Life Is Good

Aug 19, 2013

 photo 9131b52c-c515-46f9-a77a-92de8415df77_zps17646b64.jpg



 photo IMG_6209x_zpsa2570573.jpg   photo photo_zpsa2ffb91b.jpg photo photo1_zps3e2b9ea2.jpg
 photo rawr_zpsa448b4b3.jpg photo a3c69829-9091-423e-8aec-5d953e37fbcc_zpsebb7b959.jpg
Ohhh how I love weekends, and, specifically, Saturdays. It's the one day Marc and I venture outside- hands over our faces, blinking against the rarely seen sunlight- and blow our tiny budget on anything and everything frivolous. We ventured into Capitol Hill and spent our day as follows: bought Korean BBQ the second we spotted it, and then tried to shop for new (read: bigger) pantalones for Marc because he didn't feel like buttoning his jeans after said meal. After that failed attempt we bought giant waffle cone ice creams to console ourselves, and then found a Badminton kit at Walgreens and played ever so poorly at the park (while doing professional shuffle moves, racket spins, and grunts). After a while we decided that was far too much verb-age and went to scope out a burger joint as a night cap, weighing the option but resisting the choice of getting milk shakes to dunk french fries into. Life. Is. Good. 
 photo 012a46ac-a565-4ba5-a2fb-9a667a832c3a_zpsd0826d60.jpg photo IMG_6259_zps269da55e.jpg photo roar_zps9b4dda0d.jpg
 photo IMG_6277_zps7e442abf.jpg photo ba2cee66-fc2e-45f2-9855-a7383846c0b4_zpsd9cc97cc.jpg photo a9e8af5d-e0db-47bf-9ab2-fdba3e50ce3a_zps48ea9f03.jpg
And as you can see, the love for my DOTTO vest continues. Below is how I wore it last time, and if you didn't read my post the first time around, I really like the Etsy store DOTTO because #1 it was featured in Lucky Magazine as one of the Top 40 Vintage Goldmines, and #2 Nicole runs the store as a one-woman-show so she can make her serial volunteering her full-time career. She's super passionate about giving back, and even gives a portion of her proceeds to even more causes. The woman's on fire.
 photo photolayouts_part05_heavy_04_zpsa04bcbee.jpg
 photo photolayouts_part05_heavy_03_zps3624e49e.jpg

 photo tri_zps841229c2.jpg
Here are some of my favorites from Dotto (especially #3, it's got a frilly bottom and a heart print!)

123

Vest- c/o DOTTO
Skirt- F21
Sandals- H&M
Blouse- for sale in my shop HERE

PS- Did you enter my $50 Vintage Urban Renewal giveaway? It ends in a few days, don't miss your chance!
 photo b_zps5c89d2ba.jpg

______________________________________
             Follow Messages on a Napkin on:

          BLOGLOVIN • FACEBOOK • PINTEREST • TWITTER •  MY SHOP!  ______________________________________

28 comments :

  1. Oh man, I LOVE Korean barbecue! And all the other food that you enjoyed haha! And I adore that vest. I think I said that before in a previous post of yours but it's so cute!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds absolutely perfect :). The weekends are the best. I like nr.3 as well, comfy and cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, sounds like a perfect Saturday! My bf and I are the same- we usually use Saturday to be out and about, visiting our favourite haunts and discovering new ones. Can't beat Korean BBQ and thrift shopping! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. blowing tinny budgets on weekends is my favourite activity! Mostly if it's vintage shopping!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photos make me want to visit Seattle again! The one time I was there for only one day from Vancouver was not enough.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had the loveliest of weekends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a fun weekend. I've been on a crazy ice cream kick all summer, and am now craving more after reading about your waffle cones!

    -Becca
    Ladyface Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those photos!:)
    amazing place
    rslamode.blogspot.hu
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh milkshakes and french fries.. sounds amazing..
    Hope
    hchdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the vest! I have a denim dress just like the one pictured ... love it!

    <3 dani
    http://blog.shopdisowned.com
    www.shopdisowned.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. how was korean bbq?! there's a new place up the street from us that i want to try :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a fun weekend! Specially the badminton. Love how different your two outfits with the vest are :)

    Mili from call me, Maeby

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have nothing to say against weekends or weekend adventures, that's for sure! And I love your layering!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your vest is so absolutely awesome!! I love your photos, they're so summery and give such a feel to the atmosphere :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sounds like such a great Saturday and I love the little bits you picked up :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. AHHH this sounds like an amazing day! I think me and you and marc and rob would get along wonderfully based on the food consuming you just described. And also the flapping park games! Glad you guys are getting out to enjoy the new city!!!
    xo Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like a really fun day out! Great shots and I love your outfits, too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE the little denim dress and that fab necklace!

    Marie @
    Lemondrop ViNtAge

    ReplyDelete
  19. UM, ALL THAT FOODS SOUND AMAZING. The most perfect Saturday ever!!! God, I'm so hungry....
    This mustard vest is so awesome, perfect topper on this look!
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely photos! It seems like you had a relaxing weekend as well.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely photos! They're the perfect little vignettes. Also, I love your skirt! That style is so cute.

    ~Vicki
    Decked Out in Ruffles

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love badminton and food so this sounds like a great way to spend Saturday to me :) And that skirt is so cute! Great remix.

    ReplyDelete
  23. giiiirrrrrrl? sounds like a dream day if ever there were one.

    thank you lady Marlen!
    DOTTO


    ReplyDelete
  24. oooh love that skirt! and as always, love your photos!


    --Leeds
    at this volume

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gosh, you always make the most gorgeous shots, I love them. The cities you visit always look so tempting and fresh! Yep, with blogs like yours, life is good :)!

    xx
    http://gita-oddsandends.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh what a lovely little weekend you had! Also, totally respect you even more now since you dunk your fries into your ice cream. People think I'm weird when I do that. It tastes SO GOOD. Props to ya, Mizz Marlen.

    Yeah, that vest is cool. It kind of reminds me of cheese here. That's a compliment, I PROMISE. And I adore your skiiiiiiiirt.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sounds like a perfect Sunday, indeed. It makes me wish I had a new, big city to explore right outside my doorstep. Glad you are enjoying your new turf!

    ReplyDelete
  28. This was a fun read! It sounds like you had the most perfect and simplest of weekends, which are truly the best.

    I love the way you styled the DOTTO vest- you speak vintage to me, and the way you wear it is so classy!

    Cheers!
    Akshara
    Simply Akshara

    ReplyDelete

Talk, talk, talk!

f16bf93391' type='text/javascript'/>