Can You Believe I Almost Gave This Away

Nov 25, 2013

New-Old-Fashion-Vintage-Etsy-DressNew-Old-FashionNew-Old-Fashion-Vintage-Etsy
SWEATER- Zara's (similar here and here)| DRESS- c/o New Old Fashion (similar here and here)| BELT- thrifted| BOOTS- Macy's (similar: here)| SOCKS- H&M men's

So about once every four months I have these rampant binges in my closet where I get the spirit of Taz the tazmanian devil inside me and tear through the innocent hangers with a vengeance. I usually get the sense that I'm turning into a hoarder-in-training (an entry level one, if you will) when I open the closet, so these type of cut-throat cleanses are totally necessary. And I don't take any prisoners in the process either. If I haven't worn it in the past two months and don't see myself styling it in the near future, out the window it goes. Which leads me to this knit sweater.

It's the type of sweater that is so huge and so cozy that it turns kind of...oblong. And it's so excessive that it's actually kind of hard to style in a none Mary-Kate-and-Ashley-bag-lady-years kind of way. So I usually just reach for it when I get cold in my sweatpants and wear it inside the house to get toasty.  Because, real talk, when I'm watching soap operas on the couch I don't really mind that one side of the hem is longer than the other. Which is why a month ago I almost tossed it away and admitted defeat that it wasn't such a good purchase. But for whatever reason I decided to give it just one last shot and root for the underdog- I mean, who knows, it could be just the perfect thing layered over a dress.

And ya guys, it is! When I received this gorgeous, plaid New Old Fashion Vintage dress my  mind instantly went to this sweater. The green and blues in the dress made me want to go all dark, and the sweater was the perfect thing to lighten things up a bit. And can we talk about how New Old Fashion is clearly the place to go for all things tartan and plaid?! I also got a woolen skirt from them that, I swear to God, was made in Fall's image. Go check them out here if you're in the mood to add some plaid into your closet!

New-Old-Fashion-Vintage


new-old-fashion-etsy-skirt

And this post!

New-Old-Fashion-Vintage-Plaid-Skirt

And here are some other favorites from them that I just can't stop drooling over- how pretty is that pumpkin spice color mod dress?


Coffee
Brown-Loves-Black brick-and-mortar
Dividers

______________________________________
Follow Messages on a Napkin on:

BLOGLOVIN • FACEBOOK • PINTEREST • TWITTER •  MY SHOP!
______________________________________

21 comments :

  1. that sweater looks crazy warm and perfect, don't ever throw it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a slouchy sweater with a shorter dress. You do it well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's times like this that I justify my anxiety attacks when I just can't let go of a piece from my closet. I love when they get new life like this! I love this cozy looking cardigan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am super into that sweater. We share an affinity for big comfy knitwear. If you ever do decide decide to toss it, toss it in my direction! Ha =P

    ReplyDelete
  5. At home, my girlfriends and I have a clothes swap every 6 months - it is good because you get new things, and you get a chance to grab it again in case you change your mind :)

    I love that plaid dress on you - so sweet!

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have been wearing some amazing plaid ensembles wowie wow! I adore that dress, it is simple but so perfect in color and style. I am kind of a clothes hoarder myself. It is very hard for me to get rid of anything because I always want to either re-purpose it or save it in case my style changes (as it tends to do). I need to get better at purging, haha. But I'm glad you didn't get rid of this cardi! A cozi piece like that can always be a good hot chocolate buddy if nothing else :). But it looks totally great with this dress too, what a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like this look! Good thing you didn't throw that sweater away! Kind of funny the one side is longer than the other, but hey... it looks great with the dress! :)

    XX Sonja
    www.redsonjafashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am SO glad you kept the sweater!! It is gorgeous on you :)

    xo www.inventedromance.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these plaid outfits you've been putting together! This one is definitely no exception: I'm in love with the dress. The colours are so pretty. And that hat looks awesome on you, you look like a true Parisienne.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sometimes certain clothing items take a bit of time before it just works. Love this cardigan and the dress is absolutely perfect :]

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the plaid on this dress! such pretty colors together. and that skirt w/ the beret is one of my very favs of yours still! i sometimes get rid of things and later regret it, but i have pretty good thrifting luck so i figure i'll replace it soon. i like this sweater though.
    Cuddly Cacti
    Mitla Moda

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the plaid on this dress! such pretty colors together. and that skirt w/ the beret is one of my very favs of yours still! i sometimes get rid of things and later regret it, but i have pretty good thrifting luck so i figure i'll replace it soon. i like this sweater though.
    Cuddly Cacti
    Mitla Moda

    ReplyDelete
  13. glad you didn't throw the cardi away, it looks so warm&comfy! i get far too attached to things, which makes cleaning out my wardrobe bit of an issue at times.. anyway, i also love that dress! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. That't the perfect cozy sweater! Glad you held onto it! :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable dress!

    Funny I have a very similar skirt! I am inspired to wear it now :)

    Tiffany Ima
    Style Honestly

    ReplyDelete
  16. I definitely have giant sweaters like that that I only have to wear around the house. This one looks oh so cozy!! I love it with the plaid dress :)
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the sweater styled like this! You look great.

    Kate from Clear the Way

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ha! I was pulled in by your FB plug where you said it was an example "over purging" which made me smile. I do like this outfit and feel that sweater (especially with plaid) seems cozy and good for icky days.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love that first outfit, you look so cozy and warm! amazing plaid dress :)
    -
    Ester @ Drawing Dreaming

    ReplyDelete
  20. I didn't even notice the sweater was oblong until you mentioned it because I was focused on your spectacular dress haha. You look tres chic :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk, talk, talk!

f16bf93391' type='text/javascript'/>