Prep in Your Step

Nov 5, 2013

flicka3flicka1
HAT: Urban Outfitters| SHOES: Urban Outfitters| SKIRT: thrifted (similar: here and here| TIGHTS: Forever 21| SHIRT: c/o Flicka och pojke

When I first discovered Flicka och pojke I was all "goldmine!" They're a store that focuses on the preppier things in life, stocking their hangers with vintage Ralph Lauren, Brooks Brothers, Yves Saint Laurent, and more. When I was first scrolling through their picks, I was kind of reminded of the polo match scene in Pretty Woman- it's all clean lines, tailored silhouettes, and preppy but sporty blazers, knit sweaters, and skirts. I could so imagine the women wearing those same blazers while holding their champagne glasses and patching up the holes in the grass with their tasseled shoes or block-heeled sandals! 

My pick from their store was this fun red and white striped shirt- I love how the stripes are going in different directions! I wanted to keep it neutral but add a quirky twist to it, so I went the preppy route and paired it with a denim skirt and a ribbon tied into a bow at the collar. But then to make things a little more interesting, I popped a Hawaiian print cap on just to spice things up ;)

If you want to get some more prep in your step, be sure to check out Flick och pojke here!

FlickaFlicka2

And here are some of my other favorite picks from Flicka och pojke for your viewing pleasure:

selections

Coffee
swanky-fox  super-queenie-retro
Dividers

______________________________________
Follow Messages on a Napkin on:

BLOGLOVIN • FACEBOOK • PINTEREST • TWITTER •  MY SHOP!
______________________________________

16 comments :

  1. Love this!

    xo!

    Pirate Hart
    www.piratehart.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving that shirt looks great on you and the way you styled it. mywhiteT.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your outfit--especially that top and your shoes! So cute!

    ~Vicki
    decked out in ruffles

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this shirt. So cool and yes so 90s, my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely amazing! Your shirt reminds me of candy canes :)

    Hayfa
    http://www.londonloafers.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That shirt is the coolest thing ever! I also like how the stripes go in different directions! I feel like it will go with just about everything in anyone's closet! :]

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an amazing outfit! I love the striped shirt. I keep repeating myself, but I'll say it again: I'm so in love with your styling skills!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look adorably geeky (in the best way possible!!) I love this. Such a great blouse!
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this outfit. That shirt and tie were made for eachother.

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seconding what Jenna said. The shirt + the hat = perfect

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is SO cool, I reaally fell in love with the shirt, so adorable and love it paired with the denim skirt! The cap is ultra cute and a perfect finish! Just..awesome! <3

    Liana x
    Dress Code Chic

    ReplyDelete
  12. somehow this looks so adorable! Love the whole look! :)

    xoxo

    WWW.ZERXZASTYLE.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like all of those differing types of stripes! That's a really cool look!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like how the stripes are going different directions too. And bow adds a perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this blouse! Although I am a sucker for anything that could ever be remotely nautical. Also, you should know, your about link on the side doesn't work - I know because I wanted to check it out after I laughed a lot when I read your little mini bio on the front page :P

    jess | Quaintrelle

    ReplyDelete
  16. This striped shirt really is awesome. The different direction-ed stripes are a nice twist on a classic print. It's kind of nautical - especially paired with your blue denim skirt. Nautical is always good in my book!

    ReplyDelete

Talk, talk, talk!

f16bf93391' type='text/javascript'/>