Pretty Cat Vintage

Sep 16, 2013


Well how do you like that, before we even knew it it's Monday again! My weekend was positively perfect. On Friday Marc got home late, and steamed for having to stay cooped up indoors longer than planned, we decided to tap into our college years and go on a bar crawl; attendees: two. We forewent the neon t-shirts but brown-bagged a couple of beers from the mini mart, and reminiscing about junior year shenanigans made our way to the cool part of town. It's funny- we both went to college together, attended all the same classes and were inside all the same study groups and discussions, but never really spoke to each other. Then a month after we graduated, after I came back from my trip to Thailand, I went on a whim to a bar my friends and I weren't originally supposed to go to (and so did he), and then sometime in between a Pitbull song and a "Teach Me How to Dougie" contest, we bumped into each other while ordering drinks. And then the rest was history (i.e. I put him under my powerful spell MUAHAHA).

But back to present day, when we reached the bar no one was dancing, but that just meant there was more room to spin me around. And you know when the DJ plays a Backstreet boy song (which he did) I need all the elbow room I can get to pay tribute properly. By the end of the night my favorite keds were sufficiently stained and ruined, and noticing that on the way home, I was satisfied with the night's results.

The next day called for sweater weather, and ditching our plans for strolling around town, we instead stayed indoors in sweatpants- occasionally eating pumpkin pie and occasionally taking turns reading The Stranger out loud to each other. I snuck in a Doris Day movie or two while he went to go do some boy things, and then before I knew it, it was evening all over again. I swear, there just aren't enough hours in the day for me to be satisfied!




And how fun is my first official fall outfit? The acid wash denim dress is from Pretty Cat Vintage, and I knew it would be the perfect piece to layer my long, baggy sweaters over. Since I nabbed this piece, below are some of my other favorites the little vintage shop is carrying! All your Fall essentials, and for cheap too ;)

Pretty-Cat-Vintage-Picks
1/ 2/ 3/ 4

Sweater- H&M
Cardi- UO
Shoes- UO

Today linking to: Real Girl Glam and Style Elixr 
______________________________________
Follow Messages on a Napkin on:


BLOGLOVIN • FACEBOOK • PINTEREST • TWITTER • MY SHOP!
______________________________________

28 comments :

  1. I am so jealous of everyone talking about fall weather & here I am with a 97 degree day! :(

    I love this outfit, as always! I am especially loving that cardi!

    ♥ Brittney @ True Vintage Love
    www.truevintagelove.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sooo excited for sweater weather!!! Love this one, it's perfect with that floral dress.
    And I love how you guys ended up gettin' together, sometimes the timing just needs to be right
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your paired floral with that color sweater! And awwwwww<3 What a cute story! Thank you for sharing, Marlen:)
    Hugs & Kisses,
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh I like the cardigan!
    xx,
    Justina
    www.abentpieceofwire.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I like the story of how you ended up together!

    Als- a cute and very Marlen outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this story about you and your boyfriend. My boyfriend and I went to the same college and studied the same major as well but didn't start talking or dating until towards the end of our time there. And how cute that you guys went on your own bar crawl. Sounds like so much fun.

    On to your outfit now: I LOVE your sweater. You look so adorable in it and I like how you mixed in the floral too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so cute that you two had college classes together and got to know each other after graduation! And the bar crawl with your man sounds like a blast. I need your sweater in my life!

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you had a great weekend! Monday always rolls around too quickly, doesn't it?

    On another note, I love your sweater! It's perfect for fall and looks SO cozy.

    xoxo Jackie
    somethingaboutthatthing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, I must've missed it, but I'm loving how you redid the blog! So clean and sharp. Definitely makes your amazing photos stand out more :)
    Love the sweater layered on top! Fantastic

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the layers! I know it's cliche, but I'm so enamored of sweaters. Definitely the best thing about a chill in the air.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have the same jumper, yaaay, and I love it! Look at me, all excited and shit :D. Super cute layering, once again :).
    ... And don't even start on the Backstreet boys song, we all know how crazy things can get ;)).

    xx
    http://gita-oddsandends.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look so cute and cozy as always :]

    And totally feeling you on dancing to BSB - who doesn't dance at a bar when BSB is playing??

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  13. this outfit is lovely, different, but lovely as you always are!

    WWW.FASHION-BREAKER.COM
    WWW.FASHION-BREAKER.COM

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that cardigan on you! Really suits you :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. As far as I'm concerned, that is the best way to go to the bars! Dance floor to yourself? Don't mind if I do . . . And that story about the two of you meeting is so cute. And funny that that song will always make you think of each other I'm sure. For my husband and I it's "Down with the Sickness" by Disturbed (long story). This cardigan is AWESOME! I love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This weekend really did fly by for me too... but it sounds like you really enjoyed it as it did :)
    Love this layered sweater look! Fall outfits are so fun to layer up

    <3 dani
    www.shopdisowned.com
    http://blog.shopdisowned.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. i'm loving your acid wash denim! too fun for fall! x

    dipped in yellow

    ReplyDelete
  18. i cant' agree more! there's not enough hours for fun. anyway it's nice to know about you and Marc's story. my boyfriend and i went through kind of the same thing... we've known each other since we were young, and our families too... we had the same friends, but we never spoke to each other until senior year in high school. the rest is history. haha. anyway loving the layering in this outfit!

    xo, Carla
    Little Miss Violet

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the things you chose from Pretty Cat! They've got tons of great stuff!

    xo
    Tawni
    Folk & Fables

    ReplyDelete
  20. The layering here is perfection! Love all the cozy fall colors and your weekend sounds glorious! Kind of love ditching plans to hang out in sweatpants, though I probably do it a bitttt too often. Rob and I relived college too while being stuck indoors because of major flooding playing two person beer pong with pumkin ale and making up ridiculous drinking games!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I want your sweater! It's perfect. The colour, the cozy knit, everything. I've never really been a fan of the acid wash, but this dress is pretty (what I can see of it hah), and it looks great with the floral print. AND, did I read that correctly? Read out-loud?! I thought I was the only one who did that! hah. Weirder so, if the author or character is British, well it only calls for an accent. You're awesome dear!

    ReplyDelete
  22. perfectly understated. i love this outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Glad you had a fun weekend- love it when that happens! Mine wasn't quite perfect (a 3-hour car trip to and from a wedding in Iowa on Saturday; yiiiiikes long day!), but there are high hopes for next weekend. :)

    Love the layers!

    -Ashley
    http://lestylorouge.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm loving the colours and textures in this outfit, Marlen! And your weekend sounds di-vine!
    I hope your week is going fabulously thus far :)
    -Carley
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Those boots... must have those boots...
    Hope
    hchdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the way you styled this outfit with the various amounts of layering! Also that floral print is gorgeous! :) xx

    adaliascloset.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  27. The layers! I love the denim dress layered under the floral dress. So creative. :)

    Flounces & Hubbub

    ReplyDelete

Talk, talk, talk!

f16bf93391' type='text/javascript'/>