Gobble Gobble Till it Wobble

Nov 29, 2013

thanksgivingthanks1thanksbottle-blonde-dressbottle-blonde

To all my Americanos, how was your Thanksgiving? This year Marc and I were away from our families and so not to fall into a black cloud of depression we made a shindig of our own. Originally I just wanted to go to a restaurant and have someone else slave for me, but he convinced me it'd be much more fun if we asked our mom's for their recipes and tried our hand at it! And it actually turned out pretty darn scrumptious, so it all turned out amazing- there was even a heavy food coma involved!

And dressing up for the holidays is my favorite thing to do (I constantly force my family to spruce up when thy would rather just go for the jeans) and Thanksgiving is a fun one because of all the warm berry colors involved. I picked this Bottle Blonde Vintage sleeveless turtleneck out specifically for the burgundy tones, and I knew I'd have some layering fun since it didn't have any sleeves. To spruce it up I paired it with some wine colored tights and slipped a navy turtleneck underneath to keep warm. I was going to leave it at that originally but I looked a little too "color block-y" so I grabbed my trusty utility vest and cinched it with a belt to bring the look together. I love the way it turned out- it was just the right amount of fancy and cozy! And if you'd like to snap up a holiday season dress of your own, I'd highly recommend Bottle Blonde Vintage- they have so many cute ones!

bottle-blonde-vintagebottle-blonde-vintage-dress

And in case you're into the Black Friday shopping but want to avoid getting punched in the eye, Pretty Cat Vintage is having a 30% off sale that will last till Christmas and also applies to international purchases! And my store Bear and Twine is also having an under $20 sale, so go check that out too!

And here are some of my favorite picks from Bottle Blonde Vintage, in case you need some holiday dressing inspiration ;)

Coffee past-for-present parasol-vintage Dividers


______________________________________
Follow Messages on a Napkin on:

BLOGLOVIN • FACEBOOK • PINTEREST • TWITTER •  MY SHOP!
______________________________________

14 comments :

  1. I love the print of your dress! I think I can always count on you to wear a fantastic print!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know life's good when it ends up in a heavy food coma. So go you for takin' the time to bake things! yeeeee haw!

    I adore that dress, ermergerd. The collar/turtleneck whateva it's called in fashion world is RAD HANDS DOWN. Hands down rad. Can't type. Late at night.

    HOPE YA HAD A GOOD 'UN SWEETHART

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that the first photo of berries kinda matches your holiday dress! It sounds like you and Marc had a nice time even without parental home cooking :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's great that you did all that cooking! And this outfit is perfect for Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol Black Friday yields some of the craziest shoppers out there...I went later and avoided the crazy, punching crowd thankfully.
    Anyway, looks like you had a scrumptious Thanksgiving, and you layered beautifully for it! I adore that print dress and the olive vest on top. Perfect combo! :)

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your belt and the effect it gives

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha: "to go to a restaurant and have someone else slave for me" :')
    Homemade food somewhat taste the best in my opinion ;) Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy belated Thanksgiving, Marlen! So nice that you and Marc had your own little celebration. Really loving that dress! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That dress is so lovely! Adore how you paired it with the jacket! xx

    blancheneve.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love dressing up for Thanksgiving too :) That dress is so perfect and I love the colors that you chose to pair with it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That dress is too cute! Love your blog! Now following!
    xoxo
    e
    nine-fortytwo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. You must be so proud of yourself for cooking the Thanksgiving meal all on your own! I'm so glad that it turned out well :) And I LOVE your dress!

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete
  13. Marlen, I think you should teach classes about layering. You are just brilliant at it! Sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's so awesome you guys ended up trying the recipes! My first Thanksgiving away from the fam my roommate and I did that and it was really fun and we felt so proud of ourselves for actually cooking :) I love the print on this dress! My fam prefers jeans (or pajamas) on holidays and I'm always a leeetle over dressed compared to everyone else ;) I just read that you're moving back to Chicago- congrats on the opportunity!

    ReplyDelete

Talk, talk, talk!

f16bf93391' type='text/javascript'/>