Pike's Place Market!

Oct 9, 2013

Pikes-Place-12


Pikes-Place-9Straylight-Vintage-1

On the first day my friends came to visit, it was about midnight by the time their plane touched Seattle ground, so the most we managed to do was eat greasy dollar burgers at Dick's and then whisper and laugh into our pillows on the air mattress in the living room while Marc slept on obliviously in our bedroom. But the second day, oh, I rolled up my sleeves and showed them my A-game. And first thing was first: Pike's Place. I don't care if I was there thirty times already, there's something about a market that will never loose its overwhelming, hodge-podge, kitschy charm. We were roaming those alleyways and corridors for hours, digging up treasures, buying each other flowers and ginger beers, and eating at every stand that caught us by the noses. It was amazing. 

Pikes-Place-8Pikes-Place-11Straylight-Vintage-DressPikes-PlacePikes-Place-6Pikes-Place-10Pikes-Place-7Straylight-Vintage-2

And on a more sartorial note, can we take a moment to talk about my Straylight Vintage turtleneck dress? After binge watching Diane Keaton circa 1970's, I became convinced I couldn't go on unless I got more turtlenecks into my life. And then when I saw a whole dress for sale, I jumped at the chance.  While it may, in theory, sound hard to pull off, I couldn't get over the layering possibilities! Imagine a slouchy sweater over it or a cardigan that's buttoned up all the way. But this time around I decided to just take a chambray shirt and tie it at the waist, and then tuck in the ties underneath so it looked like a cropped shirt (I also used the same dress layering in this post).

And how about this amazing statement necklace? When I first saw it at IKKX I had to bring a fluttering hand to my heart. You know I love huge necklaces, but I've never seen one quite like this. It was a show stopper but still minimalistic in its own way. And what makes it even more special is that Nao, the creator, makes each one of them individually. To see her other creations, check out IKKX here!

Straylight-VintagePikes-Place-5Pikes-Place-3 smallerPikes-Place-2
DRESS: c/o Straylight Vintage| NECKLACE: c/o IKKXBOOTIES: Macy's SHIRT: thrifted at men's section and then snipped off the sleeves| SOCKS: H&M, men's section


And since I nabbed this turtleneck dress, here are some other fall favorites from Straylight Vintage:
selections


Coffee
Jooleedoh Folk and Fables
Dividers

Linking up with: Mix and Match Fashion, Vodka Infused Lemonade, Glitz & Gold, Perfectly Coutured, Penniless Socialite  
______________________________________
Follow Messages on a Napkin on:

BLOGLOVIN • FACEBOOK • PINTEREST • TWITTER •  MY SHOP!
______________________________________

19 comments :

  1. I've heard such good things about this market!

    xo Lisa | Making Life's Lemons

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos! You have such awesome style!
    <3

    http://downtownhautefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That necklace looks AMAZING! It's so chunky and I love the kind of Tiffany Blue rings are. Also that gum wall looks gross but cool at the same time. I'll have to look for it next time I go to Seattle.

    Laura
    www.lauraneuzeth.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg that necklace is beyond amazing. what a statement!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your unique style! Thanks also for the fun tour of Seattle and for visiting us at pret-a-vivre.com. I'll have to come back and read more messages on a napkin :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I HAVEN'T COMMENTED ON YOUR BLOG IN WHAT FEELS LIKE AGES AND I AM OSSYRYRSYRYjsdfsd I have had so many midterms in the past week okay only like 3 but still that's a lot and I'msdfsdfsdf still truckin' along ok ok ok ok

    so I love how your outfits always look like they have some sort of asian cultural influence. I love it love liti love it. That big, chunky necklace is seriously rad and definitely a show stopper, and I love how minimalist it is, too! STAY CLASSY, LADY!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoa what a statement necklace you have there! Super cool!! Pikes Place Market sounds like a great adventure- I love those type of places that make you feel that way. So much more special when friends are there to join in on the fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Seattle so much, was there for my birthday last month:) every time I'm in town, I always go to the Market! Have you tried Crepe De France (it's in the market)? Best crêpes ever! They're made with fresh ingredients and huge! I wanna move to Seattle!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want your necklace so bad! Lusting after it hardcore. And this market sounds and looks like a dream! I want to go!

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely pictures! Love the necklace.
    xoxo

    www.cakeandcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE the necklace! Lovely photos as well! That gum wall looks... interesting :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love these pictures! I've never been to Seattle, but it's definitely on my list of places to see!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the pics, it's a really cool place!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha nice job being a city tourguide :P great
    pictures as well. And that wall of chewing gum is
    facinating! I want to add my part as well! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like you all had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've always wanted to go to Pike's Place. Your friends are so lucky!
    And wow, your necklace looks so fab!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  17. As always you look perfect, darling!

    xx
    Christina Klein
    http://bychristina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your outfit is all sorts of layering goodness! And that necklace, AMAZING.

    xx Krista
    www.sugarlovechic.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pike Place is always such fun. I haven't been there in ages! Love the pictures! And your dress is adorable!

    ~Vicki
    decked out in ruffles

    ReplyDelete

Talk, talk, talk!

f16bf93391' type='text/javascript'/>