Best Friends Taking Over Seattle

Oct 8, 2013

Downtown-Seattle-2


Downtown-Seattle-7 Downtown-SeattleVoyeur-Vintage-Etsy

So my best friends Tom and Lina visited me from Chicago these past four days, and we've been busy snacking on Polish chocolates Lina's mom packed me (d'aww) while doing touristy things like looking up at the Space Needle, walking alongside the Bay, and day drinking.

Seriously though, there's nothing like reuniting with your oldest friends after a three-month-long bout of separation anxiety to turn the three of you into retired 80-year-olds and their drinking habits. It was all "Bloody Marys this" and "Moscow Mules that" with a sprinkling of "for the love of God can we just take the bus" from the geriatric corner of Lina. But now that they're back in the Midwest, it's just me and an empty bank account that I'm too scared to peek into (it's a murder scene in those statements, I know it). But at least I have my heap of pictures to remember our whirl-wind weekend- which I'll be postingthis week. You can pretend you were with us on these adventures :)

Downtown-Seattle-5
Downtown-Seattle-1Voyeur-VintageDowntown-Seattle-3Downtown-Seattle-8Downtown-Seattle-9downtown-seattle-10Voyeur-Vintage-Top
SHIRT: c/o Voyeur Vintage| LONG SLEEVE: Banana Republic| PANTS: American Apparel| SUNNIES: Urban Outfitters

And on a more sartorial note, Marc deemed this my "Velma Outfit". I can see where he's going with that haha but I was actually inspired by Jane Fonda from Barefoot in the Park, which I watched earlier that day. Let me tell you, that woman knows how to rock a sleeveless turtleneck and high waisted pants like no one's business. After watching her for just ten minutes I wanted to dump out my whole closet and just stock up on those two staples. Which is why my heart nearly stopped when I saw one just like it at Voyeur Vintage. The store is pretty much a replica of Corie's closet, what with their ascot dresses, turtleneck sweaters, and mod silhouettes. Since I nabbed this mustard number, here are some other favorites Voyeur Vintage has to offer:

selections



Coffee
Graced

Sweet Bee Finds
Dividers

Linking up with: The Pleated Poppy, What I Wore Wednesday, Random Wednesdays, I Feel Pretty Wednesdays, Tucker Up
______________________________________
Follow Messages on a Napkin on:

BLOGLOVIN • FACEBOOK • PINTEREST • TWITTER •  MY SHOP!
______________________________________

36 comments :

  1. I love your outfit! I am planning to start wearing pants after being skirts/dresses only for all my adult life and your high wasted pants look great

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures! Very nice outfit once again, I love the sunglasses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha Velma outfit! I actually can see where both of you are coming from!
    And it's always nice to reunite with old friends after a long separation! Looks like you had a fun-filled weekend! :]

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling, thank you very much for your lovely comment!
    I like your outfit very much too, it looks very fab and stylish, I just adore your yellow b&w polka dot sweater!
    It looks so stunning!

    xx
    Christina Klein
    http://bychristina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. You two look so stylish and cute! Love the retro glam chic feel of your outfits, esp your use of colours! And those booties look so comfortable yet fashionable :) And lovely pictures as usual!

    xx Debbie

    www.whatdoffydoes.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha OMG YES! Velma! I see it too! I kinda want to dress up like someone from the gang, so since you've taken V I'll be Daphne! Now onto finding someone to play Shaggy and Scooby and to solve my first mystery hehehe!

    SDMxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You mixed my favorite fall colors; rust and golden yellow. And I loooooove those pants and think I might have to get me some!
    xo
    Tawni
    Folk & Fables

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your riding pants!! Cool color! I love vintage keys so badly! Also, it's so wonderful that you're friends are visiting! Always the best!
    ~Sara
    Sincerely, Sara

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love this outfit! How gorgeous is that mustard on you :)

    Tiffany Ima
    Style Honestly

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love the quality and content of your pictures marlen :) its like they were taken from a magazine :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to go there! You're style is impeccable, and it sounds like a good visit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dang, this is a good look! I can see where Velma comes from and I likey! I reallllly could use some bestie time, but alas I am super long distance with mine as well. Glad you enjoyed your time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad to hear you had such a fun time with your friends! I love that yellow top, and the polka dot shirt underneath is super cute!

