Fall Sniffles

Nov 17, 2013

fremont-seattle-11fremont-seattle-10the-seam-designs-5the-seam-designs-4the-seam-designs
SCARF: c/o The Seam Designs (get the same one here)| DRESS: for sale in my shop here!| SHIRT: Forever 21| BOOTIES: Macy's

Sooo has anyone else been hit with the Fall sniffles? Our apartment has officially turned into a quarantine, where we walk around with blankets over our shoulders and have chicken soup simmering on the stove exclusively. The breakout started on Thursday, when we were supposed to go adventuring through a rain forest here in Washington. We woke up bright and early, laced up our boots and shrugged on our backpacks and were all ready to go...when Marc turned pale and said he was going back to bed to die. 

So here we are on a Sunday, shaking off the last of it and melting of boredom indoors. I don't think I've ever watched so many bad Netflix movies in my life. But anywho, now that we're feeling better we decided to poke our noses out from under the blankets and go hang out in Fremont just to give us some space from those four walls we call home. And seeing how wearing my old high school sweatpants wouldn't be socially acceptable in public (they're cherry red and the size of a child's tent), I went for something that felt like jammies but didn't earn you the same sneers. Like, say, the coziest infinity scarf I can get my hands on? The Seam Designs oatmeal scarf was just the perfect thing to pop on top of my polka dot maxi (which is for sale in my store here) and instantly kept me warm and snuggly while I willed my body to do verbs all afternoon. This scarf goes with just about everything and anything- with dresses, grandpa sweaters, over sized cardigans- anything you can think of! And if you like this one in particular, check out the Seam Designs here and see all the other colors they have to offer! 

fremont-seattle-15
fremont-seattle-13
the-seam-designs-3the-seam-designs-1fremont-seattle-8
the-seam-designs-2
fremont-seattle-16

And this is how I wore this Seam Designs knit scarf in this post- see, it makes everything cozy!

the-seam-designs-infinity-scarf

And Seam Designs doesn't only make scarves- it makes all sorts of knit accessories. Below are some of my favorite items from them, just to give you an idea of the awesomeness of this ;) 

selections

                                      ONETWOTHREE

And if you've fallen smitten with their designs like I have, then you're in luck! Today Lyndsay, the clever creator, is offering one lucky reader a grey bow headband, which would be oh-so perfect to keep those ears warm during winter. To enter all you have to do is:

  1. Comment with your favorite item from The Seam Designs and like their Facebook page.

That's it! This is open to US readers only and will run for one week- good luck!

a Rafflecopter giveaway


Coffee
Logans-Clothing little-veggie
Dividers

______________________________________
Follow Messages on a Napkin on:

BLOGLOVIN • FACEBOOK • PINTEREST • TWITTER •  MY SHOP!
______________________________________

47 comments :

  1. man your pictures of around town are always so pretty. and you always look amazing in long dresses! i wish i could pull them off like you can. hope you're all recovering quickly, we're just perpetually stuffy w/ it so dry all the time here. & hmm on the scarves, tricky tricky. i love the little kid bear beanie but i suppose i'd look a little goofy trying to squeeze my head into that so my next favs are prob the autumn scarf or the circle scarves, so many beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather Gray Oversized Circle Scarf, is everything I need & want!
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/164950150/heather-gray-over-sized-circle-scarf?ref=shop_home_active

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so sorry to hear that dear, glad the sniffles went away hehe! ^^ Haven't caught a cold yet surprisingly, although I always do this time of year. Fingers crossed this year's the exception!

    LOVE what you're wearing of course, super cute dress and brilliant layering! And yes, that knit scarf does make everything look cosy! Love it! Perfect as always! ♥

    Liana x
    Dress Code Chic

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the dress with the jean shirt, and the colour of the cardigan is completely amazing♥

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no, hope you're both feeling better. That must be the only downfall for cold weather for me, that pesky flu b****! Blah and it dampened your weekend adventure, such a party pooper. Dislike.

    SDMxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. These outfits are absolutely GORGEOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's my favorite scarf again! I love all the uses it's getting. And aw man, the sniffles suck. I'm starting to get them :/ Netflix time!
    I'm so entering this giveaway too, I'd LOVE the Emerald Green Cowl Scarf

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fall sniffles indeed - I feel like a walking germ-factory at the moment.
    On a sartorial note, I really love this look - I'm a sucker for polka dot anything so your dress really spoke to me!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know if I've made it clear how much I love your style, but it really does kick butt. You know how to layer like no other, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah- the Cold of Death has been going around here too. I've literally never seen a cold so bad. It is taking people down (like, have to call into work and/or school) for multiple days and weeks to be truly over. Ugh. Sounds like you guys got it too. Feel Better!

    Must say though, that maxi dress is great on you. Accentuates in a such a great way your slender-ness and height.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Being sick SUUUUCKS, but snuggling on the couch watching bad Netflix movies sounds awfulling appealing to me right now for some reason.
    You look adorable, this scarf looks so cozy, perfect with that polka dot dress :)
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I feel ya! I've been feeling all "ick" too.

    xo Lisa | Making Life's Lemons

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW I love your pictures sooo much. I had to start off by saying that first because that's what drew me into your blog in the first place.

    I'm sorry you're sick. I was pretty bad last weekend and I'm just getting over it now. Darn this weather.

    Ps. I of course love both looks but the very last one is my favorite. I would so totally wear that! Something JUST like that.

    http://northwestdressed.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awwww I hope the fall sniffles leave you alone soon! Having a stuffy nose is no fun :( But hey, at least you look cute :) Love your layering as always!

    Mili from Call me, Maeby

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love how you styled that dress! You look so comfy, but the weather looks too cold! At least to me >_<
    I hope you feel better soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't been sick so far this fall (KNOCK ON WOOD), but any excuse to snuggle up with bad cheesy movies is good for me! I love maxi dress!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope you feel better soon, being sick is no fun at all! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this outfit! The longer length of the dress looks lovely on you. Also, you should send me an email next time you're in Fremont! I'm usually just up the hill!

    -Becca
    Ladyface Blog

    ReplyDelete
  19. Perfect photographs! The fall sniffles got me bad... :( xx

    Olivia | Thoughts, fashion and beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the childs crocheted bear snoodie

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh i love your scarf! so versatile and cozy and cute! i will also be swiping your outfit idea and put a longsleeve top under a maxi dress soon. I've been putting things over them but never thought to put something UNDER one. doh! thanks for the inspiration :) and thanks for the font too! can't wait to use it soon!

    christen
    fashionplatecheapskate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh no, fall sniffles are the worst. It seems like everyone on my campus has been getting each other sick this week! On a brighter note, I love your polkadot dress :)

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the Over Sized Striped Circle Scarf!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Boo, sorry to hear you're sick! Feel better soon. Great shots, and lovely scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am loving the bow clips, especially the large red one!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am loving the hair bow clips, especially the large red one!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm glad you're feeling better! Colds are quite a nuisance. I love your outfit! That dress is too cute!

    ~Vicki
    decked out in ruffles

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ugh definitely had the sniffles too this weekend, and I couldn't even tell you how many bad films I've watched!

    That polka dot dress is amazing though, think I'd perk up if I got that :)

    Hmm maybe...

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh what a gorgeous outfit!
    You look so stunning!
    dimplesdiaries
    x

    ReplyDelete
  30. You look super warm and cozy. Seeing your pictures makes me wish it could just get colder here.

    Laura
    www.lauraneuzeth.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. I like the crocheted child's bear snoodie. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love the oversized striped autumn scarf! It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Ugh sickness :( I hope you feel better!
    The Beige Bear Snoodie is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  34. https://www.etsy.com/listing/170015059/reserved-for-diane?ref=shop_home_active

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love the speckled gray bow headband!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I adore this!
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/164967483/beige-bear-snoodie?ref=shop_home_active

    -Sierra

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love the beige circle scarf! Or the bear snood, how freaking cute is that!

    ReplyDelete
  38. https://www.etsy.com/listing/164959588/blue-mixed-cozy-cowl-scarf?ref=shop_home_active

    ReplyDelete
  39. I think https://www.etsy.com/listing/163149953/crocheted-purple-bow-headband is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love the Blue Mixed Cozy Cowl Scarf!! I'd love to give it to my tween for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love the Autumn Striped Over Sized Scarf. The color combo is perfect for an outfit I have.

    ReplyDelete
  42. I like the Oatmeal Crocheted Slouchy Hat

    ReplyDelete

Talk, talk, talk!

f16bf93391' type='text/javascript'/>