Tent Dresses

Nov 26, 2013

Rebel-Closet-Vintage-EtsyRebel-Closet-VintageRebel-Closet-Etsy
SHOES- Macy's| HAT- Urban Outfitters| SHIRT- Forever 21| DRESS: c/o Rebel Closet

So confession time: sometimes I wish I can trade in my whole vintage closet and just be all wonderfully mismatch-y bohemian. You know exactly what I'm talking about- just recall images of Vanessa Hudgens or Natalie from Natalie Off Duty. They have an array of crazy on- playing with velvet, sheerness, fringes, and some rose pattern or other- and it looks ridiculously amazing. But for whatever reason, I always neglect to pick out those fringed kimonos and paisley dresses and instead go for something I Love Lucy would wear on a Wednesday. 

But not this time! When I saw this paneled tent dress from Rebel Closet I thought to myself, "This is it. This is my first step in to Jimi Hendrix velvet pants!" And ohmylord I seriously don't want to take this beaut off. It's crazy swingy so I find myself doing half turns when doing simple things like walking to the kitchen or getting the mail from down the hall, just to watch the hem happily swing  out and flair. I'm over the moon in love with this piece! And if you want to inject a little bit of bohemian or grunge into your wardrobe, check out Rebel Closet here and see all the goodies they collected!

Rebel-Closet-DressRebel-Closet

And here are some of my other favorite picks from Rebel Closet- how pretty is that tribal print romper?

4
ONE- TWO- THREE


Coffee
Wayfarer Wandering-Ruby-Olive
Dividers

______________________________________
Follow Messages on a Napkin on:

BLOGLOVIN • FACEBOOK • PINTEREST • TWITTER •  MY SHOP!
______________________________________

17 comments :

  1. Does it really called a 'tent' dress? If I haven't
    read your blog I'd say its an A-Line dress :P
    Anywho you look lovely ^^ I love these type
    of dresses cuz it sorta covers your bodyflaws
    haha.. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS DRESS


    grace
    http://herumbrella.com
    http://outsidetheboxpapers.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg this dress! I think this is my favorite outfit of yours. Might have something to do with the twirliness of the dress!

    Mili from Call me, Maeby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!! That twirling pic!! Perfect :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look AMAZING in that brilliant dress, wow, what a beauty! I can only imagine you don't want to take it off, just perfect, great choice!! ♥

    Liana x
    Dress Code Chic

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everytime I listen to Stevie Knicks I immediately wish I was more boho, 70s hippie chic. And then I remember I live in present time in a snowpocolypse nation and that style would NOT work. Ugh!
    I love this tent dress, so flowy and gorgeous on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just wanted to say that I really enjoy your blog! Keep up the great work ♡

    PS: May I invite you to my giveaway?

    Win a SUITSUIT luggage set (value €407) on my blog:

    www.freshminhtea.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not asking for any particular reason, but Marlen, do you keep your closet under lock and key? *looks innocent*

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it on you! Spin all you want. =]

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great dress. Love the pictures of you twirling in it. And I really like your hat!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never seen a dress quite like that before.

    And yes, I totally get what you are saying about sometimes day dreaming of getting a boho wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Way to rock that tent dress! Haha and I definitely wouldn't mind swapping closets with Vanessa Hudgens :)

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh my, i'd most likely hate that dress on myself, but it looks amazing! your whole outfit is wonderful:-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE this! I've always been too scared to try a tent dress...you've inspired me to give one a go!

    http://roseandvintage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I admire your courage and sense of style, you look great!

    xx, rebecca
    awayinparadise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that you can totally rock this tent dress. I think I would look redic, but you look awesome! it goes perfectly with your hat!

    christen
    fashionplatecheapskate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Talk, talk, talk!

f16bf93391' type='text/javascript'/>