Fremont Market

Nov 11, 2013

 photo 2e4dde35-bb7a-4b52-a08d-2dbe2c3d8165_zpsbfb5d9ea.jpg



 photo 5e384674-8bcd-4ffa-a6c6-1e98ef0c85d1_zps50fc5d7e.jpg photo fremont-seattle-2_zpseab76272.jpg

First thing is first: my shop Bear and Twine is having a HUGE sale where everything is under $20! I'm trying to clear everything out so go and take a peek here! Now onto our regularly scheduled programming.

Marc and I've been feeling antsy lately and a little stir-crazy, so we decided to flag down a bus and hightail our way over to Fremont yesterday. They were having their Sunday Market, so what better way to spend an afternoon than looking for treasures tucked away a midst junk, and be tempted by the siren song of parked food trucks. While strolling around, we found one booth where an artist took cheesy landscape paintings and then painted in fun scenes like Ron Swanson drawing his pistol, Mario going down his green tunnel, or Yoda looking up a skirt mischievously (naughty little guy haha). I wanted to pretty much clear out his booth, but my empty wallet advised otherwise. Such a party pooper, that wallet.

 photo 60139c0f-865d-4f48-89bd-58d4e9dc2e44_zpsfd8053d1.jpg photo f8178c66-f26a-4dbb-9582-76febef2930b_zps2e384757.jpg
Flicka3 photo 6ad6afc5-ab33-4a2e-aeaa-2c5d4dbeb4a1_zpsd14b464e.jpgFlicka
SHIRT: c/o Flicka och Pojke| JEANS: thrifted (similar here, here, and here)| COAT: thrifted (similar here and here only $18!) | SHOES: Urban Outfitters (similarish here and here)| PURSE: Urban Outfitters (similar here and here)| BELT: thrifted

Since I knew I was going to be walking around all day and it's getting chillier by the minute over here in the PNW, I decided to put on my Princess Diana jeans and Flicka och Pojke collared blouse. And before you say "Um Marlen, those are 80's mom jeans, not princess jeans", I'll advise you to take a moment and google "Princes Di casual", and you'll see her in these same pants and then you'll see me. So there. And like I mentioned before, Flicka och Pojke reminds me of the polo match scene in Pretty Woman- it's all clean lines, tailored silhouettes, fishermen sweaters, and champagne glasses over there. I chose this red and white striped shirt and decided to do it preppy justice by slipping on some oxfords and a simple camel coat. I love the outcome!

 photo fremont-seattle-4_zps1f5da820.jpg photo ccc34c42-99db-48fb-98fd-955b8e62a053_zps7026602e.jpg
flicka2ficka4

And here are some of my other favorite picks from Flicka och pojke for your viewing pleasure:
selections



Coffee
silver-silhoette secret-lake
Dividers
______________________________________
Follow Messages on a Napkin on:

BLOGLOVIN • FACEBOOK • PINTEREST • TWITTER •  MY SHOP!
______________________________________

23 comments :

  1. So rare to see you in pants but you are rocking them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look lovely in denim pants c:
    And this market is my favorite kind of
    spots to snif around really. I love those
    wooden boxes! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though we're in perpetual fall in San Francisco, I'm loving the rich fall/winter elements popping up around. This post now has me itching to go to a flea market.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love how relaxed and still put-together this outfit is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My wallet is a party pooper too. Whyyyy. Also those are definitely princess pants! I love them with that awesomely stripe-y top. I'm especially in love with your classic camel coat though. It looks so nice and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great thing to get out of the house for. I'd love to visit here. Also, I would really seriously love to buy from your shop right now but I'm so broke!

    Kate from Clear the Way

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pants on you.. that coat.. wow.. LOVE!
    Hope
    hchdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love seeing how your style your clothes! :) Your style is so uniquely yours!

    Abi
    aka The Belated Bloomer

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm loving the outcome as well! You certainly did this striped blouse justice :)
    And wow, are those jeans you're wearing? Haha, way to rock them Marlen! I'm just not used to seeing you in pants

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  10. You take some gorgeous pictures, Marlen. I absolutely love them.

    I also love your striped top and that coat! I still have coat envy but it just doesn't want to get cold here.

    Laura
    www.lauraneuzeth.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had that exact same belt growing up! I never rocked it as chicly as you did here, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't have any jeans but I do like yours as they are modest in style!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This shirt is quickly becoming my favorite of yours! The pattern is cute and unique but I like how it looks super classy too, especially buttoned all the way (which is my favorite way too but sometimes my fat neck gets in the way). Also totally just googled Princess Di Casual and you nailed it. No mom jeans here!
    xo Hannah

    http://thebraidedbandit.blogspot.com
    http://thebraidedbandit.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, this is just perfection! <3 In love with our outfit hun, the Princess Di jeans are awesome and looove how you styled them! ♥ Adore the coat and bag as well! So yes, pretty much everything! You look adorable as always!!

    Liana x
    Dress Code Chic

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look ready to paint the town! Yay for those Princess Diana jeans! :]

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  16. I adore this shirt! That honey looks amazing too.

    You've became an instant fav as soon as I found you last week :)

    Tiffany Ima
    Style Honestly

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I love markets like that! Great outfit too!

    xo Lisa | Making Life's Lemons

    ReplyDelete
  18. I KNEW you would style those jeans perfectly! Haha, as soon as I scrolled down and saw them, I was like "It's the Diana jeans!!!" so satisfied I was right.
    I want to go to this market. But my wallet would probably be a party pooper, too. Wallets are mean.
    xo
    Kristina
    www.eccentricowl.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is the perfect outfit and I'm OBSESSED with that blouse.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your blouse, it works so well together with your jeans. Those brogues are just so quirky and adorable :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the princess jeans, and the asymmetric stripes of the blouse! The nosh counter is pretty cool too...I will have to visit once I'm back home!

    mi vivere

    ReplyDelete

Talk, talk, talk!

f16bf93391' type='text/javascript'/>