The Perfect Fall Outfit

Nov 24, 2013

queen-anne-seattle-32
queen-anne-seattle-28
queen-anne-seattle-27
Straylight-Vintage-Midi-DressStraylight-Vintage-Dress

Marc and I are adventuring our way through Portland right now, but we're also kind of missing home. Here are some of my favorite snaps from around our Queen Anne neighborhood on a chilly Fall day. And if you're going on an afternoon stroll, then you have to bring your Autumn A-game, which is this outfit! Remember this Straylight Vintage dress that I wore it in this post? Back then I just popped a denim jacket over it and called it a day, but this time around I wanted to play with it more. So I paired it with my favorite rust sweater and cinched it with a belt to give the silhouette more of a shape. Another reason I love this outfit is because of the subtle details that bring it all together- the chambray sleeves just peeking out from under the sweater sleeves or the light colored socks that balance out the darker colors with this summer dress. And if you're in the mood for a floral midi of your own, be sure to check out Straylight Vintage! They have all sorts of dresses, from casual to fancy pants :)

ALSO, if you like my oatmeal knit scarf (can be found here), be sure to enter my Seam Designs giveaway HERE! Today is the last day to enter, and this one isn't to be confused with my Afternoon Owl scarf giveaway. That one is already over so if you didn't win increase your chances with this one ;) 

queen-anne-seattle-33
queen-anne-seattle-4
queen-anne-seattle-12
queen-anne-seattle-10
Straylight-Vintage-Dress-Floral
Straylight-Vintage-Floral-Dress
queen-anne-seattle-22
queen-anne-seattle-11

20 comments :

  1. Awesome photos! And yes, I also think this is a perfect Fall outfit. You're rocking it, girl!

    xx
    http://gita-oddsandends.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah the architecture there is devine, it's so cozy that I could just move there right away!

    xoxo

    WWW.ZERXZASTYLE.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many lovely pictures, Marlen! All of the Fall colours make me happy :) This really is a fab outfit- love the mix of florals and knits- and those boots are great! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so adorable. Love all those layers! And those houses--oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely neighborhood :) And your sweater and scarf are to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, it looks so beautiful, love your outfit

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another fabulous layered look! That skirt is to die for!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  8. So jealous that you're adventuring around Portland! I want to visit so badly! Love your circle scarf.

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. This really is the perfect fall outfit! You look charming :) I love all these photos so much

    inventedromance.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you're having fun in Portland! I like the belted red jumper idea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG I seriously need to get my butt over to Seattle so I can hire you as my tour guide so you can take me to these places! OMG please! This place in Portland is just everything my dreams are made from hahaha!

    SDMxx
    www.daringcoco.com
    DARING COCO'S 2ND BIRTHDAY GIVEAWAY - WIN A $200 GIFT CARD TO NET-A-PORTER OR SHOPBOP!

    ReplyDelete
  12. hey nice post mehn. I love your style of blogging here. The way you writes reminds me of an equally interesting post that I read some time ago on Daniel Uyi's blog: A Creative Way To Achieve Your Goals Fast .
    keep up the good work.

    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like how your denim shirt is peeking out from your red jumper! x

    Katrina Sophia Blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh these are gorgeous shots! Love that scarf... you look adorable as usual!
    Hope
    hchdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww, it is the perfect outfit. I love that sweater. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh! This neighborhood is gorgeous! And I would kill for the fall weather again because we just got our first snowfall. Took an hour to get to work this morning...winter wonderland is right.

    Lisa | c/oMKE {formerly Making Life's Lemons}

    ReplyDelete
  17. spring florals for fall = favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. where is that neighborhood in portalnd??? i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. GOSH DANGIT WOMAN HOW DO YOU DO IT you with the layering and th e magics and the scarf and the santa

    you look so great I can't
    that scarf over the sweater belted and the floral
    magic I says
    MAGIVC

    ReplyDelete

Talk, talk, talk!

f16bf93391' type='text/javascript'/>