Tartan Dresses in Pioneer Square

Sep 3, 2013

Bottle-Blonde-Vintage-Blog-Post_zps709abb83


c33ec00f-f984-434d-ab53-86f38d65ae8d_zps41a64100
455ab8a7-6d21-4c03-833a-fd7b7c8981f4_zpsb2e6231c
Welp, it started raining here in Seattle and I've come to the stark realization I need rain boots, haha. I've never owned a pair, but after my tennis shoes got flooded after just taking a stroll around the block, I knew I couldn't let any other shoes meet the same watery grave. Whenever it rains I always think of that one scene in Midnight in Paris, where Gil says there's nothing in life quite like strolling in a summer's rain through the city's streets, hands in your pocket and enjoying life. I agree with that whole heartedly, but I don't think the man ever experienced squishy, wet socks. Sigh. And speaking of city streets, here are more pictures from my favorite nook of Seattle, Pioneers Square. I swear I was born in the wrong era, there's just something about mid-century-anything that pulls at my heart strings.

Bottle-Blonde-Vintage-Etsy_zps9245d5cbBottle-Blonde-Vintage_zps0c3f50466b4ca1da-aee2-4b5f-bf4f-60d1a4f929f2_zps2ff6c0c8f831eb04-6342-493c-b770-9ed08e850410_zps23a6ce4aBottle-Blonde-Vintage-Dress-Etsy_zps0860ee0c
And how do you like my Bottled Blonde Vintage dress? When I saw the gingham and the deep pockets, I knew I just had to have it. And to make it a little less '50s housewife, I paired it with some neon sandals I nabbed on the clearance rack at Urban Outfitters. But I've run into a pickle with this dress- I have no idea how to layer it! It's really pretty on it's own (which is maybe the reason why I didn't want to cover it up), but if you have any ideas to get my creativity going, leave me a comment!

Bottle-Blonde-Vintage-Dress_zps1f709f1fed8f1193-c4c7-4c49-ac1a-e6e59ea9f178_zps31d63cd5ad65c7eb-97a0-4444-94b7-36282197b5c4_zps6a5f7712 Bottle-Blonde-Etsy-Dress_zpscafab491 (1)

And speaking of Bottled Blonde Vintage, they have even more pretty vintage dresses and for so cheap! Most of everything is $20 to $30 dollars; it just makes you want to throw everything into your shopping cart and run. Here are some of my favorites:

Bottle-Blonde-Vintage-Choices_zpsc041d605

1/ 2/ 3/ 4
$40/ $20/ $16/ $25

MIX MATCH
Linking up with Coffee Beans and Bobby Pins

______________________________________
Follow Messages on a Napkin on:

BLOGLOVIN • FACEBOOK • PINTEREST • TWITTER •  MY SHOP!
______________________________________

28 comments :

  1. I've lived in Colorado my whole life and I am ashamed to say I don't own any rain boots. While we are nearly a desert, they would be helpful in the snow for sure! Cute dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Squishy shoes and socks definitely have a way of ruining otherwise peaceful walks. Those sandals in this post look so cool! I love the yellow piping detail. Oh man, I'm sure you'll find a way to layer, after all you are a master at it :) Maybe with a belt to pull it up and flare it out a bit, and chunky sweater?

    ReplyDelete
  3. dress link http://us.asos.com/ASOS-Midi-Dress-With-Kimono-Sleeve-In-Floral-Print/10j7rs/?iid=2810671&SearchQuery=kimono%20sleeves%20midi%20dress&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=36&sort=-1&clr=Print&mporgp=L0FTT1MvQVNPUy1NaWRpLURyZXNzLVdpdGgtS2ltb25vLVNsZWV2ZS1Jbi1GbG9yYWwtUHJpbnQvUHJvZC8.


    xoxo


    p.s. working on my photo website...trying not to completely disappear;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love shirt-dresses! Yours is perfect! And I really like the neon shoes you paired with it!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the sandals- the pop of yellow is so cute- but you definitely need a pair of rain boots! :)

    -Ashley
    http://lestylorouge.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seattle and all that redbrick looks so beautiful, I have always wanted to visit. I feel you on shoes being forsaken to the rain. Some weeks here nothing will do only welly boots (of which I still don't own a pair!)
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its' truly gorgeous dress! I love everything about vintage and especially because it can be teamed with some modern accessories, shoes etc and it will have completely unique style with touch of history

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blog redesign looks so good! This dress is perfect on you and I didn't own rain boots till last year...really great investment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really hate rain boots but they are practically a requirement in NYC since when it storms the streets turn to rivers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving the yellow shoes paired with that dress! By the way, your pictures are always amazing. I feel like sometimes I live vicariously through your trendy life.

    Have a great evening!
    Grace
    A Southern Drawl

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just adore this tartan print dress! Not to mention those neon sandals - ee!
    Ha, and yes, crossing off all those required courses one by one on my degree requirement list? Best. Feeling. Ever!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that part in Midnight and Paris :) I totally know what its like to walk around in socks that have been drenched from the rain too - that's the worst! haha. Boots definitely work wonders. And you look so charming in this dress. I'd say it looks pretty swell on its own.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a gorgeous post! From your darling outfit to the exquisite captures of the city.. All so wonderful and good for the soul!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think the only thing you could do to the dress is adding a belt but that's pretty much it .. I agree, this dress is good on it's own!

    xoxo

    www.zerxzastyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sometimes I just layer a tightly fitting long sleeved shirt under my dresses--in a contrasting color or pattern, that can be fun! From everything I've heard about Seattle, I imagine rainboots could come in handy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know this is random, but I adore your pictures!!!

    Maria Pol xx

    http://mariapoool.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very cute... as far as layering? I would try a turtleneck and a belt to help give it a waist... riding boots and possibly if the turtleneck idea is a bust try a leather bomber jacket... just some ideas...
    Hope
    hchdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ouu, I love a good plaid dress! This shade of blue looks great on you by the way! I have a few dresses that end up being summer dresses because I lack the ability to layer them, so I wish I could help! :S And thank you for the tip about the hats at Urban Outfitters, already have I picked out my birthday presents! hah

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE this dress! You seriously pull off things that most people could never pull off (including me!) and I love it. You look so cute! And yes, you definitely need some rain boots for Seattle!

    xo
    Jody
    www.jodybeth.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yes, you definitely need some rain boots. Although I spent 23 years of my life in rainy Eugene and never owned a pair until I moved to Phoenix where I never need them ;) Love this dress and now I'm drooling over that daisy skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Once again, I love not only your outfits but the way you have infused the post with Seattle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Rain rubber boots are pretty hot and
    they come in many colors and design
    nowadays c: You look, again, lovely
    and so 'retro-ish' :D Xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. I so love that dress and I would never have thought of pairing it with sandals but it works so well. That skirt in the bottom collage is amazing as well! XX

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this look! Very cute and casual and those sandals are super cute they pop out your dress even more. Check out my blog: mywhiteT.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very cute dress! would be perfect for a baby shower. Welcome to the What to Wear link up! =}
    thegirlwhosays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. It's the belle epoche! Ah, Seattle. It's the number one place I want to visit in the US! Loving your take on tartan! xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. You're a vintage lover!! Yay! I love it -- and the cityscape/landscape photos are also so beautiful. (Found you also through the Friday linkup!)

    ReplyDelete

Talk, talk, talk!

f16bf93391' type='text/javascript'/>