Spiced Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies

Nov 22, 2013

cookiescookies2

So seeing how I've been on a baking rampage recently (it might have to do with the fact that Marc and I are cooking our first Thanksgiving dinner together this year!) I thought I'd share some of my recipes. Excuse me while I tie my apron on, sit you at the table, and take out my tin box of recipe clippings, haha. First up is this batch of spiced pumpkin and oatmeal cookies. I swear to God they taste just like pumpkin scones from Starbucks- they're so cozy and perfect with a cup of coffee while you're working away on your blog. I originally got the recipe from Chow, but I made a few tweaks to make it more spiced. Jump down to see!

cookies1 copy

INGREDIENTS:

For the cookies:
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/3 cups rolled oats
  • 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon all spice
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 2 sticks (8 ounces) unsalted butter, at room temperature
  • 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 large egg, at room temperature
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin purée (NOT pie filling!!)
For the glaze:
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 3 tablespoons and 1 teaspoon milk (not nonfat)
  • 2 tablespoons maple syrup
  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon nutmeg

Let's Get started!
  1. Heat the oven to 350°F while you get the ingredients together
  2. Whisk the flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, all spice and salt together in a medium bowl.
  3. In a separate bowl, mix the butter and sugars together until fluffy. Then add the egg and vanilla and mix until incorporated. 
  4. Take the bowl with the dry ingredients and add half of the flour mixture to the butter and sugar bowl while mixing. Then add half of the pumpkin and mix. Repeat with the remaining flour mixture and pumpkin.
  5. Add the cookie dough onto baking sheets and bake for 22 minutes.

For the Glaze:
  1. Whisk all the ingredients into a medium bowl and whisk until combined. Then take a fork and dip it into the glazed mixture, and drizzle it over the cookies! Let the cookies sit for about 30 minutes until the glaze has set, then enjoy!

I hope you love these treats as much as I do ;)


Coffee
Leading-Articles Larkspur
Dividers


______________________________________
Follow Messages on a Napkin on:

BLOGLOVIN • FACEBOOK • PINTEREST • TWITTER •  MY SHOP!
______________________________________

10 comments :

  1. !!! I am DEFINITELY gonna make these. I love oatmeal cookies and anything pumpkin. I'll probably adjust the recipe to use molasses and agave syrup instead of sugar. . . will def. let you know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, Marlen- these look incredible! Anything pumpkin spice is right up my alley :) Thanks for sharing! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yaaaay!! Good job with baking these goodies,
    they look gorgeous and delicious c: Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word, these look so amazing and delicious!! Brilliant recipe, would love to try it! The pictures are super lovely, thanks for sharing!! ♥

    Liana x
    Dress Code Chic

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your first Thanksgiving together? That is seriously too precious. I hope it all works out splendidly for you. This is my first Thanksgiving being one of "the adults" at dinner and bringing dessert. It's a daunting task, considering I am the only vegan in my family -- so I gotta bring three different desserts to really wow them. XD

    This is an excellent recipe! It's super easy for me to substitute my vegan-ness in here. Thank you!

    love,
    a

    www.missdecaf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uh, yum! These sounds AMAZING! I'll have to try making a gluten free version!

    -Becca
    Ladyface Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ummmmm... If you have any of these leftover, you are more than welcome to send them to me! They won't last long in my house!


    : signe : the daily savant :
    : blogspot
    : bloglovin
    PS~ … grab a holiday gift or bundle up with something from : the savant shop :

    Custom Nail Polish Giveaway
    Cake Pop Giveaway
    Military-Inspired Necklace Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  8. This recipe looks DELICIOUS- oatmeal cookies are my favorite. Thanks for sharing, love!

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. I finally made these, and they are SO GOOD.

    ReplyDelete

Talk, talk, talk!

f16bf93391' type='text/javascript'/>