Getting My Cowboy Kicks

Sep 20, 2013

la-meow-vintage-intro la-meow-scarf la-meow-vintage-scarf

When I saw this cat printed (!!!) handkerchief from La Meow Vintage I nearly fainted from the sweetness of it all. And after seeing the Vaux Vintage lookbook, I knew I wanted to try out the whole bandito-handkerchief thing after seeing this vintage styling in particular. I think it's so adorable! Since a cat print, wide brimmed hat, and subtle bandit touches can be a bit overwhelming when put together (who woulda thought), I decided to keep the rest of the look neutral and went for a maxi denim pinafore with a striped shirt. I can live in this outfit for daaaays.

Also, while putting this look together I came to the realization I need to get my life in order and buy a full-length mirror. YES, I don't own one. And YES, it makes for some ridiculous acrobatics in the bathroom while trying to glimpse your full self in the tiny mirror. Yesterday I tried standing on the toilet in my boots to see if they looked good and the lid started sliding sideways and I nearly broke the whole damn thing (#sorrymarc). But not feeling deterred, I grabbed a hold of the sink and started kicking my legs up like a cancan in the hopes of glimpsing the shoe. And yes, I'll admit that when I stopped- slightly panting and exhausted but victorious- and turned around, there was Marc leaning against the door jam, trying to size up if it was time to call the loony bin or not. 

I make for an interesting roommate. 

La-Meow-Vintage la-meow-vintage-etsy la-meow-etsy-vintage

Also, I think this outfit would have been perfect if I had some crazy patterned socks. Lord do I want to find a pair. Here's looking at you Ali ;)

And here are some of my favorite picks from La Meow Vintage, for your browsing pleasure!:

options
1/ 2/ 3

Sweater- H&M
Booties- Lulu*s
Hat- Urban Outfitters

Linking up with: Monday Bloom 
______________________________________
Follow Messages on a Napkin on:

BLOGLOVIN • FACEBOOK • PINTEREST • TWITTER •  MY SHOP!
______________________________________

23 comments :

  1. You are so cute. I absolutely love your cat print scarf with the wide-brimmed hat. Very bandito-esque in a good way. I understand the acrobatics to see your full outfit in the mirror. I have to do that when I'm back at my home home. My apartment has a full-length mirror, but at home I have to stand on my bed and look at my outfit in the vanity mirror. Which is kind of hard in heels and has led to me falling off many a time. Luckily I've never broken anything. Yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I definitely had a hilarious visual of you trying to see yourself in the mirror! My husband and I lived without a full-length for a really long time and then we finally got one it was amazing! Anyway, love the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, you look wonderful.

    And I hear you on the full-length mirror debacle. I don't have one quite, almost but not quite, so I alternate between two different mirrors in my house and pace back and forth until I find just the right outfit. Drives the husband and the car nuts. We are a special breed and we attract the good ones. :P

    love,
    a

    www.missdecaf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are the cutest! And oh my goodness I'm in love with that scarf!!! Gah! Need.
    Your story about trying to see your heels cracked me up SO much! I used to stand on the edge of my parents' bathtub in order to see my full outfit; it was slippery, but slightly easier than standing on a toilet. And hey, you could always get one of those cheap $7 ones from Target till you find a really awesome full-length mirror! It's what we have. I hate it, but it beats standing on the toilet...
    xo
    Kristina
    www.eccentricowl.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha I didn't have a full-length mirror for the longest time either! And oh man, I did the exact same thing you did - stand on top of the toilet seat to try to look at myself haha. Luckily my new apartment had a full-length mirror in the bathroom.

    Love the boots - they're super cute and fall appropriate. I've been on the hunt for a nice pair of black boots! And that scarf is a cute touch :]

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need one of those scarfs!!! Your mirror story was HILARIOUS!! Who knew one had to go to such lengths to catch a glimpse of their boots - which look fab by the way :-D

    ♥ Paula Shoe Fiend.
    http://shoe-fiend.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, can I just say...your blog is amazing! your style is so different (very good thing!) and I love the template of your blog with all the pretty banners down the side. Makes me think I need to step up my blogging game! haha! And thank you for commenting on my blog :)

    Mary
    www.littlefeatherstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree, you are cute! You look like a chic girl from Wild West movie coming right out of the screen;)
    Have a fabulous time!

    www.svetusvet.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool! You definitely pull off this look! In my bedroom, my entire closet door is a mirror. I love it to death. It's the reason we don't sleep in the master bedroom, because the master bedroom in our house doesn't have a mirror as huge as a door in it! Gotta have priorities.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way cuter than what Cowboy's wear. I love you in that hat.

    Oh, a full length mirror is so nice to have. Hope you get one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want all of your denim dresses and the like. You make them look so charming and whimsical!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hahaha, I know what you mean by that miniature mirror - I had the same problem in my previous apartment. Jumping up and down the toilet - good old times, ... :D!
    Loving your outfit and that scarf is DOPE!

    xx
    http://gita-oddsandends.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I also love the cat printed scarf. It's just to die for. I saw your outfit first in the Modcloth style gallery and couldn't quite contain my squeal of delight when I came to your blog and saw the cute little kitties up close. The squeal was mistaken for one of pain by one of the girls I live with, which I guess makes me an 'interesting' housemate as well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Where do I even begin? I love that you're wearing that dress! It is a garment someone would easily overlook in a thrift store yet it is so chic when on! That trilby hat has Mick Jones from The Clash written all over it. And finally - THAT SCARF! I'm a sucker for anything animal patterned.

    x The Pretty Secrets

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahhh I love that scarf. The print and colors are just adorable!

    xx.
    Stephanie | fashion and tea

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look adorable as always! Love your scarf!

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look lovely! I love your cat print scarf and this maxi denim pinafore. I used to do this kind of acrobatics when I didn't have a full-length mirror, I know how it is!

    Many kisses
    Angelina - http://www.just-angelina.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. CRAZY PATTERNED SOCKS YEAAAHH! I have been looking for some crazy patterns, but not been able to find many yet. I'm sure as we make our way into winter they'll be more abundant. I know that Happy Socks has a ton, but those are quite pricy to me. But good luck, qurl.

    That scarf is fab. I mean, how can it not be with cats on it??

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can not believe you have been putting your outfits together all this time without a full-length mirror! How did you do it? When you mix so many things and rely so heavily on the perfect proportion, you NEED a full-length mirror to make sure you're getting it done right.

    Color me: impressed!

    Kate from Clear the Way

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh god, absolutely in love with that cat scarf...i love everything with cats in it!

    The Young Bridget Jones

    ReplyDelete

Talk, talk, talk!

f16bf93391' type='text/javascript'/>