My Kitchen's Got Character

Dec 2, 2013

7my-little54

If you haven't gathered it by now, I'm a little bit...quirky. I like my extra-ordinary things, and I like items that have a bit of character to them. Which is why my kitchen is a hodgepodge of sweet and weird. Scrabble games are mixed in with Lipton boxes, the toaster found a home on the radiator, none of my dishware matches and usually has some sort of winking kid on it- these are the types of things that make me happy. So there's no surprise when I fell head over heels over My Little Belleville Ceramics.  Michelle, the artist, specializes in bringing her kitchenware to life by painting interesting faces onto just about anything, and the outcome is deliciously quirky. I couldn't help and get the butter dish, which has a cute little mushroom handle and a calm face painted across :)

my-little2162

And My Little Belleville is the perfect thing for thoughtful gifts. My mom's super obsessed with her kitchen, and every year I try to get her something clothes related and miss the mark. I think this year I'll get her a mixing spoon or a planter pot so she can finally stop sending me death rays from across the Christmas tree with her dud gift. Below are a few of my favorite picks from them- and BONUS- they're having a 20% off Black Friday sale right now!

selections


______________________________________
Follow Messages on a Napkin on:

BLOGLOVIN • FACEBOOK • PINTEREST • TWITTER •  MY SHOP!
______________________________________

12 comments :

  1. I love your kitchen! So nice to see peeks into your home.

    More, please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your kitchen gear! I neeeeeeed that chair! I'm 'planning' to have one of those fifties diner like kitchens with a chessboard floor and turquoise items! :D But I like those retro orange and brown items a lot too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Really, so much character and just the right amount of kitsch :) Those dishes are precious and I'm loving the floral-printed kitchen chair. And I might steal the pie right off the table! Nice games too- my parents are Sequence fanatics and I think my boyfriend chose to be with me because of my Scrabble prowess ;) xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, love your kitchen. And those faces! Why I haven't thought of that?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your kitchen! And the My Little Belleville products! They're so cute.
    I need to start injecting fun quirky stuff like that into my house.
    xo
    Kristina
    www.eccentricowl.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your kitchen definitely does have character, and it looks absolutely lovely!

    xo www.inventedromance.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  7. That dishware is so very you. How adorable.

    I do love getting to peek into your home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love love love the quirkiness of your kitchen! Adorable. And love the mugs (number 3). So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww, that butter dish is adorable! I love the little detail of the mushroom handle

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your kitchen! such great pieces too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw your new butter dish is super cute! I love the mushroom handle. I really like the creative placement of your toaster on the heater too. haha

    ReplyDelete

Talk, talk, talk!

f16bf93391' type='text/javascript'/>