Interesting Mixes

Nov 27, 2013

victoria-westburyvictory-westbury-vestvictoria-westbury-vintage-vest
SHIRT: Urban Outfitters (similar here (only$10!) and here)| SKIRT: H&M (similar here)| VEST: c/o Victoria Westbury| BOOTIES: Macy's| TIGHTS: Forever 21

This orange top is one of those things that guys don't understand. When I first bought it Marc was all, "okay there Brad Pitt in Fight Club"- to which I could only laugh because in all seriousness it really does look like something Tyler Durden would rock. And then this Victoria Westbury vest is another thing that guys would snicker at. When I first showed him what I got he quirked his head and mentioned he was worried I was now heading down a Mr. Rogers-esque path with my wardrobe. One that, quite frankly, I'd be more than happy with but would probably lose all hotness points in haha. But in response I just stuck my tongue out and told him to just watch. 

So what did I do? Add one Tyler Durden shirt, one Mr. Rogers vest, and one A-line skirt and voila! A super sweet outfit that makes people eat their words ;)

victoria-westbury-vintage victoria-westbury-vest-vintage

And while this vest is a basic piece, pop over and check out some of the pretty dresses Victoria Westbury has in stock- I'm totally keeping an eye on that lime green velvet number!

selections


Coffee Seam-Designs sawtooth-vintage Dividers

______________________________________
Follow Messages on a Napkin on:

BLOGLOVIN • FACEBOOK • PINTEREST • TWITTER •  MY SHOP!
______________________________________

17 comments :

  1. Totally a Tyler Durden shirt, I love it!! Looks great layered with the vest and under the skirt! Such a pretty combination :)
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I've never actually seen Fight Club, but I do think it's an awesome shirt! I love it with the skirt! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the mix! I definitely never thought of pairing those things either! I've been craving to buy collared dresses, but it's been hard for me to find ones in my price range/style and now I know what to do to at least have the illusion of a collared dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I truly do believe you are the master when it comes to layering! I absolutely adore this skirt of yours and every time you style it I fall in love even more! I've been on the hunt for a similar one... the hunt continues. The orange and red look great on you too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want that shirt. I will steal it off your body if I ever get the chance. Seriously, it's amazing. Haha! And I love Marc's reaction to the individual items! I love this whole outfit. I think I've said it before, but that skirt is awesome!
    Also, the lime green velvet dress! If only I wasn't pregnant and could fit into it...
    Happy almost Thanksgiving!
    xo
    Kristina
    www.eccentricowl.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha I didn't think "Tyler Durden" when I first saw this outfit but now that you got the idea into my head, that's the only thing I can think of now. It looks divine on you with that floral blouse :] Brad Pitt would be proud! :D

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! Haha, way to stick it to them for doubting you :P
    Red and orange work so well together - I'm inspired to try this color combo now. So perfectly festive for Thanksgiving :)

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really a super cute look! I love how the colors look together!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great outfit!!!! Totally in love with it, I must copy it right away :) hahahaha, now I need to find the Tyler Durden appropiate shirt :) (loved that reference!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is seriously one of the cutest outfits I've seen from you (and that's saying something). Hope your boy thinks so too and is doubting no more.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh I love your top! Your entire outfit is awesome though :)
    http://afairynamedfay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, what a beauty! ♥ Truly in love with the colour scheme, everything works so well together! And that skirt is soo brilliant! Perfect as always!

    Liana x
    Dress Code Chic

    ReplyDelete
  13. How cute! It all fits together so well! Btw, I thought I'm the only "crazy" one who wears white tights but you rock them too! Love the whole combo :)

    xoxo

    WWW.ZERXZASTYLE.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww, I totally love this! Floral + collar always gets me. And Tyler Durden never looked this sweet--we all know it :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE this outfit! That orange top is just darling and looks amazing with everything you paired it with. I hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving yesterday!

    -Becca
    Ladyface Blog

    ReplyDelete
  16. It would be hard for me to pick a fave look of yours, but this would definitely be in the top 10. I LOVE that skirt, and the orange and red together.
    --Lily
    Fifth Freedom Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  17. These colors are just fabulous together! You are the queen of warm fall tones!

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete

Talk, talk, talk!

f16bf93391' type='text/javascript'/>