Elliott Bay

Oct 14, 2013

Pier


pier3pier5Eado-Vintage-Dress-EtsyEado-Vintage-Etsy

Real talk, my apartment building can get a little The Hills Have Eyes-y what with all the strangers lurking in the basement floor, and the general dilapidatedness a hundred-year-old building comes with (here's looking at you mold farm on my bathroom ceiling). But it does come with some perks that evens the keel- mainly I see a volcano outside my kitchen window and I'm a stones throw away from the Bay. For a kid that grew up in a city her whole life, you have no idea how cool that is. I love falling asleep and hearing the curtains flap in the evening breeze, smelling the light, salty wind blowing in from across the water. 

And seeing how Tom and Lina grew up on the same block as I did in Chicago, they were just as star struck by the Bay as I was. There was about an hour's worth of snapping pictures of waves and horizons, ferries and sunsets, driftwood and pier rails. It was as if we never saw water, haha. 

Pier2pier7Eado-Vintage-Dress

Also, I can't get over this Eado Vintage dress- it's the perfect transition piece from an indian summer into fall. It's short sleeved and floral, which works just fine while you're out playing underneath the summer sun, but those same embroidered flowers are a burnt orange and golden yellow, which is so easy to style during autumn. Last time I styled it I paired it with a long sleeved polka dot shirt and a peacoatgoing for a more polished look. But this time around I went casual and popped in a bowed shirt underneath to give it some pizzazz and some red booties to make it more colorful. Eado Vintage has plenty more of pretty dresses, so if you're jonesing for a piece of your own, check out their Etsy shop here! Or see some of my favorite selections from them below :)

Eado-Vintage-Etsy-Dresspier4pier6 

And my embroidered dress isn't the only cute piece Eado Vintage has- see my favorite Fall picks below!: 
  selections



Coffee
Espressions Rust Belt Threads
Dividers
______________________________________
Follow Messages on a Napkin on:

BLOGLOVIN • FACEBOOK • PINTEREST • TWITTER •  MY SHOP!
______________________________________

31 comments :

  1. your hair looks nice Marlen!!! :) very edgy :) it's been a long time since i visited here..but as always, you have nice photos! and the outfit.. simple but very fashionable :)

    Thinkerbelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous dress, and it looks very beautiful there! Makes me loathe Detroit, which really lacks beauty and character in comparison. Ah, well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photos! Seattle is awesome--I need to get up there more often. I love that dress! Have you been to Elliott Bay Book Co.? I love it so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That first photo makes me wasn't to be there, walking around:-) you look lovely

    ReplyDelete
  5. Found you through the linkup!! Gorgeous photos!!! I do photography on the side, so I can always spot a great photo, hehe!! :) Hope you stop by and say hi! (www.jaxandmarbles.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  6. INCREDIBLE OUTFIT! I absolutely love it. gorgeous photographs too :)

    http://roseandvintage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. your pictures are truly gorgeous!! i love them all!! and if i lived near there i would be snapping pictures all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness your blog and photos are gorgeous! Glad you found my blog so I could find yours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I made Dilan promise to take me to Chicago one day soon! I love all these beautiful photos, excuse me while I day dream of an adventure!
    Also that dress is so pretty! Looking adorable as always!
    xo, Emma

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE that dress! And Elliot bay is so pretty.
    And I keep getting distracted by the pictures and forget what I was going to say. It's one of those days. OH well! Hehe.
    xo
    Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that you described your building as "the hills have eyes" that's frightening!!
    These photos are so gorgeous, love that neighborhood, I want to visit you! This dress is so gorgeous, perfect for fall

    ReplyDelete
  12. Marlen I love this look on you! And your neighborhood seems divine! As for growing a farm of mold... I feel your pain, went away for a week and came back to the most unwelcome moldy visitors...
    Hope
    hchdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another outfit that you hit OUT OF THE PARK, Marlen. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness those boots are amazing!
    -Becca
    www.whyshesings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your outfit - such a perfect Indian Summer/fall look.

    Also, your photos are UNBELIEVABLE! It must be a combination of awesome photography skills and stunning scenery. I'd love to visit!! It looks so picturesque :)

    xoxo Jackie
    somethingaboutthatthing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. So picturesque! And that's a great dress, definitely.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That dress is just so cute!

    xoxo,
    Laura
    http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is probably my favorite outfit by you so far - I can't get enough of that dress! It's so pretty!! And it looks amazing with your red ankle booties! Gorgeous!

    Haha "The Hills Have Eyes!" oh the wonders of apartment living! I totally know what you mean.

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow, that dress is so amazing!! xxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cute dress!
    xoxo

    www.cakeandcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I got really afraid when you talked about the Hills Have Eyes hahaha :) I'm such a chicken!
    I love your pictures, they are incredible and I think you look so nice!

    Lovely outfit & great post :)
    X Valérie
    scribblesofvalerie.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ah my goodness. I am so envious of your amazing photography skills. You always make the world, or at least your part of the world, like a magical place. I really like that in a person!

    Also I am digging this look. SO HAPPY! I love happy. The dress is quite stinkin' fantastic. And you look lovely in denim

    -Minda <3
    http://northwestdressed.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Loving the shots, your little cute booties and the dress! Perfect :).

    xx
    http://gita-oddsandends.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ok what! There's a volcano outside too! Holy moly why aren't I living there? It sounds dreamy, even if you have a third roomate taking residence in the bathroom!

    SDMxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the pictures, those photos at the water are beautiful! I love the outfit, I really like the pop of red your shoes bring to the outfit. I love that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely photos, dear. They all have such a cute vintage vibe to them, and I love it!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  27. How cute are you?! In love with this dress.

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete
  28. This outfit is perfect! I love this dress with the bow blouse layered underneath. It's like they were made to go together. The jean jacket and red boots are wonderful with this dress too. I love this!
    Also your neighborhood looks so adorable. Even with the creepy people in the basement of your building, it seems great!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love this outfit. So pretty and feminine. Love the red boots. Thank you for linking up. See you next Thursday.


    Agi:)

    vodkainfusedlemonade.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Such an adorable dress!! I love how you transitioned it for fall, so cute! Thanks for sharing your look with Three-fer Thursday :)

    xo Bethany
    www.perfectlycoutured.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love the bow tie neckline and your dress is fantastic! The boots are a fun touch, too.

    ReplyDelete

Talk, talk, talk!

f16bf93391' type='text/javascript'/>