Kitchen Sweets

Nov 18, 2013

my-little2
my-littlemy-little1

Ever since I got into baking this month, I started looking at my kitchen accessories with a more critical eye. No longer does tucking a bath towel into my skirt band work as an apron- I want a really cute one I can tie around my waist. Large tupperware containers no longer pass as mixing bowls in my book- I want pretty candy-colored ones I can display happily in my cabinets. And one thing I've had on my radar that I really wanted to check off of my list was a butter dish. There's always a little bit of buttah left over when I bake cookies, and it's always a mess trying to squish it back into its box. So when I saw this adorable face one from My Little Belleville I almost lost my mind. 

When slowly collecting my pieces, I knew I wanted quirky little items with some character to them. I love the feeling of knick-knacks and My Little Belleville offers just that. Michelle, the artist, specializes in bringing her kitchenware to life by painting interesting faces onto just about anything, and the outcome is deliciously quirky. Just check out some of my favorite pieces from her below: 


Aren't they so fun?! I want them all for my kitchen, and I think they'd make such a fun present for anyone for the upcoming holidays (I know I'd love one- hint hint to my papabear that's reading ;)) 

And if you'd like to get your feet wet with these awesome creations then you're in luck! Today Michelle is offering one lucky reader their choice of a print or card! To enter all you have to do is:

  1. Mandatory Entry: Comment with your favorite item from their store and follow their Instagram
  2. Bonus Entry: Follow their blog
This is open to US readers only and will run for a week- good luck!


a Rafflecopter giveaway


______________________________________
Follow Messages on a Napkin on:

BLOGLOVIN • FACEBOOK • PINTEREST • TWITTER •  MY SHOP!
______________________________________

23 comments :

  1. Oh, that butter dish IS adorable. I really like this Seul Iphone Case because it reminds me of a classic whiteface clown (yes, there are different types of clowns and yes, I know what they are....)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha omg these are just the kind of items that say "chill out bro" :D haha so fun!

    xoxo

    WWW.ZERXZASTYLE.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love the face vase and all of the egg cups.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are cute in small parts, but I'd freak out if I walked into a kitchen with a FULL collection of faces. Wish I had my own place; I'd totally grab some of these. =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are all so cute! And good inspiration for a DIY :) http://bethebteam.blogspot.co.uk/ xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That butter dish is amazing! I have been looking for a good butter dish for ages, and I never thought to look on Etsy. Definitely checking out this shop!
    xo
    Kristina
    www.eccentricowl.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the faces! They're extra adorable and I would way to keep those in an open cabinet for the world to see. :P

    love,
    a

    www.missdecaf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute are these! I totally agree, in that I love quirky knick knacks :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. And I like the butter dish the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eee, so cute! Haha I'm entering this one, I can't resist a little bowl from them. That Striped Face Dessert Plate is too cute

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww how adorable!! Great post :) Hope you can drop by my blog as well :The Sassy Theory click here And maybe follow me too? Just let me know if you already did and I will surely follow you back! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am also lately trying to chose kitchenware with more pizzazz ;) Love Michelle's faces on kitchen accessories, and the plants vases will definitely be on my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  13. If I could just have everything you've posted up here, I'd be very happy!

    Problem is with us is that as we slowly collect, we have so many different styles we like it's often higgeldy piggeldy, but not in a good way :)

    Hmm maybe...

    ReplyDelete
  14. P.S. is this available to the UK the competition?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Too cute! if only I knew how to cook properly! xx

    blancheneve.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, soo soo adorable, love this so much, their store is truly amazing! I cannot get over how great this is http://www.etsy.com/listing/165099262/connected-dotted-dinner-plates?ref=shop_home_active ♥

    Thanks for another fab giveaway hun!

    Liana x
    Dress Code Chic

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh my gosh, the butter thing...so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those are super cute! I absolutely love the butter dish.

    Laura
    www.lauraneuzeth.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the mugs and the Frida print!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I adore the Crow Girl greeting card!
    -Sierra

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am in great need of salt and peper shakers! *fingers crossed* http://www.etsy.com/listing/170041195/square-face-salt-pepper-shakers?ref=shop_home_active

    Thank you for the opportunity! ♥

    Liana x
    Dress Code Chic

    ReplyDelete
  22. The Radish Gardening Gloves are the cutest things ever!!!

    ReplyDelete

Talk, talk, talk!

f16bf93391' type='text/javascript'/>