Pompoms and Jumanji

Nov 4, 2013

sourpuss-knits-etsysourpuss-knits-hat
HAT: c/o Sourpuss Knits| DRESS: vintage (similar: here| SHOES: Urban Outfitters| TIGHTS: Forever 21

Have I mentioned how obsessed I am with pairing bright beanies with dresses? I think it might have popped up in conversation, oh say, once or twice? Or twenty-seven times, but who's even counting. I just can't get over the quirky, wintery touch it gives outfits and this Sourpuss Knits one is just perfect. I've been scouring my closet this past week trying to find other dresses I can match-make it with, and the pattern mixing is just amazing. Sourpuss Knits has a bunch of other colors and patterns too (as well as cowls and scarves!) so make sure to pop on over and check them out here

Also, seeing how it was mine and Marc's two year anniversary yesterday, we went all out and ordered pizza while watching the whole last season of Dexter (the ending equals heavy sigh/ nose bridge pinch). Afterwards, we decided to cap off the night with a not-so-friendly, heated game of Scrabble. In our house, Hasbro is the devil. It's been breaking up families since 1961, in my  solemn opinion. I don't know what it is about their board games, but I swear to God it's the equivalent of dusting off the Jumanji board. As you warily lift that red and white lid you can almost hear the strained beats of the congo drums. Shit gets real. I can't even tell you how many times we've broken up while furiously flipping through the dictionary pages, challenging this word and that. I don't know why we thought we should give it a go on our anniversary, but we did. And all I will tell you is this: I scored a triple-triple word score of 117 points and Marc still somehow won. 

The bastard is hiding tile pieces in his pajamas, I just know it. *congodrumscongodrums*

Sourpuss-knits-beanieSourpuss-Knits

And here are some other tasty tidbits from Sourpuss Knits, for your browsing pleasure!

Selections


Coffee
traces-remain Tanaka-Vintage
Dividers

______________________________________
Follow Messages on a Napkin on:

BLOGLOVIN • FACEBOOK • PINTEREST • TWITTER •  MY SHOP!
______________________________________

27 comments :

  1. super!:)) xo
    Bianka
    http://ruhamania.blogspot.hu/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I miss board games... You've inspired me...
    Hope
    hchdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Scrabble is Patrick and I's favorite game! Happy anniversary again! This is a very cute dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I am just as obsessed with your hat as you are. It's amazing! Since recently cutting my hair I've had a harder time styling beanies though, *tear*. I don't have cute bangs to have poking out, so its kind of just me and my cheeks poking out haha!
    Happy anniversary to you guys! I'm so glad another couple realizes the importance of celebrating with pizza :)
    xo Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  5. SCRABBLE! The fiercest game known to man! Love the mintiness of the beanie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely dress and beanie combination c:
    Especially the dress is nice! Bummer
    to hear about your boardgame
    experience really :P Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the hat! I have a go-to old fuchsia beanie that needs to begin reappearing from the depths of my scary, scary closet.

    <3 dani
    www.shopdisowned.com
    http://blog.shopdisowned.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aasdlfjash I always LOVE how fun and unique your outfits are. Love the bright and fun beanie. Way to bring some fun into some seriously drab weather, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. AMAZING post as always dear, so much fun reading them! ^^ YES, bright beanies definitely rule! <3 And love how you styled this cutey! Sounds like you had a wonderful day, YAY! <3

    Liana x
    Dress Code Chic

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your anniversary! Two years - that's such a milestone!
    You look adorable in that dress! There really is something about a collared dress and a beanie that just makes an outfit look so effortlessly cute and cool at the same time. You totally nailed it!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the shoes that you paired with this outfit! I am always afraid of pairing open-toed shoes with leggings/tights!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sorry you lost! But you're totally winning in this dress.

    Kate from Clear the Way

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy anniversary! Wow, you guys are Scrabble champs. I love the idea of a game night on your anniversary...I need to convince my boyfriend to love board games as much as I do.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think that's a great combo, beanies are somehow so cute with dresses! :)

    xoxo

    WWW.ZERXZASTYLE.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  15. haha! Last night we specifically played yahtzee because we thought boggle would get too violent. It doesn't mean that yahtzee wasn't a little violent!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful dress, I love the print!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love how playful and daring your style is! I don't know anyone else who could pull off a bright beanie with a feminine dress!

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the dress!! Also the beanie looks so cute with it! It's a nice twist!
    xx

    www.salted-roses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Anniversary! Sounds like such a fun (competitive) night! This look is absolutely adorable. Love the colorful beanie!

    xo Amy

    ReplyDelete
  20. In the pictures, this dress looks like it has such a neat texture. Love the A-line cut!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Haha, oh man your scrabble adventures remind me of when my grandmother and I play scrabble. She always let me use the dictionary (even though it is technically against the rules) and I would take forEVER sometimes. She never complained though :). I hate it when you get a huge score like that and your opponent still wins! SIGH. Haha. board games are the best.
    Your style just gets more and more impeccable as time goes on. Each outfit has such depth and interest. The pattern on this dress is especially nice.
    Happy two years! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. You have the cutest style, that I'm slightly envious off, because I could never pull off the outfits you wear. You wear em all so well! You look adorable!

    Dhruvi
    Stilettos & Sequins

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love that dress! What a find! That pattern is one of a kind.

    xx,
    Becky
    cellajane.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the print on that dress Marlen, so pretty. Is it a dress layered under it as well or a button up? So clever w/ your layering and I adorable that super colorful beanie. I was just perusing her etsy shop last night for far too long when I should’ve been sleeping already. I don’t know how to knit or crochet so I’m baffled how she can make such cool patterns. I remember you before talking about the arguments over board games and will never get tired of hearing it. Sounds like such a lovely, passionate and fun relationship! Oh, and thanks for your sweet comment : )
    Cuddly Cacti
    Mitla Moda

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your description of the scrabble game had me cracking up.

    Like the collar poppin' out of that dress :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk, talk, talk!

f16bf93391' type='text/javascript'/>