Downtown Seattle

Oct 10, 2013

downtown-seattle-7downtown-seattle-3shop-minnie-vintage-5shop-minnie-vintage-1
DRESS: c/o Shop Vintage Minnie| SWEATER: thrifted| TIGHTS: Target| OXFORDS: Urban Outfitters

One awesome thing about having my best friends visit is that they're just as nosy in shops as I am. If I catch something kitschy or gimmicky from the corner of my eye, I want to immediately veer off the sidewalk and make that entrance door bell trill. Marc, however, does not oblige me. He's a typical boy and stands in a corner looking at his watch pointedly, or sits in a chair with the same expression I used to get thirty minutes into my high school calculus class: painful boredom. So you can only imagine all the knick knacks and small treasures I got to croon over while we were all walking hand in hand (literally) down the downtown streets of Seattle. But all that window shopping can get a person thirsty, and so we stopped by this ah-mazing root beer bar in Pike's Place Market. If they let me set up a cot to live there, I so would. 

And I've been having so much fun with this zebra print dress from Shop Vintage Minnie. It's just so wonderfully 70's, what with its sharp collar. Last time I styled it with a peacoat but this time around I decided on a more casual look with a fisherman sweater and a pair of oxfords. And then I popped on my new sunnies to tie in that 70's vibe and make the outfit a little more special!

downtown-seattle-13downtown-seattle-10Downtown-Seattle-12 downtown-seattle-11downtown-seattle-9
Tom= scarily beautiful
shop-minnie-vintageshop-minnie-vintage-2downtown-seattle-6downtown-seattle-8downtown-seattle-4 downtown-seattle-1
Polish grandparents pose

And if you think my zebra dress is cute, you should check out the other fall picks Shop Vintage Minnie carries: 



Coffee
Cedar Belle
Wandering
Dividers

______________________________________
Follow Messages on a Napkin on:

BLOGLOVIN • FACEBOOK • PINTEREST • TWITTER •  MY SHOP!
______________________________________

27 comments :

  1. Haha I'm the same way in shops - I can't just look at something. I have to go inside the store, touch it and get all up in that item's business!
    Great dress by the way - lovely print! And those round frames are adorable! I wish I could pull off round frames :[

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omgsh, Tom's face....hahahaha!
    And I adore this zebra print collared dress - the sweater layered over it is perfect :)

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like me! LOL My sister and I indulge in the ADD with each other in shops too. Lovely sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maaaarlen! Your photos always just make me sigh dreamily over my computer. That one picture of with the red chairs and aqua accents seriously is gorgeous?? idk I love the way you capture simple little moments. YOU ARE SO GOOD AT WHAT YOU DO

    That zebra collar is pretty ballin'. And I'm envious that you're already donning sweaters!~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these pictures! You're fantastic at documenting places and happenings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the print of the dress and how it looks with the sweater!
    Your pictures are just wonderful♥
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your layering you did with this look and I so need a white cable knit sweater for Winter! Thanks so much for your comment today dear!

    xx Easy Outfits, by Pip

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah....this makes me want to visit Seattle! Such a gorgeous place. Love your outfit, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love. That zebra print. So much. I hope you style it a million more ways and show them all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the print of your outfit! I'm totally in love with the collar.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute look today, I love the dress so much and the sweater on top is pretty adorable, too!
    Also, Seattle looks like the place to be!

    Have a fantastic day,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such gorgeous photos!! You look so cute :)
    Lucy xo | We Resolve Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous pictures! I love the combination of the dress and the jumper. And those sunglasses are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice photos!

    Marie
    www.stylelistbyme.blogspot.ru/
    www.facebook.com/StylelistByMe
    www.instagram.com/marie_tatarskaya

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think this outfit is my favorite by far! And your friends seem super wacky/cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooh, love it! The zebra print makes me so happy :) Would love to visit Seattle one day! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. glad you've been having fun times with your friends:-) i love the zebra dress, it's adorable! (and i'm also jealous of how white your sweater is; mine's getting far too yellowish, haha!) xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. those sunglasses are too cute! and I am jonesin for a drink from the rootbeer shop. how cute is that place and their drinks?! It's been a while since I have visited Seattle, might be time for another trip!

    christen
    fashionplatecheapskate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooh love this shop you stopped in! Super cute..
    Hope
    hchdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your outfit is SO COOL. I love it. Rock that vintage.

    Also, these photos are beautiful. Seattle looks and sounds like such a dreamy city. I too love poking my nose into every corner, as my curiosity truly gets the best of me. I can't help it! I love exploring! I'm adding Seattle to my ever-growing wanderlust list. Let's hope it happens soon!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You're adorable. As always. That zebra dress is the best thing ever! I'm so glad animal prints (like, actual animals as prints, not... you know, tiger-print or whatever) are coming back into style, because I love them!
    Also, I love your shots of Seattle. I don't know if I've said that, but they're always so fascinating and you capture such great details of the city!
    Isn't it great to have friends that will actually wander into random quirky places with you? Mr. Owl is pretty good about wanting to go into random stores with me, but only if it doesn't look TOO girly. He loves antique stores, though, so that's lucky!
    xo
    Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hmmm... That zebra dress looks familiar! I love seeing how you style things we've seen before in such different ways. And you make me want to go to Seattle really bad every time I visit your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Um a root beer bar?! Sign me up, that sounds delicious! Your friends are super adorable as are you. Love this sweater over the dress ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. The zebra print is sooo much fun!

    Also, LOL, marc & my boyfriend sound very similar! He hates when I NEED to walk into a shop and look at everything. Boys. Haha

    --Leeds
    at this volume

    ReplyDelete

Talk, talk, talk!

f16bf93391' type='text/javascript'/>