    -Becca
    Ladyface Blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those old vintage keys are so cool and I adore your sunglasses so much! They really suit you so well!

    xx Easy Outfits, by Pip

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your outfit! It didn't remind me of Velma until I read that, and on second glance, it kinda does! But in the best of ways. ;) I love doing touristy things in Seattle...I feel like I haven't explored the wonders of my own city nearly enough.

    ~Vicki
    decked out in ruffles

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loooove it! Scooby-dooby-do! :D LoL. I would never have thought of layering those two tops together, but they look really stylish on you!

    Abi
    aka The Belated Bloomer

    ReplyDelete
  17. Velma outfit indeed, haha, I love it! The colors are perfect :)
    Sounds like such a fun time with old friends. Reunited and it feeels so gooood! :P

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oooh, I like the sleekness of your outfit, and the vibrant solids mixed with the dainty polka dots. Your weekend sounds like a blast! Although the after-party brokeness is never fun =/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, hooray! Northing like getting to see old friends!

    Second, I love this very mod look you are rockin'.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I absolutely love the 60s mod vibe of your outfit. It is perfection :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I say Jane Fonda meets Velma!! Marlen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU. CUT. YOUR. HAIR. OH MY GOODNESS!! WOW YOU ARE LOOKING GORGEOUS AND DAMN YOUR ROCKING THAT NEW HAIRDO! I love it! Freaking fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  22. It must have been very cool to have this kind of a "reunion". Btw, girl you've got some curves to flaunt! I haven't noticed it before but this outfit realy brought it out - you could wear pants like these more often!

    xoxo

    www.zerxzastyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I agree, nothing is better than spending some time with the people you cherish the most. And I really LOL'd at the Velma outfit :D. I think you look bombastic, missy :)!

    xx
    http://gita-oddsandends.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great beautiful pictures! You look so vintage :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. oh my that is one pretty sunnies!
    I love the mustard color :)

    looks like you have a great in Seatle

    <3
    The Sweetest Escape 

    ReplyDelete
  26. This outfit, those sunglasses... LOVE IT

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love, love, love this! Those pants are ridiculously gorgeous and they fit you so well! You look wonderful in dresses and skirts, but it's a nice change to see you in pants. Makes me want to pull the only two pairs I own out... And dear, you have such a way with words, it's a joy reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  28. love the outfit, so fitting for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Jane Fonda for sure! You're too hot to be Velma ;) I LOVE those sunnies! Sounds like an awesome weekend, can't wait to see your pics!
    Jessi
    http://haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the collar and color of that top; over the dotted long sleeve it's just too darling!
    PS visiting from WIWW. you can see my outfit at Olivia Cleans Green blog.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Ha!! Velma. Sounds like a fun little trip for all of you, even if you're broke, lol! Money well spent, right?

    xo Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love Seattle, its such a green place. Your outfit is gorgeous! Very funky and cute!! mywhiteT.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Seeing all these pictures of Seattle makes me miss it. Definitely one of my favorite cities I've traveled to. Also I am LOVING the Velma outfit! Those sunglasses are ridiculously awesome!

    Laura
    www.lauraneuzeth.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Ah, nothing better than old friends visiting! Looks like you had a fun adventure. Loving those sunglasses, girl! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. I'm not sure if I've ever seen you in pants... you look FAB! I love the AA riding pants-- I've actually been thinking about getting a pair in this exact same color!

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete
  36. Those pants are just amazing!

    xoxo,
    Laura
    http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Talk, talk, talk!

f16bf93391' type='text/javascript'/>