company while the sunshine filtered in through the window and played on our faces. Though it wasn't exactly the sight-seeing I had in mind, I couldn't complain :)

portland23xportland29xportland28portland21xportland31x


Coffee
tulle-and-tiaralittle-veggie
Dividers

______________________________________
Follow Messages on a Napkin on:

BLOGLOVIN • FACEBOOK • PINTEREST • TWITTER •  MY SHOP!
______________________________________

13 comments :

  1. The city is so beautiful! These kind of photos are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I hope his foot is feeling better. I love the photos you captured. Ive always wanted to go to portland!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful pictures! man, portland is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful pictures! man, portland is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love this kind of architecture! really enjoyed these photos:)
    www.lettersimpromptu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't Powell's just the greatest book store ever? I love how each floor is a different color. Glad you had fun there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, man! I've always wanted to visit Portland and these photographs are making my desire stronger.
    On another note, I hope Marc's foot is better now!
    -Rose

    ReplyDelete
  8. woww! I love portland! I used to live there as a child! I'ms so sad, I can't see this beautiful landscape as an adult now! D:

    stephanna-loves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, poor fella! At least the city looked beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You always take the best travel pictures, Marlen! Love all of the old brick buildings :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful pics! Would love to go there one day! You have a great blog, following you now with Bloglovin :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty sure seeing Powell's Books is site seeing. Oh, to spend a day there!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous photos, lady! Sounds like your trip sure had it's ups and downs :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk, talk, talk!

f16bf93391' type='text/javascript'/>