Lucy, Meet Marlen

Sep 10, 2013

Pioneer-Square, lifestyle-photoFancy-Lucky-Vintage, Little-French-Dress, How-to-style-vintage, how-to-modernize-vintage, etsy-dress, how-to-layer-a-dress, rusted-revolution, rusted-revolution-jewelry, spine-collar-necklaceFancy-Lucky-Vintage, Little-French-Dress, How-to-style-vintage, how-to-modernize-vintage, etsy-dress, how-to-layer-a-dress, rusted-revolution, rusted-revolution-jewelry, spine-collar-necklace

I don't know if it's the I Love Lucy marathons that are running in the background as I work, but this week all I want to do is wear full skirts and prim, lady-like tops. Now if only I still had my red hair and I knew how to weave a curling iron without singing my finger prints off. I'm still young, I'm sure I'll pick up these female skills sooner or later (that or the committee will demand my ovaries back.)

Do you remember this Fancy Lucky Vintage dress I wore a few weeks back? The ones with the stylish-equivalent-of-cargo-pants pockets? Well it seems like I can't help putting blouses over it, and this Little French Dress top fit the bill so perfectly. I loved that the little blooms on it matched the colors of the dress, and it let me play with my favorite pattern combo- flowers and stripes. And in order to make the lines of the outfit appealing, I tied the bottom of the top into a knot, so it would sit on my natural waist. I think Lucy herself would like to take a whirl in this outfit, don't you? ;)

lifestyle-photo, architecture-photo, lower-queen-anne, seattle
Fancy-Lucky-Vintage, Little-French-Dress, How-to-style-vintage, how-to-modernize-vintage, etsy-dress, how-to-layer-a-dress, rusted-revolution, rusted-revolution-jewelry, spine-collar-necklacepioneer-square, seattle, lifestyle-photolifestyle-photo, capitol-hill, seattle, ice-cream, molly-moon's-ice-creamFancy-Lucky-Vintage, Little-French-Dress, How-to-style-vintage, how-to-modernize-vintage, etsy-dress, how-to-layer-a-dress

Spine Collar Necklace- Rusted Revolution
Dress- c/o Fancy Lucky Vintage
Blouse- c/o Little French Dress
Purse- F21
Shoes- H&M

And in case you're in the market for some sweet vintage pieces of your own, here are some of my favorite picks from Fancy Lucky Vintage and Little French Dress:

Untitled-1
1/ 2/ 3
______________________________________
Follow Messages on a Napkin on:

BLOGLOVIN • FACEBOOK • PINTEREST • TWITTER •  MY SHOP!
______________________________________

34 comments :

  1. I love how that necklace of yours
    creates an illusion of a real
    peterpan collar of that top c:
    You look nice as usual! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Lucy Ricardo would absolutely love your outfit. I adore the delicate yellow flowers on your blouse- it compliments the blue quite nicely, and your shoes are simply stylish! Thank you for the outfit inspiration!

    Cheers!
    Akshara
    Simply Akshara

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute, perfect for the indian summer we're having here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't you cute! Love your creative ideas for layers... there's so much possibility for change and innovation that way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Love Lucy is amazing - I can totally tell you channeled her in this outfit! Cute blouse and I'm loving your collar necklace! Very cute!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Marlen. So lovely, truly a favorite look. That print is darling, the shirt delicate and you look the prim lady indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok - that dress / blouse combination is just plain awesome! I LOVE those pockets - imagine all the stuff I would store in those babies - having two boys and all..hehe. You definitely remind me of Lucy here which is utter perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is perfectly Lucy-inspired! I remember watching that show with my parents growing up, and looking back, I really admire Lucy's style. Especially those amazing curls!
    Haha, love your take on her look :)

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely outfit and pictures!
    xoxo

    www.cakeandcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the gold necklace you have on here!

    Nicole
    www.eleganceandclutter.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely outfit! That skirt is so very pretty. And I do think it's one that Lucy would love.(;
    Oh, and in response to your comment on my blog, the island was really fun! Bainbridge is really fun to explore. I really recommend visiting Poulsbo, which is a fun little Scandinavian themed town with a bunch of cute shops. I think there's also a lot of good hiking...and the Bloedel Reserve is really fun too. :P There's definitely lots to do!

    ~Vicki
    Decked Out in Ruffles

    ReplyDelete
  12. AW this is one of my favorite looks of yours to date! So sweet.

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cuuuuute! I love how you made the dress into a skirt :)

    heyniki.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lucy is definitely a great style icon and you did a wonderful job of imitating her style. This outfit is adorable :) And omg, Molly Moon's. I couldn't stop talking about that place when I came back from Seattle haha. Best ice cream ever.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like this shirt/skirt combo-cute!
    -katie
    katiemariev.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. very lucille ball indeed! she is one of my top icons, my parents used to tell time to me in i love lucy shows. 3 hours = 6 lucy shows haha

    ReplyDelete
  17. hello adorable. This outfit is so presh. I'm obsessed. Fabulous post, love. If you get a sec, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest. :) xo

    www.fashboulevard.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is extremely lovely; totally "I Love Lucy" like :)! The necklace is gorgeous too, so are the other pictures. Ah, you posts are always so well-written!

    xx
    http://gita-oddsandends.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. lovely outftit!
    happy Wendesday!

    peacequiethere.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete
  20. When I saw the first picture I was like "Hey, that's THAT dress!" Hehe it was such a great moment for me. I love that top on it, what a great idea :)

    xoxo

    www.zerxzastyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. nice shirt! I like the print!
    xoxo
    http://dailyfashiondream.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is my favourite outfit of yours ever. Too perfect and sweet for words. Beautiful stunning and adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm lately a bit obsessed with full and midi skirts too!! ;-)
    Love your dress honey!
    xoxo
    Patricia

    http://misstoptenimage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. This outfit is adorable and wonderful.
    I've been watching too many Friends marathons, and I find myself in long, eclectic Phoebe-esque dresses lately! haha.

    <3 dani
    www.shopdisowned.com
    http://blog.shopdisowned.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. lady, i love this! you seriously are so good at layering things over dresses! how do you do it?! any time i try to layer something over a dress, it turns into a disaster.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very cute in the layering!! Love this combo and your hair & makeup look awesome!
    Hope
    hchdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. You look so lovely, darling!

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete
  28. Such a cute outfit! I love this dress worn like a skirt!

    -Becca
    Ladyface Blog

    ReplyDelete
  29. I LOVE this outfit - the top that you put over your dress is just perfect!

    xoxo,
    Laura
    http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Talk, talk, talk!

f16bf93391' type='text/javascript'/>