Audrey Went Casual

Dec 29, 2013

cut-and-chiccut-and-chic-vintage
DRESS: c/o Cut and Chic Vintage| SHIRT: Forever 21| SWEATER: Banana Republic| TIGHTS: Target| BOOTIES: Macy's

The Cut and Chic Vintage dress is back! I've been having a lot of fun trying to style this fancy, Audrey Hepburn-esque number for the everyday. I would still love to wear this with just a pillowbox hat and patent leather loafers a la Audrey in just about every movie, but seeing how I own neither that'll just have to wait a bit longer, haha. Instead I opted layering my trusty chambray shirt under it and popping on a short sleeved sweater to let the sleeves show through. It was just the look to wear while doing a few Saturday afternoon errands and then cozying up at a bookstore's couch and flipping through a few books' pages. 

And if you'd like a classic dress of your own or are looking to add some winter brights into your closet, I'd definitely recommend checking out Cut and Chic- they have an amazing selection! Visit their store here

cut-and-chic-vintage-pink-dresscut-and-chic-vintage-dress

And this is how I wore this same dress in this post

cut-and-chic-vintage-dress

And here are some of my top picks from Cut and Chic to give you and idea of what else they're packing- how pretty is that peach ascot dress?

cut-and-chic




Coffee
Fight-for-flight Whhttt
Dividers

______________________________________
Follow Messages on a Napkin on:

BLOGLOVIN • FACEBOOK • PINTEREST • TWITTER •  MY SHOP!
_____________________________________


20 comments :

  1. I love this dress!! That colour is exquisite on you, looks perfect with the chambray top underneath :)
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I like this remix even more than the last one. That dress is just perfect on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute! i love how you styled it both ways-chambray goes with everything xx

    Little Blue Backpack

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh gosh you're so good at putting together this juxtaposition look, and it's my favorite.

    happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, love that bright shade of pink on you! And your hair is looking great, Marlen! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love this pink dress! It is very Hepburn-esque indeed! And I love it with the chambray top. They truly do go with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yay pink!! Both looks look great! Happy holidays :)
    www.lettersimpromptu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the vibrant color and the many ways you can style it. It's so versatile! ^_^ I can't stop browsing through all those vintage stores you recommended, they have amazing stuff O_O

    ReplyDelete
  9. It really does have an Audrey Hepburn feel to it! Absolutely love the color, it looks perfect on you. Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gah, that dress is gorgeous! I love the fit on you - it's perfect. And I love the white tights and layers you have on. You look adorable as always!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You wore this dress perfectly ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh that dress!! Can it get an better??
    Hope
    hchdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Major heart-eyes over that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Marlen, & Happy New Year!

    This is a great dress, such a fun color! I think I like that second look best- I'm amazed at how nicely the fuchsia went with the brown coat + grey. So...waiting around for another awesome vintage giveaway because I just got my goods from Pretty Cat ;)

    perfectly priya

    ReplyDelete
  15. This dress is just so awesome. I love the incredibly hot pink color. Brights in winter is always a good idea. That denim top looks great underneath this dress too. You remix your wardrobe in the most creative ways.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The color of this dress is just bananas!! It looks so great with your hair color--such a fun and inspiring look :)

    Tori
    FashionBlingGirlyThings

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great dress, but, oh my gosh that beanie! I must have it! ^___^

    ReplyDelete
  18. Other reasons you should come back to Seattle: I need to steal that dress.
    Of course, I probably shouldn't have mentioned that when trying to convince you to come back... *ahem*
    xo
    Kristina

    ReplyDelete

Talk, talk, talk!

f16bf93391' type='text/javascript'/>